Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be very disappointed in Ford if we do not get some morsel of information at the Detroit Auto Show. I dont expect anything close to what was leaked about the baby Bronco, but Ford has to tell us something.

Come on Ford give us SOMETHING.
I expect considerably more than what was leaked about the BB, somewhere in Q1 2019 for the Bronco if not Detroit's NAIS. At the very least, a few official high resolution images, and a handful of details about some of the major unknowns. All we had for the BB were some "leaked" grainy images.

It wouldn't even surprise me if someone squeezes some details out of an interview at the Explorer launch next wednesday. They're both SUVs of a similar size, and are probably going to share some tech or powertrain elements.
Sponsored

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have already made a thread on this, but I have said for years personally, that the Bronco was due in the second half of 2020. The past several months, it slipped into January 2021 launch from what was late Summer 2020 back in 2016-17 manufacturing timelines. Anyone expecting a launch date in 2019 as a 2020 model was kidding themselves. It's always been a 2021 model, but only 5-6 months behind, depending on how quick they can get into showrooms from December 2020 JOB #1.

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have already made a thread on this, but I have said for years personally, that the Bronco was due in the second half of 2020. The past several months, it slipped into January 2021 launch from what was late Summer 2020 back in 2016-17 manufacturing timelines. Anyone expecting a launch date in 2019 as a 2020 model was kidding themselves. It's always been a 2021 model, but only 5-6 months behind, depending on how quick they can get into showrooms from December 2020 JOB #1.
Mentioned several times by Ford as a '2020 Bronco', which typically implies a late '19 release (not always though, I suppose) and in this link, "Coming by 2020" which also implies a late '19 arrival. (https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a32196/new-ford-bronco-official-photos-info/)

Fords own website even says "2020 Bronco"
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/

I don't think people were kidding themselves with what little information was being put out.

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mentioned several times by Ford as a '2020 Bronco', which typically implies a late '19 release (not always though, I suppose) and in this link, "Coming by 2020" which also implies a late '19 arrival. (https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a32196/new-ford-bronco-official-photos-info/)

Fords own website even says "2020 Bronco"
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/

I don't think people were kidding themselves with what little information was being put out.
The keyword is context, as "Coming in 2020" does not directly refer to a model year, but the intended release date. "For 2020" would refer to the model year of 2020.

Management and/or press dept./marketing have never for one day called the Bronco a 2020 model. That mistake has never been made by anyone representing Ford Motor Company, because it's never been valid. In fact, only once recently did Bill Ford, make a similar gaffe in regards to the redesigned F-150 Hybrid, by calling it a 2020 model. In reality the P702 arrives next year as a 2021, just like the Bronco has always been a 2021 model.

The Bronco manufacturing timeline was already laid out 3 years ago with the P375N Ranger and it was listed back then, as July 1, 2020 SOP for U725. I've mentioned this already in another thread. The delays are only a short 5 months so far. Hopefully everything stays on track and doesn't go further into 2021.

As for Road & Track, I have said countless times in some other places, that a lot of the automotive media is unfortunately full of obtuse and lazy writers, that fail at exercising due diligence with thorough research and quality reporting. Once Heinrichs mentioned the date of 2020 at 2017 NAIAS, a lot of people in the media ran with it, wrote their narratives, and started calling it a 2020 model. So just because various media publications ran with that (2020 model), doesn't mean it was ever valid. It is why I signed up here, but all this was too misleading for too long.

I recall very well that as of the 3rd quarter of 2016, U725 production date was already defined and was never going to start before the second half of 2020. The date changed for 7/1/2020 to Fall 2020 early last year, then some months back to 12/2020.

People need to be very careful about what they read in places like Jalopnik, Car and Driver, Road & Track, Auto Spies, Carscoops. Autoblog and whatnot, because the writers are often not up to par and unfamiliar enough with product planning, that they make some of dumbest suggestions and then publish them for public consumption. Utter crap I've seen all this time, so I had to clear up some things, since not many others wanted to.

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, whoever runs Ford's official Twitter page is just posting 'coming by 2020' without approval by someone that knows something?

Not trying to sound argumentative, just trying to understand

Sponsored

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, whoever runs Ford's official Twitter page is just posting 'coming by 2020' without approval by someone that knows something?

Not trying to sound argumentative, just trying to understand
I understand, as it's dead out there with credible information or plain messy.

