Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hi all!

I got the pleasure this past weekend to attend the Bronco Off-Roadeo in New Hampshire. I'll try to keep this short and sweet, if you get the chance to attend one of these events, do it. It was such a fantastic hands-on way to really get a good feel for the vehicle and what the Bronco is capable of.

I have no off-roading experience at all, I have driven small 2 door hondas my whole life, so this was pretty much my first time driving a vehicle off-road. While a bit daunting at times, I was incredibly impressed by how the stock Bronco handled some extreme conditions. Definitely made me more excited than ever to get one of these in the driveway.

A few notes!
- All vehicles at this event had the 2.7 engine, and (obviously) automatics.
- Every vehicle besides the one I drove had the sasquatch package. I definitely was struggling more than the other drivers since I had the stock 33" badlands A/T tires, though I was also the last person behind the other Broncos, so the trails were getting beat up before I reached them.
- The Marine grade vinyl seats were incredibly comfortable, very happy about that.
- The difference the locking differentials made in certain situations with a touch of a button was simply incredible. Super impressed with how easy it was to use.
- Trail turn assist was awesome.
- I drove both the 4 door and 2 door, and honestly the 4 door didnt feel as big as I feared it would coming from a small car owner. I have a 2 door on order, but the 4 door was just as easy and smooth to drive as the 2 door.

All in all, the staff at the event truly were incredible in helping you guide your way around the trails. Had a total of nearly 6 hours of driving behind the wheel of a Bronco, which was much longer than I initially anticipated. While I may not always be rock climbing or going off-roading too often to the extent the Off-Roadeo provided, it gave me great joy in learning the features of the Bronco and giving me total confidence that the Bronco can handle daring trails and situations. I couldn't be happier from this experience.

Alright, enough of the chit chat, now with some photos (y)

Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1528

Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1553
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1525
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1522
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1541
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1586
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1592
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1608
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1623
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1624
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1626
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1629
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1632
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1637
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1645
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1655
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1680
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1659

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg
Sponsored

Apex_Chaser

Outer Banks
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for the great write up! We just booked our Off-Rodeo in New Hampshire for October 28th. Did you stay at the Steele lodge? Still trying to decide.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi all!

I got the pleasure this past weekend to attend the Bronco Off-Roadeo in New Hampshire. I'll try to keep this short and sweet, if you get the chance to attend one of these events, do it. It was such a fantastic hands-on way to really get a good feel for the vehicle and what the Bronco is capable of.

I have no off-roading experience at all, I have driven small 2 door hondas my whole life, so this was pretty much my first time driving a vehicle off-road. While a bit daunting at times, I was incredibly impressed by how the stock Bronco handled some extreme conditions. Definitely made me more excited than ever to get one of these in the driveway.

A few notes!
- All vehicles at this event had the 2.7 engine, and (obviously) automatics.
- Every vehicle besides the one I drove had the sasquatch package. I definitely was struggling more than the other drivers since I had the stock 33" badlands A/T tires, though I was also the last person behind the other Broncos, so the trails were getting beat up before I reached them.
- The Marine grade vinyl seats were incredibly comfortable, very happy about that.
- The difference the locking differentials made in certain situations with a touch of a button was simply incredible. Super impressed with how easy it was to use.
- Trail turn assist was awesome.
- I drove both the 4 door and 2 door, and honestly the 4 door didnt feel as big as I feared it would coming from a small car owner. I have a 2 door on order, but the 4 door was just as easy and smooth to drive as the 2 door.

All in all, the staff at the event truly were incredible in helping you guide your way around the trails. Had a total of nearly 6 hours of driving behind the wheel of a Bronco, which was much longer than I initially anticipated. While I may not always be rock climbing or going off-roading too often to the extent the Off-Roadeo provided, it gave me great joy in learning the features of the Bronco and giving me total confidence that the Bronco can handle daring trails and situations. I couldn't be happier from this experience.

Alright, enough of the chit chat, now with some photos (y)

Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience IMG_1688

Great review and photos! I did want to ask where you stayed and if it was easily accessible by car and a good choice.

