First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello , new guy here. just trying to learn my way through the forums. It appears waiting with no information is part of the game. My dealer seems to have no direct answers for me, is that truly common among y'all? I ordered an Outer Banks 4door in April and I know that is not long compared to what I've read, but how do you get any type of information as to when its being VIN or scheduled for production beside an email from Ford eventually? Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciate.

Michael
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
welcome aboard and, sadly, no, you will get nothing until a few days before Ford decides to make a Bronco for you.

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

around this time next year you may get an email from Ford that you have a VIN, unless basic OB with no mic

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I pray you are joking, I was truly hoping for September 2022..
you ordered April 2022, there are thousands that have reservations from July 2020 still waiting

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP

H-Town

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes I know. dealer was able to change name. I believe they order under different names so they can get them on their lots , for an up sale

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I know. dealer was able to change name. I believe they order under different names so they can get them on their lots , for an up sale
They don't order under different names. They are stealing other people's orders and selling the broncos to people that can afford to pay more for them

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don't order under different names. They are stealing other people's orders and selling the broncos to people that can afford to pay more for them
Lol, that's a pretty hefty allegation. While I agree they can't change names on an existing order it is more likely that the dealership had orders they were supposed to cancel and changed them to the OP's spec instead.

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’ll get very little sympathy here….Aug 2, 2020 reservation, Feb 2021 order, Oct 2021 reorder….no word on mine still.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're a walk in order and have something besides a bare bones base model with soft top selected you better add about a year to that. There are still many 7/13-7-14/2020 reservations that have no vins. If you want something fast either pay ADM or but a different vehicle be ause you'll be waiting on an equipped Bronco for a LONG time.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol, that's a pretty hefty allegation. While I agree they can't change names on an existing order it is more likely that the dealership had orders they were supposed to cancel and changed them to the OP's spec instead.
I am sure it is a mix of the two, if you do even a cursory search on here and read some threads, there are quite a few members claiming directly that the dealers sold reservation linked Bronco's out from under them while still telling them they had not received them yet. Similar stories abound with dealers reneging on MSRP deals to add large amounts of ADM, at which point many folks refused to pay and the dealer sold it to someone who would pay. (Not exactly 'cancelling' an order now, is it?)

The dealers are very used to a system (and although Ford promised this reservation deal was different, it was quickly and quietly changed to the old system after the vast majority of reservations were taken) where they own the allocations and can sell to anyone, and not give a damn about who actually ordered it. Ford will back off on this name match for the non-electrics, quietly and behind the scenes, they have done it before and they will do it again.
Sponsored