BroncoMike

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 9.23.00 AM.png

2WD? Optional AWD? Its capabilities will be maxed out at dirt roads? Either these people are clueless, or enthusiasts are in for a rude surprise. This description makes it sound like a Camry, I wonder if Ford Corporate knows how poorly this dealership is soft-pedaling their star product. Based on this description, I wouldn't even make a trip to a dealer to look - other than directly to the Jeep dealer.

PNW_Bronco94

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco, 1968 Mustang Fastback, 2018 Focus ST

2WD? Optional AWD? Its capabilities will be maxed out at dirt roads? Either these people are clueless, or enthusiasts are in for a rude surprise. This description makes it sound like a Camry, I wonder if Ford Corporate knows how poorly this dealership is soft-pedaling their star product. Based on this description, I wouldn't even make a trip to a dealer to look - other than directly to the Jeep dealer.
I wouldn't worry. It's just marketing fluff written by people who aren't fluent in the mechanical details.

JimmyDean

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas

I caught that earlier, especially the 2wd w/ AWD option. but that could be a poorly worded way of saying selectable 4wd.

Randy92Fox

First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox

I was also worried when I read optional 4wd. Especially considering the tidbit that it will start higher than Jeep pricewise. Higher for 2WD than a 4x4 Jeep?? Hopefully it's an error.

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
It’s fluff that the web host put into the page until it’s real. I’ve had a Bronco landing page built for a year and haven’t pushed it live on our site. There’s not enough info to justify it yet and all it does in create situations like this.

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
There’s also some SEO work there for broader search terms that will be entered into Google. I could build my page and optimize it to show up in a search for a 2020 Volvo if I wanted to. I’ve set pages out there that pop up like they belong to my competition using paid search and redirect people to my sites. I had a lock on Craigslist years ago that I built with another programmer where we used dormant IP’s to make it look like we were posting out of other regions and our server would top post every two minutes all over other cities. You couldn’t even find other dealer’s ads.

That was some fun stuff before the rules changed.

BroncoMike

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
I agree that it is nothing more than a poorly-informed author (let's hope), but this is a critical facet of marketing that Ford should rule with an iron fist.

Imagine if TFL ran with "New info from those in the know reveals Bronco as a rear-wheel drive platform, and if equipped with optional AWD it will be tough enough to handle challenging conditions up to and including dirt roads!"

BroncoJeremie

First Name
Jeremie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I agree that it is nothing more than a poorly-informed author (let's hope), but this is a critical facet of marketing that Ford should rule with an iron fist.

Imagine if TFL ran with "New info from those in the know reveals Bronco as a rear-wheel drive platform, and if equipped with optional AWD it will be tough enough to handle challenging conditions up to and including dirt roads!"
Shhhhhhh they are listening to us!!!!

Last edited:

aplm7

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015

Agreed, that's really weak language and must be wrong, and agreed that Ford should really crack down on this kinda crap hard. Be more like Apple, and Tesla. Enforce strict standards wow. Nothing like getting a weak reputation before your rugged offroader comes to market....

EvlNvrDys

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Please tell me this dealer has no clue? That'll piss me off if Ford actually produces the Bronco in a rear wheel drive only model. Bronco to best of my knowledge NEVER had a 2 wheel drive version.. And still shouldn't. That'd just be another way to jack up prices on 4 wheel drive.

And back on topic... Seriously NJ? A Porsche? And we wonder why we are the armpit of America smh

Edit: posted this when I first saw above and hadn't read thru yet. Glad to see I'm not the only one annoyed by the thought of a 2wd model.

Last edited: