Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco New Ford Bronco Is Most Anticipated 2020 Vehicle According to Google Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 9.23.00 AM

2WD? Optional AWD? Its capabilities will be maxed out at dirt roads? Either these people are clueless, or enthusiasts are in for a rude surprise. This description makes it sound like a Camry, I wonder if Ford Corporate knows how poorly this dealership is soft-pedaling their star product. Based on this description, I wouldn't even make a trip to a dealer to look - other than directly to the Jeep dealer.
Sponsored

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco New Ford Bronco Is Most Anticipated 2020 Vehicle According to Google Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 9.23.00 AM

2WD? Optional AWD? Its capabilities will be maxed out at dirt roads? Either these people are clueless, or enthusiasts are in for a rude surprise. This description makes it sound like a Camry, I wonder if Ford Corporate knows how poorly this dealership is soft-pedaling their star product. Based on this description, I wouldn't even make a trip to a dealer to look - other than directly to the Jeep dealer.
I wouldn't worry. It's just marketing fluff written by people who aren't fluent in the mechanical details.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I caught that earlier, especially the 2wd w/ AWD option. but that could be a poorly worded way of saying selectable 4wd.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was also worried when I read optional 4wd. Especially considering the tidbit that it will start higher than Jeep pricewise. Higher for 2WD than a 4x4 Jeep?? Hopefully it's an error.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree that it is nothing more than a poorly-informed author (let's hope), but this is a critical facet of marketing that Ford should rule with an iron fist.

Imagine if TFL ran with "New info from those in the know reveals Bronco as a rear-wheel drive platform, and if equipped with optional AWD it will be tough enough to handle challenging conditions up to and including dirt roads!"

Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree that it is nothing more than a poorly-informed author (let's hope), but this is a critical facet of marketing that Ford should rule with an iron fist.

Imagine if TFL ran with "New info from those in the know reveals Bronco as a rear-wheel drive platform, and if equipped with optional AWD it will be tough enough to handle challenging conditions up to and including dirt roads!"
Shhhhhhh they are listening to us!!!!

Last edited:

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed, that's really weak language and must be wrong, and agreed that Ford should really crack down on this kinda crap hard. Be more like Apple, and Tesla. Enforce strict standards wow. Nothing like getting a weak reputation before your rugged offroader comes to market....

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Please tell me this dealer has no clue? That'll piss me off if Ford actually produces the Bronco in a rear wheel drive only model. Bronco to best of my knowledge NEVER had a 2 wheel drive version.. And still shouldn't. That'd just be another way to jack up prices on 4 wheel drive.

And back on topic... Seriously NJ? A Porsche? And we wonder why we are the armpit of America smh

Edit: posted this when I first saw above and hadn't read thru yet. Glad to see I'm not the only one annoyed by the thought of a 2wd model.

Last edited:

Sponsored

darren

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda passport touring 2wd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I find it funny how the south east is looking mostly forward to the Vette. I see so few of those, but Bronco's will likely sell like hotcakes based off of the amount of trucks and jeeps. I think I see more old broncos, EBs and FSBs every day than I do vettes of any era.
FL is third in line for Bronco. There almost literally a corvette in every garage here. We buy everything, except Tesla"s not too many of those on the West Coast.

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala, Buick Enclave, '77 Suzuki GS750
Your Bronco Model
Base
No surprise to us here :)

Most anticipated vehicles for 2020 according to Google Trends:

Ford Bronco (19 states)
Corvette Stingray (13 states)
Land Rover Defender - 6 states
Porsche Taycan (5 states)
Tesla Model Y (3 states)
Rivian R1T (2 states)
Ford Mustang Mach-E (2 states)

Really Idaho? The Mach-E?
Sponsored