Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another indicator that the Bronco could still make a substantial splash in Detroit as most had expected since the Ranger debut at last year's show: Ford seems to have set the debut for the Explorer at a special launch event on Jan 9th. Advancing the timeline mentioned above enough that the press days of the Detroit show could easily accommodate both a F-Series (super duty) stage event, and a separate one for the Bronco (and perhaps other future models).

I can't pin down a formal press release for the Explorer event published by Ford, but a dozen or more auto news outlets all published articles saying the same thing on the same day indicates typical synchronized action for entities who have made agreements with a manufacturer in exchange for that kind of early press access.

Here's when we'll finally get to see the all-new 2020 Ford Explorer
https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...lorer-debuts-january-2019-detroit/2379250002/

Ford Will Reveal the 2020 Explorer in January 2019
https://www.tflcar.com/2018/12/ford-will-reveal-the-2020-explorer-in-january/

Ford's New Truck-like Explorer SUV To Debut Jan. 9 Ahead Of Detroit Auto Show
https://www.forbes.com/sites/doronl...an-9-ahead-of-detroit-auto-show/#713b6c7c1eb1

Report: Expect a Ford Explorer debut ahead of the Detroit auto show
https://autoweek.com/article/detroi...r-debut-ahead-detroit-auto-show#ixzz5aYe2I7pd
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wrote about this in another thread a week or two back, regarding the push back to 2020/21. They had dropped that hint a LONG time ago. Not to mention the sender info (web site title) that pops up in my email is "2020/21 Bronco". I'm not sure how long it has been that way though, I can be quite oblivious at times.

Honestly, I’m getting pretty sick of waiting for a vehicle we know absolutely nothing about. I’ve delayed my next car purchase for some time already, if Ford drops the ball on Detroit, I’m pulling the trigger on something else. 2021??? Pfft.
I'm OK with the waiting game, it only pushes me deeper into the solid financial territory when this thing drops. A few things aligned just right for me in that matter. I was getting real close to having to replace my daily commuter. We were literally days, days! from pulling the pin on a new maxed out Subaru Outback when the initial 2020 Bronco rendition pics lit up the internet and my FB page. I immediately dropped the new OB purchase for a used 2015 that was going for a song. Wife was totally "WTF?" I had permission to buy a really nice new vehicle for me and I stepped away from the deal. I told her the game plan for the new Bronco, if it came to be and she is on board ....it's like it was meant to be.
The moral is, maybe be patient and look for a used whatever that is a really good deal, that way you have a better vehicle drive now and also trade/sell when the Bronco is finally ready. I found it really takes the pressure off. In the past, I found buying when it suits you gives you an advantage during the negotiations. It also has you prepared to jump quickly if a scorching deal pops up, like mine did.

But yeah, I'd really like to see some real life pics. Even a clay model if it was really close to what would be. Or maybe not....lol, it just might make it worse if I knew what was coming was really badass!

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I...Not to mention the sender info (web site title) that pops up in my email is "2020/21 Bronco". I'm not sure how long it has been that way though ...
A few days. Since the Ford marketing team that runs the site was told to change it?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few days. Since the Ford marketing team that runs the site was told to change it?
LOL
Oh my, you're hitting all of my conspiracy theory buttons now!

I agree with that statement. It is fun to scroll down and read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page though.

Bronco6G.com is an independently owned Bronco forum and enthusiast site dedicated to the 6th gen 2020+ Ford Bronco. Bronco6G is not affiliated with Ford, nor is it the official site of the Ford Bronco.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm really hoping we at least get to see more of a teaser of what the Bronco is going to look like. My brain is hurting from trying to decipher what the Bronco is going to actually look like under that tarp.
With the Baby Bronco being revealed and it looking like it was the exact vehicle that was teased under the tarp it makes me believe that the actual Bronco is in fact going to look like what's been teased. Some close up teaser shots or at least some actual facts about it will keep me salivating and continue my bold goal of actually affording it. That's the only silver lining to this delay is that it give me more time to save up.

But yeah, I'd really like to see some real life pics. Even a clay model if it was really close to what would be. Or maybe not....lol, it just might make it worse if I knew what was coming was really badass!
I'm with you on this though. The wait is going to kill me even worse when they do give us more. It'll be like I'm a kid again waiting on Christmas.

Sponsored

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s been two years since Ford announced the Bronco was coming back. If they wait until 2021 to actually sell one, that will have been five full years for a century-old car manufacturer to build it.

I know jack about manufacturing cars, but I bet that even I could have had the Bronco ready in less time.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I agree with that statement. It is fun to scroll down and read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page though.

Bronco6G.com is an independently owned Bronco forum and enthusiast site dedicated to the 6th gen 2020+ Ford Bronco. Bronco6G is not affiliated with Ford, nor is it the official site of the Ford Bronco.
I wouldn't expect them to say anything else.

I'm really hoping we at least get to see more of a teaser of what the Bronco is going to look like. My brain is hurting from trying to decipher what the Bronco is going to actually look like under that tarp.
With the Baby Bronco being revealed and it looking like it was the exact vehicle that was teased under the tarp it makes me believe that the actual Bronco is in fact going to look like what's been teased. Some close up teaser shots or at least some actual facts about it will keep me salivating and continue my bold goal of actually affording it. That's the only silver lining to this delay is that it give me more time to save up.
It’s been two years since Ford announced the Bronco was coming back. If they wait until 2021 to actually sell one, that will have been five full years for a century-old car manufacturer to build it.

I know jack about manufacturing cars, but I bet that even I could have had the Bronco ready in less time.
This is why they need to sprinkle some of the info out there, in Detroit or whatever. There are certainly things that have been settled. A normal vehicle that is simply a redesign of one they have had on the road requires many months of on-road real-world testing, one that is being re-born out of decades old designs will need lots more testing before it is ready -- maybe that translates into a later release date, but it won't substantially change where we're at for the early stages of the process that tell us what it is supposed to look like or be built with. :headbang:

Delays only come after a target or goal has been set, and not met. We don't even know what the goal was in the first place. Beat the competition in some way with a shorter wheelbase, more powerful engine, lighter body, lower cost, more capable suspension, quieter interior -- who knows, we aren't even sure who the competition would be? Maybe we'll find out when the cover is pulled off a Bronco on the stage that has it's front wheel parked on top of a little Wrangler, showing off whatever axle/suspension they finally decide to let us know is supposed to be under there. :rockon:

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Delays only come after a target or goal has been set, and not met. We don't even know what the goal was in the first place.
I’ve been following this, like I’m sure you have, ever since that union leaked that the Bronco was coming back. That was over two years ago now. All along during that time, it was repeated everywhere by everyone that the Bronco would be a 2020 model.

This a goal that was not met. Now, my cynical mind wonders WHY it was not met. Do they have a team of people who don’t really know what they’re doing, or can’t figure it out due to incompetence or inability to work together, whatever, doesn’t really matter, because it’s a flag of concern.

I’ve nearly talked myself completely out of waiting any longer for this phantom Bronco.

The Gladiator looks better each day. At least I have more confidence that Jeep actually knows what they’re doing with the Gladiator.

Just look at the Ranger’s interior. It looks like it was slapped together overnight, cheaply.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm OK with the waiting game, it only pushes me deeper into the solid financial territory when this thing drops. A few things aligned just right for me in that matter.
Yea. Me too.

Just got rid of one divorce expense and got a raise ($300/mo combined more).
That will cover most of a year one lease. See if I really like it before going all in on a year 3 (rev2) model.

The delay just means I get to catch up on other things before I drop cash for a new vehicle.
Until then, I keep the '07 Highlander in shape for when the kids get their license (16 and 12).
They WON'T be driving the Bronco.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Delays only come after a target or goal has been set, and not met. We don't even know what the goal was in the first place.
I’ve been following this, like I’m sure you have, ever since that union leaked that the Bronco was coming back. That was over two years ago now. All along during that time, it was repeated everywhere by everyone that the Bronco would be a 2020 model.

This a goal that was not met. Now, my cynical mind wonders WHY it was not met. ...
One of the things that comes to mind are the claims of the Ford employee from Reddit who said there had been an unusual number of revisions and studies in the design phase of the Bronco. If it took Ford execs longer than usual to decide what a Bronco was supposed to be, or what it was supposed to do for the company/lineup that could have caused a variety of other delays. But if there is any hope of even seeing one by 2020, they ought to know answers to most of the major question points by now.

It could be possible that some feature of the Bronco that other vehicles in the Ford lineup don't have is taking them a long time to "get right" or reevaluate the feasibility of, such as a removable roof, solid axle, disconnecting swaybar, etc. It would seem unlikely that incorporating some common part or feature would cause a delay, and they simply don't appear to be far enough along in testing that anything like a safety or harmonics failure would even be knowable.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t think you fit the consumer profile that Ford is actually building this vehicle for.
Make over $100k, credit score over 800, and will step into a Year 1 Lease. Starts putting money into their pocket.
Other than the 1% who will buy it even if it runs on babies tears, I'm not sure who would better fit their profile.
That is why they are making a 4door and, rumor has it, a hybrid version. Cause most of us who can spend, have kids and real lives.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And I don’t think I’d even want a first version of this Bronco if Ford can’t deliver it on schedule.

For me, I’m thinking maybe bounce this phantom Bronco idea until two (!!!!!!) car purchases down the road when the Bronco isn’t complete shit built by halfwits, hopefully. Sad, very sad, especially considering where this idea started.
The sky is not falling. This isn't even really much of a delay. They kept saying 2020/21. I was half expecting it to not be out until 2021. I would not be surprised if the Bronco is actually ready to go and done being designed. The fact that they are making it a brand of its own or a line up of its own is probably the reason for the delay. We've waited 24 years, I'm not going to freak out now.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nail meet head. I’m just one of those consumers whom doesn’t care to wait five years for a phantom vehicle. I imagine the majority of American consumers are the same.
Considering that it is being designed more or less from scratch, using some parts bin components here and there, a few months or a year delay isn't that big. It is certainly disappointing and annoying for me personally, but in the timeline of vehicle development, not without considerable precedent.

I still don't find anything about this "report" convincing or moving to make me think anything significant has changed. There are half a dozen other vehicles being released by Ford that it doesn't mention, like the GT500 scheduled for Jan 14; and "F-Series" is kind of vague, especially with the known Superduty coming.

Just some more questions, and not really any answers. :headbang:

bigdedition

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 1985 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I waiting for it :)

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are half a dozen other vehicles being released by Ford that it doesn't mention, like the GT500 scheduled for Jan 14; and "F-Series" is kind of vague, especially with the known Superduty coming.
I will be very disappointed in Ford if we do not get some morsel of information at the Detroit Auto Show. I dont expect anything close to what was leaked about the baby Bronco, but Ford has to tell us something.

Come on Ford give us SOMETHING.
Sponsored