First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Alright I’m done arguing about this because clearly nobody is listening. If you guys want to know what this mule is I even got permission from my buddy. The RCSB Raptor? It’s a tester for a possible F-150 tremor type product. That’s it. Not a bronco. Full-size bronco is not happening, has never been part of the plan, and the bronco mule we’ve been seeing around is not the baby bronco it is the actual bronco. Trying to claim I know more than I think I do is being pretty obtuse. We have had confirmation that Ford is going after Jeep, they have stated it is a midsize, it’s being built in the ranger plant, if you have been following this forum AT ALL it is pretty obvious the Bronco is ranger based. And trying to claim that the delay is because they switched platforms is absolutely ridiculous. It’s been a 2021 model year from the beginning, it’s just been delayed from July 2020-December.

If you want good solid info my buddy confirmed that the person who wrote this post works closely if not directly on the bronco and is accurate info. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/u725-2021-my-ford-bronco-information.579/
We understand that you know (or think you know) for a fact that this is not a FSB

What YOU'RE not understanding is that doesn't make the desire for it any lesser. People still want it, and you completely refuse to acknowledge it. So go ahead, tell everyone and their mom that this isn't a FSB. But don't go around thinking that means it will never happen and would have no reason to, because this whole thread is a reason

To be fair, half a page of that is from me, and I don't want a full-size, at all.

Full-size is for superduty tow vehicles...
Are you against a FSB even being an OFFERING? As in a "big brother", so to speak, to the ranger-based bronco? What if the FSB was the only hope at getting the V8 that you're so adamant about (which it IS the only hope)... would you be so opposed to it then? It's just interesting to see someone so strongly opposed to an offering that is still true to the heritage and would offer more expansion to the brand
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you against a FSB even being an OFFERING? As in a "big brother", so to speak, to the ranger-based bronco? ...
No. I just have no personal interest in a full size vehicle for anything but towing/ hauling as a backup.

I do think it is unlikely that this is a Bronco mule, and it is also unlikely that FSB will even reach late stage vetting as a development possibility until the midsize Bronco proves the market and new design principles.

If the smaller units are sales turds they can just smother any possibily of a FSB in the womb without making the development expenditures. If they do very well, we could see a FSB in the next generation F-series, 5ish years later.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
we could see a FSB in the next generation F-series, 5ish years later.
I agree with that any FSB will be down the road now if Ford would just give us the T-6 Bronco

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bodywise, new Ranger is 73.3, 80 bronco was 78 (no mirrors).
I'd guess with flares especially, new bronco will be a bit wider and
good chance even the 2 door bronco will be close to FSB wheelbase.
I don't think the new bronco is going to be that much smaller than
the smallest FSB.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today's "midsize" trucks are not small or compact by any means at 73-74". Most compacts were 66-68, and the EB was 68.5.

I'm hoping the Bronco is a bit slimmer than its Ranger counterpart. It won't take a lot to feel roomier than the Wrangler with a 60" wide body. The 6G Bronco will easily feel more like a FSB by comparison.

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it's fun to speculate about a FSB at all, because all it does is lead to even more misinformation about what the Bronco is going to be. We know it is not currently in the plans, they are not testing a full size Bronco, and Ford has specifically stated the Bronco is based on the ranger. Talking about full-size Bronco is getting away from what this forum is about, the 6th gen Bronco that actually exists. And you say that the "enthusiasts" will buy the "fullsize raptor bronco" when the T6 Bronco is going to be for the enthusiast. There just isn't a niche that the FSB fills that I have seen that justifies Ford creating it, and evidently Ford agrees because they are NOT building one.
Alright Mr Bizzkillington, one thread of speculating isn't going to hurt anything. It's quite fair to say most of us are much more excited about the T6 Bronco we know we are getting. Enthusiast include people that would like a full-size though. I myself would much rather a midsize Bronco but it would be really cool. I think it wouldn't cost Ford all that much to create a "Raptor" Bronco and it would satisfy everyone and build the Bronco name even more. It seems like a win win situation to me but if it's going upset people even talking about it then I'll let it go but that's what this thread was about.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Today's "midsize" trucks are not small or compact by any means at 73-74". Most compacts were 66-68, and the EB was 68.5.

I'm hoping the Bronco is a bit slimmer than its Ranger counterpart. It won't take a lot to feel roomier than the Wrangler with a 60" wide body. The 6G Bronco will easily feel more like a FSB by comparison.
I guess we will see how serious Ford is about a hardcore wheeler.
Just looking on the board here, full of enthusiasts, I get the feel that half
or more on this board even are OK, with a moderately capable rig.

I don't see Ford giving up the more moderate masses to save a couple
inches on the trail. In fact, due to overall length, I'm guessing it grows
a little, to make sure those moderates don't dismiss it due to int space.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
if it's going upset people even talking about it then I'll let it go but that's what this thread was about.
I've been in this thread from the beginning and I've only seen one person get laughingly upset about speculation of a FSB.

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you want good solid info my buddy confirmed that the person who wrote this post works closely if not directly on the bronco and is accurate info. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/u725-2021-my-ford-bronco-information.579/
I feel there is some merit to that post given that he stated the first test models would be out by April, when in reality we were seeing them by February.

• April 2019 are when the first VP1s come off pilot plan, meaning spy shots are coming by May.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel there is some merit to that post given that he stated the first test models would be out by April, when in reality we were seeing them by February.
I was thinking VP1 was the actual production prototype not the mules we’ve been seeing. Hence the dealer meeting in April where the actual prototype was shown off.

Sponsored

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking VP1 was the actual production prototype not the mules we’ve been seeing. Hence the dealer meeting in April where the actual prototype was shown off.
So you are saying people in April 2019 have seen the final design? If so does this information usually leak months later?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So you are saying people in April 2019 have seen the final design? If so does this information usually leak months later?
I thought it was confirmed some did and that is why there was "raving" about how great it was going to be.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond