stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, technically I'm not new since I joined last summer, but I haven't posted much. I now have a reservation, and I simply can't stay off this forum, so I might as well introduce myself!

I currently own a 2018 JL Wrangler Sport 4 door that I love most everything about. I originally wanted a 2 door but a 4 door was available on the lot and I decided I didn't want to sacrifice on passenger or cargo room so I bought the 4 door.

However, I am a Ford guy at heart so I was intrigued by the new Bronco. When pricing was announced last year, I balked at it, so I passed up on the opportunity to reserve and then order a Bronco on initial launch and in January. I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger without at least sitting in and driving one. And I didn't think I could afford one either!

I mentioned that I love my Wrangler, which is true. I love everything about it except the seating position. I'm a big dude at 6'3" tall and over 300 pounds and I have a long torso. The Jeep seat does not go back far enough for my size but it's acceptable to me. The bigger problems are the location of the pillar next to my left arm and shoulder, the seat doesn't go down low enough and the window is short or at an angle which blocks my view to things in the air like traffic lights. If I am first or second at a traffic light (and sometimes third, depending on how the light is mounted) I have to bend my neck to the right and down or lean forward and look up to see the traffic light. Very annoying......

When Broncos started appearing at dealers and being delivered a couple weeks ago, I started really researching them. I decided on a white 2 door Badlands, 6 cylinder, automatic trans, Mid package and optional rims with 33 inch KO2s and tow package.

Well, I finally saw and sat in a 2 Door Badlands, Cyber Orange with the optional rims and 33" KO2 tires at a local dealer on Saturday 7-3-21 and I was blown away. It was super comfortable, the pillar was not touching my arm at all and I actually had to scoot the seat forward to be in the most comfortable position! Then I realized that another local dealer had a cyber orange 4 door Badlands and was allowing test rides. I drove it Monday night 7-5-21. I found the seating position to be not as comfortable in the 4 door. The pillar was touching my arm again. I think it's because the 2 door has longer doors than the front door of a 4 door and as a result the pillar is farther back, though that is speculation on my part. It drove very well steering and handling wise. I didn't feel like I was in an off-road capable vehicle at all. However, I did not like the 4 cylinder at all. I am familiar with turbo cars (I've had 3 SHO's and a couple older Ford Turbo'ed cars) so I know you have to keep the revs up/wring them out/stay in a numerically lower gear to stay in the power band that I prefer. However, I don't wanna have to do that! I'm hoping the 6 cylinder 2.7l is more agreeable with me and I assume it will be. The manual transmission was great though. Zero complaints about that.

So here I am, reserved with Stephens Auto Center in WV today 7-8-21 and really regretting my decision to not do it earlier.....

Lewis
Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to the land of patience and acceptance of things we cannot change. Your wait has just begun but we hear at the end of the journey lies an awesome lil truck we like to call Bronco.
Did I mention thereā€™s a wait? Careful, I hear there are some line cutters in here (they like soft tops and small tires)

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to the land of patience and acceptance of things we cannot change. Your wait has just begun but we hear at the end of the journey lies an awesome lil truck we like to call Bronco.
Did I mention thereā€™s a wait? Careful, I hear there are some line cutters in here (they like soft tops and small tires)
Hahahahahaha! Don't I know it. It's gonna be a tough journey. But you can believe I'm envious of everyone who was smart enough/brave enough to jump!

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, technically I'm not new since I joined last summer, but I haven't posted much. I now have a reservation, and I simply can't stay off this forum, so I might as well introduce myself!

I currently own a 2018 JL Wrangler Sport 4 door that I love most everything about. I originally wanted a 2 door but a 4 door was available on the lot and I decided I didn't want to sacrifice on passenger or cargo room so I bought the 4 door.

However, I am a Ford guy at heart so I was intrigued by the new Bronco. When pricing was announced last year, I balked at it, so I passed up on the opportunity to reserve and then order a Bronco on initial launch and in January. I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger without at least sitting in and driving one. And I didn't think I could afford one either!

I mentioned that I love my Wrangler, which is true. I love everything about it except the seating position. I'm a big dude at 6'3" tall and over 300 pounds and I have a long torso. The Jeep seat does not go back far enough for my size but it's acceptable to me. The bigger problems are the location of the pillar next to my left arm and shoulder, the seat doesn't go down low enough and the window is short or at an angle which blocks my view to things in the air like traffic lights. If I am first or second at a traffic light (and sometimes third, depending on how the light is mounted) I have to bend my neck to the right and down or lean forward and look up to see the traffic light. Very annoying......

When Broncos started appearing at dealers and being delivered a couple weeks ago, I started really researching them. I decided on a white 2 door Badlands, 6 cylinder, automatic trans, Mid package and optional rims with 33 inch KO2s and tow package.

Well, I finally saw and sat in a 2 Door Badlands, Cyber Orange with the optional rims and 33" KO2 tires at a local dealer on Saturday 7-3-21 and I was blown away. It was super comfortable, the pillar was not touching my arm at all and I actually had to scoot the seat forward to be in the most comfortable position! Then I realized that another local dealer had a cyber orange 4 door Badlands and was allowing test rides. I drove it Monday night 7-5-21. I found the seating position to be not as comfortable in the 4 door. The pillar was touching my arm again. I think it's because the 2 door has longer doors than the front door of a 4 door and as a result the pillar is farther back, though that is speculation on my part. It drove very well steering and handling wise. I didn't feel like I was in an off-road capable vehicle at all. However, I did not like the 4 cylinder at all. I am familiar with turbo cars (I've had 3 SHO's and a couple older Ford Turbo'ed cars) so I know you have to keep the revs up/wring them out/stay in a numerically lower gear to stay in the power band that I prefer. However, I don't wanna have to do that! I'm hoping the 6 cylinder 2.7l is more agreeable with me and I assume it will be. The manual transmission was great though. Zero complaints about that.

So here I am, reserved with Stephens Auto Center in WV today 7-8-21 and really regretting my decision to not do it earlier.....

Lewis
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your ride soon! I am in a similar situation as you. I was going to buy a Jeep last year, Iā€™ve always wanted one. I was never a fan of Chrysler though an have had many Fords that I have loved. Heck, Iā€™m still driving an ā€˜08 Escape. Decided to hold off on the Jeep and put a reservation in for a Bronco. My son is excited because we will go off-roading and camping together. They knocked the Bronco design and specs out of the park. Two door looks great! Iā€™m doing 4-door because we will take the Bronco on family trips. Black Diamond l, 2.7 Mid, advanced 4x4, soft top (changed from hard top to get my Bronco earlier). Itā€™s good that you have a decent vehicle while you wait for your Bronco. So you will be fine at least having a ride still.
Sponsored