HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just make it kick ass with a retro look.

The GT500 is well beyond kickass from what we have seen so far. I loved my GT350 but I wanted a faster straight line car so sold the GT350 and bought a 18 GT. I did some mods to my 18 GT that made that sucker fast. Low 11's on corn. It would walk away from a GT350 on the strip.

Anyway, I digress. Ford just give us a kick ass Bronco. I will be ready to pull the trigger on a 2021 GT500 or Bronco. I have a paid for 2011 Screw F-150 4x4 so don't need a off roader but will sell it to get the Bronco. I will keep it if I go with the GT500.
Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By that definition, a Ford Fiesta can be a halo car if someone wants it bad enough :facepalm:

No, that's not how it works. A brand's halo car is the one that showcases future technology and what the company is capable of creating. Personal desire has absolutely nothing to do with it, though halo cars are typically desirable BECAUSE they're so innovative

"A halo vehicle (or halo model) in automobile marketing is one designed and marketed to showcase the talents and resources of the manufacturers and to promote sales of other vehicles within a marque"
- http://wikicars.org/en/Halo_vehicle

" A “halo car” is a car that goes out of its way to push the technology, styling, and performance a brand can offer."
- https://autonationdrive.com/essential-auto-101-what-is-a-halo-car/

So no, the Bronco is absolutely not a halo car. If Bronco becomes it's own brand like some are speculating, then yes, a variant of the Bronco could become a "halo car", but it would need to be its own brand
Let's not let this thread get out of hand like the other one did. To be fair if you apply those quotes to the "Off Road/Bronco" lineup of cars that we have heard Ford is coming out with then the Bronco, in regards to that group, very well be the Halo Vehicle for Ford's off-roading lineup.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Let's not let this thread get out of hand like the other one did. To be fair if you apply those quotes to the "Off Road/Bronco" lineup of cars that we have heard Ford is coming out with then the Bronco, in regards to that group, very well be the Halo Vehicle for Ford's off-roading lineup.
It should be, as even the FSB was the best offroader they had (at the time), or don't use the name.
The Raptor is going to continue to be the halo for high speed offroad, bronco should be the halo for slower speed technical.

OP
OP
Jake_zx2

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is IF Ford has an "off-roading lineup". I don't think the Bronco will represent any vehicle line but itself. Sure, there will be the baby bronco, but I don't think that will be touted as an offroader whatsoever. Bronco also can't represent the whole SUV lineup, because it has nothing to do with the intent of any other SUV but itself. The Bronco is simply not a halo car for Ford, and it never was... it doesn't represent the brand, it doesn't need to be extremely innovative or showcase what the brand can do, it just needs to exist and be good at what it's made for. That's it

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This. Bronco is pretty obviously going to be one of Ford’s halo cars. The only vehicle that had been kept more secret during development is the Ford GT and that is Ford’s halo car for sure. The Bronco nameplate is one of Ford’s best and they’ve waited 25 years to bring it back. That is no mistake.

OP
OP
Jake_zx2

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The only vehicle that had been kept more secret during development is the Ford GT.
You're joking, right? Ford let the cat out of the bag on the Bronco before they even started working on it! We've seen countless mules out and about, know what platform it's based on, know it'll have a hybrid option, know it'll have 2 or 4 door options, know it'll have a removable roof, etc.

Literally NO ONE knew the GT even existed until it debuted. Hell, we knew more concrete information about the Bronco this time last year than we did about the GT500, and they're about to go into production! The bronco isn't being kept secret at all, they've been fairly open with us about it

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“The sky is blue” - Me

“Actually it’s more of a light bluish grey” - Jake_zx2

Some people you just have to agree to disagree with to keep your sanity

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
He's like that over at Mustang6g

OP
OP
Jake_zx2

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Relative to the Ford GT that people here are trying to compare it to?

You'd have to either be a troll or just a pure idiot to actually agree with them

Sponsored

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel there is some merit to that post given that he stated the first test models would be out by April, when in reality we were seeing them by February.
Thanks. Actually, that is misquoting me, but that's fine (no harm, no foul). I had stated May, but I made a typo (w/May) unlike my other posts here and forgot to correct it to add "likely" as I did with the P702.

I said the same for P702 F150 and also disclosed 4/22 as a date for VP1s. Spy shots appeared indeed, so regarding this program it is much different what is going in regards to "spy shots".

I referred strictly to VP1s and not the M1s you are seeing run around. Those have the underbody of the U725, but not the tophat that was signed off with FDJ.

VP1s are the first level of test vehicles wearing the "final shape" or tophat with some production bits not present (ie lighting, etc).

I was thinking VP1 was the actual production prototype not the mules we’ve been seeing. Hence the dealer meeting in April where the actual prototype was shown off.
This is correct, it is an M1 unit. Highest stage of test mule. A few folks are a bit quick to assume these are VP1s though, which is too bad. I recall that was a fiberglass/master model build? And not a steel-bodied prototype?

I commend your excellent contributions to this site, as I'm taking a stepback (currently on vacation in EPTX :() from forum posting.

So you are saying people in April 2019 have seen the final design? If so does this information usually leak months later?
Yes, definitely. I had long ago mentioned that the U725 would first be shown to Ford dealers in the first half of 2019, but that any dealer conference during 2018 would not include it nor the P702 F150, hence the lack of a leak last year.

On rare occasions, some advance internal dealer previews can stretch above 2 model years ahead, but rarely is that the case.

P702 and U725 are extremely sensitive programs as I've said before, but one of them is less so and it's very obvious.

That would be great but where are the camo Bronco's
Very good question, that everyone should read between the lines on. Any stage of prototype can be built, but it doesn't mean the public will be privy to it.

Thank you for sharing this, as this is very accurate about clay and fiberglass models. It takes a certain amount of months to go from clays of FDJ models to metal VP1s for most Ford programs, which for the S550 program took from late November 2012 to May 2013. FAA was Winter 2012. In that case, you saw the first prototypes in May 2013.

As for U725, there are reasons I'm not going to disclose nor suggest, but some of you have touched on why.

This reminds of the "timeline" biz that was mentioned a few months back. Several sites brought this up but it looks like they all go back to an OffRoad.com article back in 12/2018. This article claims that OR got a hold of a Ford reveal timeline that reflects the Explorer being revealed first and the big news was that the new F150 would be reveled before the Bronco. The Explorer was already revealed early this year and it looks like the F150 has been pretty active under camo (looks like it was with the Bronco out in Colorado). Here's a link to the F150 sighting (which has become more well known lately but this particular link is at the same time as the Bronco sightings).

If we go by the timeline, the F150 is next. Wouldn't be a bad idea to consider possible reveal opportunities coming up. I really hope this F150 is reveled this summer to leave some space for a possible Bronco reveal in SEMA or LA auto show. If not a reveal, I'd be happy with a substantial update from Ford.

Here's the Off-Road article about the "timeline".

https://www.off-road.com/blog/2018/12/19/well-see-a-new-f-series-before-we-see-the-new-bronco/
If it helps, the P702 is evolutionary and not a heritage vehicle being resurrected from the dead. Those were first assembled April 22, appearing in May as I also suggested. The VP1s for these are not being held on a leash...

I made a typo, in a post I never edited beyond that day over 6 months ago. My other posts on the U725 stated likely or maybe" because things shift around or decisions can be made well beyond me.

I said the same about the P702, knowing the targets and schedule, I was proven correct. How is that surprising for a less sensitive, evolutionary product program compared to the resurrection of a heritage nameplate?

You are seeing M1s, not the VP1s I referred to in February. I have an idea what's going on with the excessive M1 shots over VP1s, but I did not post on it lately for various reasons.

If you want to dismiss my post based on that simple one line of text (I forgot to correct), then that is your prerogative. But up until that point, there was a hell of a lot of crap information out there on the U725 and I really had no business disclosing some info.

This is why I don't bother posting on such matters, when it becomes a move to attack or discredit a messenger. I am definitely not here to mislead people and leave them confused. I am trying to cover the bases that the media fails to do without exposing too much.

Last edited:

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
@Carmaker1 & @Nickp, as @BroncoMike mentioned above, WE really appreciate all the updates and inside info that is being provided as well as the explanations to the procedures Ford uses during these initial testing phases that only people "on the inside" could explain ie M1s vs VP1s etc...thanks again for keeping the fire burning!!!

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can’t wait till we start seeing the FSB!
Sponsored