Reaction score
Website
specialtyperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor/Bronco/Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to introduce ourselves.

At SPV Parts, we believe in producing aftermarket products that don't feel or install like normal aftermarket products. They feel and install like OEM.

For that reason, we developed and filed for patent on the first Plug N Play, buildable wire harness system. With these harnesses, you can install any light, in virtually any configuration, in any vehicle. Including of course the Bronco. These harnesses also easily plug into the vehicle components like parking lights, marker lights, tail lights for reverse or tail light power. No more cutting and splicing. You can get any component or plug in piece you need to accomplish any install.

Here is a quick video on our harness system introduction on the Motor Trend Channel, followed by our SPV Parts Rigid Radiance Fog kit with our SPV parts Strategically designed brackets for the modular bumper. Our mounts also go through hours and hours of prototyping to make sure fit and alignment are the best available.

I will follow up with some more videos soon.

John Trischler
SPVparts
317-93-GO-SPV
spvparts.com

Sponsored

Skeener801

Black Diamond
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, 2022 Bronco 2.3, auto, soft top.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I'm interested in this and will likely be ordering as soon as my Bronco shows up.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
John,

There have been body control module issues reported in the in the Raptor world when using the factory harness to trigger even relays for lights and light bars. Have you seen any reports of this on the Raptor forum and can you confirm it doesn’t impact the Bronco? I like the idea of plug and play, especially for triggering my driving lights off the factory high beams.

The problem is mentioned in post #7 of this thread.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/drl-amber-issue.87396/

OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
John,

There have been body control module issues reported in the in the Raptor world when using the factory harness to trigger even relays for lights and light bars. Have you seen any reports of this on the Raptor forum and can you confirm it doesn’t impact the Bronco? I like the idea of plug and play, especially for triggering my driving lights off the factory high beams.

I can’t speak to how Anyone else may have installed anything. I know often times people try to pull from headlights for bright circuits etc.

often times the issue is something someone inadvertently did that caused it.

I can tell you this. Of the Gen 2 and the Gen 3 Raptors. We have probably in the area of 5,000 or more tail light adapters and marker adapters for reverse lights as well as parking lights out there. We also have a few hundred of our new parking/marker adapter on the Bronco. There has never been an issue that wasn’t customer created.
In other words. If installed as designed.

it is a fact that Ford puts load bearing sensors in the computer for amp draws. So if you try to run a light bar from a fog light circuit or something, then it will shut off the circuit.
For reverse triggers, they don’t trip the circuit with the standard pod lights that are 2 amps each or less. Backlights also do not have an issue on these circuits. In fact. I have tested this on Gen 2 and 3 Raptors with 40” light bar, 6 fog lights, 20” and 10” light bar and rear lights all with backlights. The backlights draw fractions of an amp.

Now, the only thing I have noticed is on the Bronco. It isn’t an issue. It’s more of a characteristic. On the Bronco. If you don’t drive it for a couple days. The parking lights don’t flash when you first unlock the door. When you start it, it resets all the power save features and they then flash again when you unlock the doors with the remote.

You can see what I mean in how they flash and how the Radiance lights can integrate with them in the above video.

From there, I also tested the circuit with our marker adapter and a 40” Rigid roof light bar. Obviously a much bigger backlight. It in itself wasn’t an issue. However, the Rigid SR Radiance bar is RGB. So you can change colors. We have an in-line tap switch that allows that by pushing it to disconnect power, and release and tap multiple times to change each color. The Bronco, unlike the Raptor when the bar is on that parking light circuit works perfect. When you press the switch and interrupt the power to the backlight, the system senses a loss of power/draw and shuts off the circuit until you turn the truck off and back on.

I solved that issue with an in-line relay. The relay isn’t needed unless you are trying to change colors. On that, I am currently testing some in-line mini relay options to have as an option for the RGB lights.

Here is another video showing the Radiance light bar on the roof and it tied into the marker adapter as well. As you see, there are no issues. I also go through the color change sequence.

Let me put it like this. With the volume we do on the Raptor and Bronco with these systems. If there were any issues, it wouldn’t do me any good to try to cover it up. It would surface and we would be dealing with mad customers all day. Obviously that isn’t the case. So again. I can’t speak to every situation from the other thread. However, I would have to assume there is a different reason people are having difficulty, or at least it isn’t the exact same scenario or we would be having issues.

None of our plug in adapters such as marker or tail light access require cutting or splicing any factory harnesses. They just plug in.

In fact, in these videos. If you read the comments, you can see people who bought the kits and their positive experience.

John

Sponsored
OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
John,

After a quick glance at that Forum, it’s talking mainly about Daytime Running lights and parking lights.

I did have a conversation with someone the other day who wasn’t getting their grille marker lights to flash anymore. After some discussion, he said he used an OBD2 module and the Forscan software to program the DTRL. That is becoming more common. A lot of people are using that freeware and programming features like that. However, if done wrong. There can be problems.
This particular person reset everything and it all worked right again.

John

OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
John,

I missed the part where you mentioned using the headlights bright circuit to trigger/power driving lights.
I hear from several people that ask about doing that actually.
We never put a kit together for that. I generally talk people out of that because you really have no control. There is essentially no way to turn them on without the brights.
It can be complex as well. Here is the main reason using the brights as a trigger for other lights is an issue. It isn’t a simple on/off switch for brights or dims. The brights now are computer controlled. Think about this. The automatic bright dim feature. When you have the headlights/brights set to automatic. When a car drives toward you. The truck turns the brights off. Then when clear, back on. This isn’t a switch. It’s computer controlled. I believe it is based on voltage. Therefore. If you are trying to tap off of a computer controlled wire, you will have problems.
There are certainly other ways to most likely accomplish a similar setup. But personally, I wouldn’t try to tap into the bright circuit.

John

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing this - Do you have a link to the mounts for the rear lights? I didn't see them up close in the video and just wanted to see how they attach and how to order everything needed. Also, do you ship to Canada?

Thanks very much.

OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing this - Do you have a link to the mounts for the rear lights? I didn't see them up close in the video and just wanted to see how they attach and how to order everything needed. Also, do you ship to Canada?

Thanks very much.
Yes. So they mount to a bolt behind the bumper on each side.Our brackets then hang down and you mount the lights to those facing backwards.
If you want them more inward, you can use the inner bolts.

Here is a link to the Bronco kits. There Are many more being added in various combos as well. You will see the SRL version here that was in the video. Also brackets and harnesses.

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...tions[unavailable_products]=last&q=Spv+bronco

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like this.

Someone figure out how to make any additional lighting work with zone lighting. Rock lights, ditch lights, light bars, spot lights, etc.

Sponsored

JD18

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Macan GTS, Bronco Badlands 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great news.

I can’t recommend Specialty Performance Parts enough. I recently was able to purchase and receive a pair of baja design LP6 from them in 2 days. I had been in the supply chain drop ship merry go round process w two other vendors for several months w no product ever received.

SPP is one of the few merchants out there that have many of the tough to find items in inventory in stock and ready to ship. Def check them out.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your product is giving me some warm fuzzies

Finally, I'm not feeling so bad about my dealer screwing me out of the OEM Aux Switches on my order.

I was thinking about retrofiting the Aux Switches but this has got me reconsidering that option.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without a doubt… after reading the OPs explanation of things… when I’m ready to hook up some lights, I’ll definitely be using their products.

Gabe325

Wildtrak
First Name
GABE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would like to introduce ourselves.

At SPV Parts, we believe in producing aftermarket products that don't feel or install like normal aftermarket products. They feel and install like OEM.

For that reason, we developed and filed for patent on the first Plug N Play, buildable wire harness system. With these harnesses, you can install any light, in virtually any configuration, in any vehicle. Including of course the Bronco. These harnesses also easily plug into the vehicle components like parking lights, marker lights, tail lights for reverse or tail light power. No more cutting and splicing. You can get any component or plug in piece you need to accomplish any install.

Here is a quick video on our harness system introduction on the Motor Trend Channel, followed by our SPV Parts Rigid Radiance Fog kit with our SPV parts Strategically designed brackets for the modular bumper. Our mounts also go through hours and hours of prototyping to make sure fit and alignment are the best available.

I will follow up with some more videos soon.

John Trischler
SPVparts
317-93-GO-SPV
spvparts.com

Where can I order these?? I want them.

JD18

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Macan GTS, Bronco Badlands 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great news.

I can’t recommend Specialty Performance Parts enough. I recently was able to purchase and receive a pair of baja design LP6 from them in 2 days. I had been in the supply chain drop ship merry go round process w two other vendors for several months w no product ever received.

SPP is one of the few merchants out there that have many of the tough to find items in inventory in stock and ready to ship. Def check them out.
Here’s how the LP6 look installed. Very happy with outcome.

698E83C8-AD27-4CCD-AC60-D979CC000C25.jpeg
Sponsored