Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...020/08/03/new-fordpass-rewards-visa-card.html

Mike Levine and a few other high up Ford Execs tweeted about this card this morning. A few of the benefits jumped out at me. The 5% back in points on dealership purchases was a big one. It also states special financing through Ford if you have this card. There are still many outstanding questions I have but at first glance this gives me hope for the following...

1. I will have a guaranteed low finance rate through Ford with my Bronco.
2. I can pay off my financing bill with this credit card which would in turn let me turn around and spend the 5% I get back in points towards future payments. (so basically getting 5% off over the term of the vehicle).

Additionally, 3% back in points on gas, auto insurance, tolls, parking and dining is nothing to balk at either. I could also see Ford utilizing this card with special perks on their electric charging station grid in the future.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...020/08/03/new-fordpass-rewards-visa-card.html

Mike Levine and a few other high up Ford Execs tweeted about this card this morning. A few of the benefits jumped out at me. The 5% back in points on dealership purchases was a big one. It also states special financing through Ford if you have this card. There are still many outstanding questions I have but at first glance this gives me hope for the following...

2. I can pay off my financing bill with this credit card which would in turn let me turn around and spend the 5% I get back in points towards future payments. (so basically getting 5% off over the term of the vehicle).

Additionally, 3% back in points on gas, auto insurance, tolls, parking and dining is nothing to balk at either. I could also see Ford utilizing this card with special perks on their electric charging station grid in the future.

Thoughts?
I highly doubt Ford Credit would allow you to use this new Visa to make payments.

Probably meant to be used for parts and service at the dealership. If you service your vehicle at the dealership, this could be worth it.

Outside of that, for me personally, I'll stick with my Chase Sapphire Travel card.

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I highly doubt Ford Credit would allow you to use this new Visa to make payments.

Probably meant to be used for parts and service at the dealership. If you service your vehicle at the dealership, this could be worth it.

Outside of that, for me personally, I'll stick with my Chase Sapphire Travel card.
I have Chase Sapphire Reserve as well. It's a great card. If it is only for servicing then it's a bit of a bust on my end. But let's see what kind of financing rates it could net people and if they do the 5% back in points then they certainly have a winner.

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dunno. Kinda seems like they are just trying to make people think they are losing money by not getting your vehicle serviced by them or buying aftermarket stuff instead of their stuff.
In my experience, a credit card is never the answer.
It could be a good deal if you pay it off and are responsible with it. Maybe.

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dunno. Kinda seems like they are just trying to make people think they are losing money by not getting your vehicle serviced by them or buying aftermarket stuff instead of their stuff.
Absolutely. This is all under the assumption that you are responsible and capable of paying off your bills each month.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Interesting. I'll keep an eye out for more details. I don't really get any of my vehicles serviced through the dealer, but if they offer a better financing rate for the Bronco just for having the card it'll be worth it. They'll have to beat local Credit Unions near me though who usually offer the best rates.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Didn’t see anything about a special financing rate on the Bronco. Looks more like you can apply your $87.33 cash back towards your down payment or something

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thoughts?
Based on the following line, I'd say you can use your rewards points towards the purchase of a vehicle.. as an example, if you use the card for gas, work up say $100 in rewards points, you could then apply those points to one of your payments. I can't see them actually allowing you to earn points by paying off your loan.

Ford Bronco New Ford Visa Credit Card with 5% off Dealership Purchases 1596465726641

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"Other card features include a $100 statement credit¹ when customers spend $3,000 within the first three billing cycles after opening an account, and low-interest financing for six billing cycles on Ford dealership purchases over $499."

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn’t see anything about a special financing rate on the Bronco. Looks more like you can apply your $87.33 cash back towards your down payment or something :LOL:
You might be right. I might be reading that wrong. I'm now wondering if the financing remarks are simply for small purchases that are over a 6 month period.

Sponsored

BaylorBronco

Base
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own: BaseSquatch, FJ Cruiser, Z71 Burb
Your Bronco Model
Base
It shows $200 annual credit for $6,000 in spend. That works out to 3% cash back on top of other perks! Sounds like a pretty good deal if I am reading it right (as long as you keep your spend close to that).

The 5% points for purchase would net you over $2,000 worth of service at Ford. That is almost like free regular dealer maintenance for 100k miles.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yeah it launched in June time frame. I have one coming as I am a current Ford customer and have a stack of points from my 19 F150 purchase. I plan to take advantage of the parts catalog for the Bronco as it offers 0% promotions along with other stuff. Going to use it for all my Ford vehicles going forward and see.

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update from Ford executive. 5% is applied to $3000 worth of a new vehicle purchase. Hopefully they make some additional tweaks to sweeten the deal. Right now the benefits are pretty meh.

Ford Bronco New Ford Visa Credit Card with 5% off Dealership Purchases 894E2280-6BEB-4AC2-BEFC-3D4C38E8CBE1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A credit card can absolutely be the answer in numerous scenarios - especially the one where you pay in full each month. If there's incentive and you can pay your bills with your card (most of mine are set up this way) then why not take advantage of the extras you can accumulate? I've gone on many flights, often when I needed to fly and didn't have extra cash just sitting around for free or next to nothing using my rewards.
Sponsored