Sponsored

New engine poll because of B&P price increase.

Keeping 2.7 or switching to 2.3? B&P $ increase

• Total voters

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just curious how many people that where planning to get the Auto and 2.7 are switching to the 2.3 because of Fords B&P price increases? I know my build went up over $2k+ because of it. So I'm now over budget. Thinking of going to the 2.3 to bring the cost back down. And it's still a hell of a good engine with gobs of power. Especially with the performance tune.

So this poll will be a comparison to the original engine poll that was put up months ago to see how things changed. So don't lump this with that.
Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Keeping the 2.7, but not happy about price increase.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Staying with the 2.7. not entirely happy they waited 2 months to correct the pricing but it wasnt entirely unexpected either.

They fuck up like that again though and I'm out. I'm not a homer that's going to let them continue to increase cost because of mistakes like that. I'll just move on.

Sponsored

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seriously annoyed by Ford's slow response in correcting a glaring pricing issue like this. Looked at 4Runners yesterday. Considered how long I still must wait and CONTINUE to endure pricing unknowns. And as I have a late reservation no faith at all now that MY 22 will not have a multi-thousand dollars price increase. Those of us who are willing to wait need a point at which we can actually have a "locked in" price on our orders.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was considering the 2.7/Auto only because "it was a steal". I had no need for it, and the 2.7 would have only been to preserve trade-in value. The 2.3 will suit my needs. It is a mental hurdle to overcome of being a 4 cylinder. But truth be known, it provides more horsepower and torque than my current 3.7L v6 for the past 17 years.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well...I'm not paying that price increase! 2.3 auto. Only bc I want to keep the high package! When it came down to it, it really was one or the other. So I decided to keep the high package! I think the 2.3 and I be just fine!!

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
My intent is to get the 2.3 MT7.....but if the 10sp automatic were somehow deemed a "necessity" (influence from wife, decision to move to a higher trim and get the mid package, etc.)....then I would have originally also gotten the 2.7/auto combo at the $1895 price point. With the pricing error correction.... no, it isn't worth $3490 to me.

First choice still 2.3/MT7 Base. At this point, the higher trims just don't offer enough value for my use case to justify the cost. But....if I were to move up to Big Bend or Black Diamond, I'll keep the 2.3.

Sponsored

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still 2.7. The price increase sucks but wasn't unexpected. I haven't driven the 2.3 but that 2.7 scoots pretty good in the F150 and gets pretty good mpg.

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The B&P change/correction has made me reconsider my engine option for sure. For me the tech in the LUX package with the 2.3L in the OBX is only $2k more. What I get for going from MID to LUX package is huge and well worth it.
Prior build:
BD, 2.7L, MID, Auto, etc.
Current build:
OBX, 2.3L, LUX, Auto, etc.

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve been in the manual camp since the beginning. Like others, I considered the 2.7 auto since it seemed like a great deal, but at best was maybe 40:60 for the auto. The recent price correction pushes the 2.7 out of my budget. I’m excited to have the manual.
Sponsored