"Coming by 2020" was accurate in reference to a scheduled late 2020 launch date That's now January 2021. Unless the text "2020 model year" or the reverse is stated, any years listed refer to the actual year of 2020. From what I recall and observe, it has never been mentioned anything regarding 2019.

The major problem was a shift to a new frame, as opposed to the current T6 used by the Ranger, styling changes, and hybrid accommodation, etc. The delay is unpleasant, but it isn't that much. Management should have never let the cat out of the bag so early. An NAIAS 2018 announcement would've done better, but no thanks to UAW negotiations leaking too early in 2016 and then deciding to counter the leak at NAIAS 2017, did this happen.

4Wheeler

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I understand, as it's dead out there with credible information or plain messy.

"Coming by 2020" was accurate in reference to a scheduled late 2020 launch date That's now January 2021. Unless the text "2020 model year" or the reverse is stated, any years listed refer to the actual year of 2020. From what I recall and observe, it has never been mentioned anything regarding 2019.

The major problem was a shift to a new frame, as opposed to the current T6 used by the Ranger, styling changes, and hybrid accommodation, etc. The delay is unpleasant, but it isn't that much. Management should have never let the cat out of the bag so early. An NAIAS 2018 announcement would've done better, but no thanks to UAW negotiations leaking too early in 2016 and then deciding to counter the leak at NAIAS 2017, did this happen.
Do you know when the decision to build the Bronco on the next gen Ranger frame happened? Is the idea to have the Ranger/Bronco always share frame/powertrain etc? Thanks for all your knowledge, it helps make the wait a little easier.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New Ford Bronco Won’t Arrive Until After The Next-Gen F-Series Super Duty
According to Off-Road.com, they’ve uncovered a “product timeline” which reveals the automaker will introduce the 2020 Explorer and then a new version of the F-Series Super Duty. ...
Well, according to this timeline, Bronco should be showing up in the next month or two. Explorer was revealed for the Detroit auto show (January 2019) to go on sale probably Q3 2019, and the new F-Series Super Duty was revealed at Chicago (February 2019) to go on sale probably Q3 2019.

https://www.ford.com/trucks/super-duty/2020/
https://www.chicagoautoshow.com/vehicles-on-display/2020/ford/super-duty/

The next major US show would be ... New York in April? April 19-28 of 2019 ~ 20 months from Jan 2021. The 2019 Bronco Super Celebration is the week before, April 10-13. From the perspective of picking a time of year for outdoor demonstrations etc the April-May time frame seems favorable for a Bronco in general as an outdoorsy adventure vehicle (it works for the Wrangler (and probably Gladiator) in the form of the Easter Jeep Safari), but it would seem premature for the Bronco if they haven't so much as shown a concept image of the thing yet.

It does seem odd to think that we could see "spy" shots of test mules before Ford even bothers to show us concept images or tell us the basic vehicle properties. Unless we're supposed to take the 2004 concept Bronco as the warm up.

By the speeches given, we might have to squeeze the update/refresh for the Escape and Transit in here somewhere first. Don't forget the "Mustang inspired" pipe dream, that's supposed to be in there somewhere too.

I guess as long as I see the Bronco before July I should still have time to figure out if I'd rather have a JL.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check another one off that list, Transit updates for 2020 are out. Including a 2.0 turbo diesel and AWD. (same engine as the AUS Ranger "Raptor" -- I feel sorry for them having that Raptor experience, but it might be good for a work van).

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/03/2020-ford-transit-ranger-raptor-diesel-awd/
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26657959/2020-ford-transit-van-photos-info/

Transit_Cargo_AWD1-1024x683.jpg

With the Escape nearly done testing and showing off its new body panels without camo, it can't be far off either.

Maybe April isn't too far off as a guess for some type of decent Bronco info.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check another one off that list, Transit updates for 2020 are out. ...
With the Escape nearly done testing and showing off its new body panels without camo, it can't be far off either.

Maybe April isn't too far off as a guess for some type of decent Bronco info.
Next stop, Bronco?!

The reveal date for the Escape is set, and its just a few days away, April 2. Nothing left on that new for 2020 list but the new models (unless they meant two different models when he said "F-series").

https://www.tflcar.com/2019/03/2020-ford-escape-teaser-news/

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1122318_2020-ford-escape-to-be-revealed-april-2
Sponsored