Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello All,
I've been reading some of the posts here regarding ordering process and there are so many old threads and pivots etc...I wanted to ask directly. I have no reservation and I am going into a dealer today to complete my 2022 Build Order. I've never ordered a vehicle before and dealer says I will pay MSRP no Mark-ups. I'm generally ok with that. However, since there are many stories of dealers crawfishing on prices and adding ADM to ordered vehicles, I want to know what I should leave the dealership with today. So I have a couple of questions:
  • What paperwork should I leave the dealership with guaranteeing pricing?
  • If there are dealer shenanigans with price upon delivery how do we document my option to refuse delivery for pricing?
  • How does the delivery refusal work?
  • Some folks are saying get a signed purchase agreement. Wouldn't that doesn't that lock out my ability to refuse delivery?
I'm not to concerned about delivery date gives me more time 10 - 11 months gives me some time to save up money for downpayment and mods! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello All,
I've been reading some of the posts here regarding ordering process and there are so many old threads and pivots etc...I wanted to ask directly. I have no reservation and I am going into a dealer today to complete my 2022 Build Order. I've never ordered a vehicle before and dealer says I will pay MSRP no Mark-ups. I'm generally ok with that. However, since there are many stories of dealers crawfishing on prices and adding ADM to ordered vehicles, I want to know what I should leave the dealership with today. So I have a couple of questions:
  • What paperwork should I leave the dealership with guaranteeing pricing?
  • If there are dealer shenanigans with price upon delivery how do we document my option to refuse delivery for pricing?
  • How does the delivery refusal work?
  • Some folks are saying get a signed purchase agreement. Wouldn't that doesn't that lock out my ability to refuse delivery?
I'm not to concerned about delivery date gives me more time 10 - 11 months gives me some time to save up money for downpayment and mods! Thanks in advance!
After you build it with your dealer ask for a copy of the DORA and ask that you both sign it. You don't need to document a delivery refusal because you are always allowed to walk away. In fact, the automobile actually belongs to the dealer until which time you go in and buy/finance it despite the fact that it is a special order made by you. As far as getting a signed purchase agreement, I didn't do it, but I have a trustworthy dealer. Several people on here have had bad experiences where a dealer jacked up the price on them the day they showed up to buy it and they would tell you that you are crazy not to get a purchase agreement. Some walked away some swallowed the pill. You could push for a purchase agreement, but I feel like sometimes that could hurt you as well as help. Sure as shit a dealer isn't going to do you any favors if you corner them in to a purchase agreement ( at least that's my .02). In life, I am one that believes people are inherently good and therefore I trust them until they give me a reason not to. I would say that if you sit down with someone and you don't get a good feel about that person or the transaction then you either walk and find someone you are comfortable with or push them for something in writing agreeing on a price. Most times ones instincts tells them whether or not they are getting the straight scoop from a trustworthy person. Call me naive. Again, at a minimum, you shouldn't walk out of there without the DORA.

OP
OP

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After you build it with your dealer ask for a copy of the DORA and ask that you both sign it. You don't need to document a delivery refusal because you are always allowed to walk away. In fact, the automobile actually belongs to the dealer until which time you go in and buy/finance it despite the fact that it is a special order made by you. As far as getting a signed purchase agreement, I didn't do it, but I have a trustworthy dealer. Several people on here have had bad experiences where a dealer jacked up the price on them the day they showed up to buy it and they would tell you that you are crazy not to get a purchase agreement. Some walked away some swallowed the pill. You could push for a purchase agreement, but I feel like sometimes that could hurt you as well as help. Sure as shit a dealer isn't going to do you any favors if you corner them in to a purchase agreement ( at least that's my .02). In life, I am one that believes people are inherently good and therefore I trust them until they give me a reason not to. I would say that if you sit down with someone and you don't get a good feel about that person or the transaction then you either walk and find someone you are comfortable with or push them for something in writing agreeing on a price. Most times ones instincts tells them whether or not they are getting the straight scoop from a trustworthy person. Call me naive. Again, at a minimum, you shouldn't walk out of there without the DORA.
Thanks for the advice I'll see how it goes.

OP
OP

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So that went pretty well. I didn't even have to ask for the DORA. I signed it had the sales manager sign it so now I have a DORA in hand. Waiting on acknowledgement email from FMC. I got to test drive a Wild Track while I was there was wondering about how the 2.7L would feel coming from a V8. Really responsive and torquey. I was impressed!

Sponsored

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did they tell you FMC would email you, I haven't received an email and I ordered 10/25?

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did they tell you FMC would email you, I haven't received an email and I ordered 10/25?
Several people have posted here that they got order confirmation emails from Ford.

I'm in the same boat as you though. My dealer supposedly submitted the order over a week ago but I havent gotten an email from Ford and my Reservations & Orders page on ford.com is still showing my reservation, not an order. I'm worried that they possibly didnt get it tied to the correct reservation number. I've asked my sales person to look into but its radio silence as of now :(

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Several people have posted here that they got order confirmation emails from Ford.

I'm in the same boat as you though. My dealer supposedly submitted the order over a week ago but I havent gotten an email from Ford and my Reservations & Orders page on ford.com is still showing my reservation, not an order. I'm worried that they possibly didnt get it tied to the correct reservation number. I've asked my sales person to look into but its radio silence as of now :(
I placed an order through my dealer last month, no email nor reservation shows anyplace. I confirmed by order today using the chat feature on the Ford website.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took three weeks for me to get my e-mail.

Sponsored

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I placed an order through my dealer last month, no email nor reservation shows anyplace. I confirmed by order today using the chat feature on the Ford website.
Maybe I'll try that next. I called Ford customer support earlier and they werent any help at all.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had done the Chat help last week and they couldn't find my order, I just did it again and they see it now. Not sure what takes so long for Ford to see them, chat said I won't get anything until I have a VIN.

OP
OP

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealership and FMC forwarded my FMC Order acknowledgement this am. This was for an MY22 order not a converted 21 reservation.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mostly, work with a smaller dealer that you can trust. So many bad ones out there.....there are some big ones that are good. Even Granger is pretty small....I went a half hour into the country to find mine.

OP
OP

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just received the VIN and Build date email for the January 2022 production run. Didn't expect that today. o_O
Sponsored

Last edited: