Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

https://jalopnik.com/fords-new-ceo-is-cleaning-house-1845238265

Considering how poorly launches have gone, including website failures abounding and poor communications, this isn't much of a surprise. Whether a new crop of white-collars in the C-suites makes any difference in the real world is another question.
Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

https://jalopnik.com/fords-new-ceo-is-cleaning-house-1845238265

Considering how poorly launches have gone, including website failures abounding and poor communications, this isn't much of a surprise. Whether a new crop of white-collars in the C-suites makes any difference in the real world is another question.
It could, in theory, help. The issue with a company such as ford is that there is literally multiples of thousands of white collar employees that are not executives.

To really change how a company of that size operates or their culture is a nearly impossible task.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I talked to a guy at Ford corporate in Dearborn the other day about a report they usually send us that I wasn't receiving. I asked if he had any Bronco info.

Him: "Yeah, I drove one the other day"
Me: "Oh really?! How was it?!"
Him: "Eh, I'm not really much of a car guy"

I think he's working at the wrong place. ?

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s part of the problem. The former ceo who stepped down yesterday came to ford with a background in furniture. The new ceo as of today while he might be the cousin of the late great Chris Farley, he at least had an automotive background

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

"Jeff Lemmer, Ford’s chief information officer, will retire Jan. 1 after 33 years with the company. A successor for Lemmer as CIO, who will lead the Technology and Software platform, will be announced in the near future. "

So maybe we'll get B&P on January 2nd? If they're hiring, I'm a CIO, been with the same company for 37 years now ... just saying, will take Bronco as part of incentive package!

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is normal corporate churn. When a new CEO comes in, one of their first moves is generally to surround themselves with people who are totally on board with whatever direction they are about to take the company. It doesn't always mean a complete replacement of the C suite, but that's often the case.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It could, in theory, help. The issue with a company such as ford is that there is literally multiples of thousands of white collar employees that are not executives.

To really change how a company of that size operates or their culture is a nearly impossible task.
Yeah, changing the culture in a large organization is extremely difficult and time-consuming. Usually one of the most effective ways is to change the people, so this could be good. It depends on how much of a driving force these new hats have been up til now. If they were already deeply a part of the culture, then I wouldn't expect a lot of change. If they were more outliers in the past, then this could help drive a shift in the culture.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s part of the problem. The former ceo who stepped down yesterday came to ford with a background in furniture. The new ceo as of today while he might be the cousin of the late great Chris Farley, he at least had an automotive background

Fact checked........
Here is his actual interview with Ford.

Ford Bronco New Ford CEO Cleans House: Replaces CIO, CFO, and CMO 7044526E-040C-4BF3-B23A-BFD4DF19E463

Sponsored

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Jeff Lemmer, Ford’s chief information officer, will retire Jan. 1 after 33 years with the company. A successor for Lemmer as CIO, who will lead the Technology and Software platform, will be announced in the near future. "

So maybe we'll get B&P on January 2nd? If they're hiring, I'm a CIO, been with the same company for 37 years now ... just saying, will take Bronco as part of incentive package!
We all are planning ahead with our financing. Why cant they at least give us an exact date when the website goes up? This isn't the Obamacare website. Whats the problem?

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really a cleaning house as much as people taking better gigs...and a refocus on Technology.

-- Tim Stone is leaving Oct. 15 to be chief operating officer at an artificial intelligence company. Stone had a short stay at Ford, joining the company from Amazon in April of last year. During Stone’s tenure, the company has struggled in the midst of an $11 billion restructuring plan designed to cut expenses and raise capital for spending on new technology such as autonomous and electric vehicles. Wall Street analysts raised questions about the pace of the restructuring.

From April through June, Ford’s posted better-than-expected results with a $1.12 billion net profit. It was pushed into the black by a $3.5 billion accounting gain on the value of its autonomous vehicle operation. Without that, it would have lost $1.9 billion. (https://www.manufacturing.net/automotive/news/21196248/new-ford-ceo-replaces-cfo)

Ford is focusing on tech, electric and AI......these changes make sense.

quick edit: those people longing for pushrod V8's and big-blocks might want to look to Dodge for archaic tech in the future ;)

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what happens when someone says, "you're not Henry Ford, you're Henry Ford II".
Sponsored