Sponsored

New Ford Bronco Near St. Louis: Coming Soon!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Son ever owned one? Jepp gives folks options on the Wrangler and even the Grand Cherokee. Options are good. How may folks buy Civic Type Rs with manual trannies to chase apexes? Hell I used to have a 156hp Oettinger 16v head on my 78 Rabbit with a 5spd and 4 wheel discs back into 1980 for chasing apexes. Or M2CSs? I have hundreds of hours of track time. Active suspension means the shocks, springs, and anti roll bars are all computer controlled and adjust to the road and how the vehicle is being driven in milli seconds. They also dont get confused by suddden changes in the amount of traction. Yeah I dont rock crawl or autox but prefer tun run fast down barely improved roads or across fields. I hate ABS with a passion and miss having an off switch for like on my E30 325i track day car. There are times when ABS is not your friend and spinning a vehicle with ABS is no fun and ABS in deep snow ie more than 6 inches is no fun.

Really redesign the Wrangler to compete with the Bronco when Ford has no history of building a similar vehicle. Does Ford have a diesel engine to power the Bronco? Jeep turbo 4 is better engine than turbo 4 that will go into Bronco. Naturally aspirated V6 in the Jeep does the job and is reliable something that cant be said about Ford's turbo V6s. Might want to put down the bong son. That would be like Lada coming out with a M2CS competitor with no prior experience or Fiat coming out with a badge engineered Alfa to compete with M3/M4. That didnt work out well for Alfa. Alfa tried and failed despite great write ups in the buff mags. Ever go off road son??? No I dont mean parking out in a field to get high. How many pick ups with 6 inch lifts and 40inch mud terrains actually go off road??? I bet you havent taken your current ride to its redline. Ford has no history. Prior success is damn good predictor of future success. Last time the Bronco had any real success was at Baja way before your were a twinkle in your daddy's eye. If Carrol Shelby was still around farting and making chile maybe Bronco could kick Wrangler butt but he aint so Ford has no chance. They have a better chance of putting out a vehicle that will be recalled multiple times in its first year and the dealers wont be able to fix the problem.

Dave Apker
Can I ask the question then - if you're so sure Bronco's an absolute failure because Ford has no idea what they're doing, why are you even here then? I mean clearly you're not buying one because it's a POS with 0 chance of success or being any good.

And I'm legitimately asking, not trying to take a shot.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I ask the question then - if you're so sure Bronco's an absolute failure because Ford has no idea what they're doing, why are you even here then? I mean clearly you're not buying one because it's a POS with 0 chance of success or being any good.

And I'm legitimately asking, not trying to take a shot.
Corporate preventative damage control?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just booked my plane ticket to Sullivan MO for a test drive.
tenor (3).gif
Sponsored