Ford

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wouldn't matter to me though it would be preferd. What I'm looking for is a reliable, rugged , mid size, body on frame, SUV with a manual and diesel option.
Sponsored

FT4DT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2015 Ford Fiesta ST
Although I do love having the removable roof in my 2012 Wrangler Unlimited, it is not the main reason for the purchase. And I don't believe it was the main reason for the demise of the FJ-Cruiser and Xterra. I off-road mine on hard enough trails that having coil sprung solid axles front and rear make a huge difference. With both the FJ and Xterra having independent front suspensions and the Xterra running leaf springs in the rear, I would say those *isssues* were bigger reasons for their demise.

Therefore; I am concerned as to how Ford will address this when sharing a platform with the Global Ranger. Certainly if they build it with a leaf sprung rear and independent front, Ford can probably move a lot of them to Bronco fans if it looks right. Eventually, those sales will dry up, and they will not be able to steal sales from the so called hard core Wrangler off-roaders, and the Bronco will go the way of the FJ and Xterra.

Must have Solid Axles and Coil Springs.. Manual and Automatic Transmissions... And HI/LOW transfer case.. Removable top would be nice though!