First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1980 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And to clarify....base on my last post, a 2021 Bronco based on a 2019 Ranger would probably be the same size or bigger than what is considered to be a 'full size' Bronco from the 1990's.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
My question to everyone here is "What is considered full size these days?"

I ask because of this....A 'full size' Bronco from the 90s was 184″ L x 79″ W x 74″ H based on a Google search....

Dimensions of a 2019 Ranger.....211″ L x 86″ W x 71-72″ H.......
For 1995 comparison a f150 (Regular cab 8 foot bed) ....213″ L x 79″ W
The 2019 ranger dimensions are totally wrong. The 86'' width is from the ranger raptor and it includes the mirrors. In reality it is 72'' wide which is significantly smaller than a FSB. The width is the main dimension that makes a difference in regards to size. Obviously it's going to be tall... it's running 33's.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think Ford is throwing a red herring out there to throw everyone including the competition off.....don't think we will see a full size Bronco but we can dream.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My question to everyone here is "What is considered full size these days?"
At 80" there are some extra regulations (DOT?) that require marker lights and a few other limitations. Most "full size" vehicles ride just under that number. 3/4 tons and the like ride above that with duallies.

The current crop of Rangers, Colorado's, Tacoma's, Wranglers are just a few inches smaller at 70-74", and get called "midsize" because they are definitely not the compact trucks of yesteryear at 60-64".

eta:. The Raptors are an interesting exception, at 85-86" wide they get stuck with those heavy truck requirements, and require marker lights.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you just read my first line and get triggered?

I don't even know how to take your logic here into account. So you're argument for not being ridiculous is that people drive faster now and the high speeds make any car unsafe without modification . . ? This and your Escape example is even more ridiculous and proves my point further.
My point being that SUVs are safer now and can sustain excessive highway speeds.
Does that mean that people should, no. Or that people are stupid and tail gate and cause accidents, of course they do. This doesn't mean that older SUVs were just as safe or unsafe back than. This doesn't mean we can't learn from their mistakes. People have always been shitty drivers and always will be but we have to minimize the risks. The biggest risk for people like us that ( hopefully ) know how to drive these trucks is other drivers and other situations that are out of our control. Making an SUV that minimizes the effects of a rollover and keeps us safer are still true. The fact that the older SUVs were less safe and less stable are still true.
Pretty simple. SUV's are no safer doing 90 now, than they where doing 65-70 in the 80's and 90's,
but that is what did and is happening. You make it sound like it's very few people who drive at
this speed now, but it's commonplace. So yes, the average "safeness" of real world speeds for SUv's
is no better than it was.

Sponsored

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't know if this is worth a separate post but @TheBigKlosowski on Twitter caught the Bronco (assumed) mule out in CO. I think TFL mentioned something about high altitude testing. Is this a thing? I do wonder what this is doing out in CO. Note - this same guy caught what appears to be an F150 too.

Here's the original post:

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Whatever it is it’s fugly. Lol

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't know if this is worth a separate post but @TheBigKlosowski on Twitter caught the Bronco (assumed) mule out in CO. I think TFL mentioned something about high altitude testing. Is this a thing? I do wonder what this is doing out in CO. Note - this same guy caught what appears to be an F150 too.

Here's the original post:
Less ground clearance and less articulation than a Sport Wrangler ... great. That was one thing I noticed about the Wrangler pictured at Ford proving grounds too, it was one of the less capable trims. It seems like they could aim a little higher ...

The TFL article suggests high elevation testing, but that would imply a motor was being tested that wasn't being similarly used already.

CO Bronco twitter1.png

CO Bronco twitter2.png

CO Bronco twitter3.png

CO Bronco twitter4.png

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Less ground clearance and less articulation than a Sport Wrangler ... great. That was one thing I noticed about the Wrangler pictured at Ford proving grounds too, it was one of the less capable trims. It seems like they could aim a little higher ...

The TFL article suggests high elevation testing, but that would imply a motor was being tested that wasn't being similarly used already.
I wouldn't put much stock into the clearance yet as it still has all this ugly body camo trying to cover as much as possible.

It is interesting that it's out in Dillon, Colorado and possibly with an F150. Same engine? :fingerscrossed: Doubtful but maybe they are testing new engines and that is very interesting.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think Ford is throwing a red herring out there to throw everyone including the competition off
Agreed

I really don't think you can put any stock into the test mules running around. When we finally see the real thing in camo then we can really assesse what the Bronco's capabilities will be.

Sponsored

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
UH OH ….. back to this again ? :(

f150-raptor-singlecab-001-1559845832.jpg

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do …..no comparison btwn the top pic and the bottom.....what are they thinking ...
One of them is a Bronco test mule, the other one isn't.

Believe it or not, Ford makes more than one vehicle.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

compare Raptor FSB.png

I don't think this is a new FSB any more than I did the first day I saw it, but there are a bunch of "articles" out there claiming it is. So I'll stir the pot some more and maybe we can help force Ford's hand to clear some things up about what the Bronco is going to be like.
Sponsored