Sponsored

New Full size Bronco going to SEMA (one can dream)

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
THIS is hideous.....and boring as hell
Well....it doesn't ooze personality, but much of that would come from the front view. In one of the other threads, supposedly a dealer who'd seen the real thing said THIS was the closest render.

But BORING??? ....surely you're forgetting the chic start-up animation :)

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well....it doesn't ooze personality, but much of that would come from the front view. In one of the other threads, supposedly a dealer who'd seen the real thing said THIS was the closest render.

But BORING??? ....surely you're forgetting the chic start-up animation :)
I just DO NOT see this front on the front of that rendition …..we're gonna be disappointed unless that's the base model ….. :facepalm:

ford-ranger-raptor.jpg

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THIS is hideous.....and boring as hell

untitled.png
Liking just because I seriously never understood the obsession with this render.

Its boring, low quality, low res. Yea it probably looks a lot like the Bronco, from a 100 yards or with beer googles. I have two big gripes with the 6g renders made on our very own forum! The windshield is too raked, and the wheel wells/fenders are not going to be so square or slim. Barring those two things it is far and away the best render out there, and most accurate to my knowledge. We could argue about the details, but at least there is something rendered! And consider the 6g render was made well before a lot of things were confirmed (like removable top and steeper windshield) they did a darn good job imo. That road and track thing could just about be drawn in MS paint lol

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just DO NOT see this front on the front of that rendition …..we're gonna be disappointed unless that's the base model ….. :facepalm:

ford-ranger-raptor.jpg
and I don't care much for that, too much plastic everywhere, and even things that aren't plastic, look plastic. I much prefer the bronco render above for what the bronco should look like. fiarly plain, simple, utilitarian.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This one looks waay too chunky to me. The proportions are just weird. It's like comparing the current Dodge Challenger to the original, the right styling features are there but it looks like it's been eating nothing but chocolate cake in the 40 years between them.

Give me the proportions of the R&T render with some of the styling of the 6G one and I'll be happy.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This one looks waay too chunky to me.
You're preaching to the choir here. I'm not a fan of the 'widebody' look on everything today, Wranglers included. Much prefer the profile of my old S10 Blazer @64.7", or the Gen1 Bronco @68.5", or the 1990's Defender @70.5". But I'm not following how you're judging width on the R&T render, as all I've seen is the profile image.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You're preaching to the choir here. I'm not a fan of the 'widebody' look on everything today, Wranglers included. Much prefer the profile of my old S10 Blazer @64.7", or the Gen1 Bronco @68.5", or the 1990's Defender @70.5". But I'm not following how you're judging width on the R&T render, as all I've seen is the profile image.
I'm not talking width from outside edge to outside edge, I'm mostly talking about how vertically large the front and rear ends are, and how tall it is from the bottom of the truck to the bottom of the window. That whole section is much taller on the 6G render (~2x the size of from bottom of window to roof) than the R&T one (about the same size as bottom of window to roof) and I like the proportions of the R&T one much more. To illustrate my comparison to the challenger:
1970_dodge_challenger-pic-33442.jpg

2019-dodge-challenger-rt-scat-pack-1320-sideview_o-1024x357.jpg

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This one [6g renders] looks waay too chunky to me. The proportions are just weird.
Chrispy.....Show us the Way. Have you seen a render you think comes close???

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chrispy.....Show us the Way. Have you seen a render you think comes close???
From what I have seen, what Jalisurr said is the closest. Unfortunately there will be more beef on any new car (crash safety and all). But I thought it was sleeker than the 6G at least. Again, the R/T is not far off by overall proportions, I just don't like that its such low effort "render" I could draw 2 boxes and 2 circles and yea it would look like the Bronco! The 6g may be off on some of the finer details, but at least they are there. There is hardly anything on the R/T to even look at and say yes or no, aside from a whole lot of no from the lacking detail in general.