Also, wondered about the insurance options ($75 if I remember). Did I read right that the insurance limits your liability to $3500? If so, that's an extreme deductible! And are you on the hook for any damage while your are driving without the insurance? Like up to and including replacement value of the Bronco? I would have thought that Ford would take on that risk since they fully control everything. Figured it would be part of the cost of promoting the Bronco. Please explain, if you can. Thank you.

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Great review and photos! I did want to ask where you stayed and if it was easily accessible by car and a good choice.

Also, wondered about the insurance options ($75 if I remember). Did I read right that the insurance limits your liability to $3500? If so, that's an extreme deductible! And are you on the hook for any damage while your are driving without the insurance? Like up to and including replacement value of the Bronco? I would have thought that Ford would take on that risk since they fully control everything. Figured it would be part of the cost of promoting the Bronco. Please explain, if you can. Thank you.
In short yes. Pay 75 and if you wreck it you only pay up to 3500 in damages. I will say after going to New Hampshire off-roadeo that is is probably the ONLY one I'd pay to be safe, its very tight trails and for the most part you really don't need it but I played it safe anyway.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First off, excellent summary @Broncie of your experience and superb pictures.

Yes, @tjnoffy the answer to your question as details by @Abramsman1 is my understanding as well. Documented below is the reason why I chose the insurance. It might be helpful.

I attended Off-Roadeo NH in August and I chose the $75.00 insurance. It was the first time for me to drive off road. Living in NH, I knew the type of trails I might encounter. They are tight and full of rocks and trees with steep inclines and declines. Although I tend to be risk adverse, I wanted to push myself and the Bronco while using all the off-road technology. My only “close encounter” with vehicle damage was the passenger side rear view mirror as I came very close to a tree during a tight turn.

In retrospect, I probably did not need the insurance. However, it was worth every penny to me in removing any hesitation for pushing myself. In that way, it was a wise choice. When all is said and done, know thyself and your goals then make wise decisions.

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call your insurance company before you go. If you have comprehensive covereage it might be covered. Also, the credit card that you pay with likely has rental coverage, which might cover this as well. Since it's off-road driving neither of those may apply. I assumed it did, and declined the insurance.

I actually didn't know that you still had a $3500 deductible WITH the insurance.
We did the Moab off-roadeo, and there is simply no way that you'd incur $3500 in damages. So there is no way that I'd pay the $75.

SCADABronx

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC100, Gen2 Pilot, MX P100D, Gen1 MDX, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was riding with one of the trail guides this past weekend (9/11), and he said no one has caused any damage to vehicles yet. Most of the trucks had curb rash on the wheels all around and skid plate scrapes, but that is not considered damage you are responsible for. I will say I find it very unlikely on these trails that you would end up damaging a body panel, though not impossible as you do take some tight turns next to trees. You are in 4WD Low the whole time and it is all very slow and controlled. The trail guides / staff seemed most concerned about us applying the parking brake while the vehicle is stationary on a steep incline within a few feet of the other Broncos. I think I heard the parking brake engage and disengage automatically quite a bit, but I pulled the lever just to be sure.

Last edited:

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
- Every vehicle besides the one I drove had the sasquatch package. I definitely was struggling more than the other drivers since I had the stock 33" badlands A/T tires,

They didn’t use the vehicles in the photo. The front row has 5 Broncos with 33 inch tires.

32C10F36-D00C-430E-A902-DE3EB32AA222.png

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

- Every vehicle besides the one I drove had the sasquatch package. I definitely was struggling more than the other drivers since I had the stock 33" badlands A/T tires,

They didn’t use the vehicles in the photo. The front row has 5 Broncos with 33 inch tires.
I was there on 9/11. There were quite a few vehicles on 33's including the one I was driving. I'd say overall it was close to a 50/50 split with squatched vs non-squatched. I got a Badlands with the mid or standard package which was disappointing since I wanted to test out the cameras and see what they look like on the big screen.

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully they can wrangle a few Manual broncos there for my trip. Would love to be able to do the off roadeo in a 2 door badmansquatch!

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First off, excellent summary @Broncie of your experience and superb pictures.

Yes, @tjnoffy the answer to your question as details by @Abramsman1 is my understanding as well. Documented below is the reason why I chose the insurance. It might be helpful.

I attended Off-Roadeo NH in August and I chose the $75.00 insurance. It was the first time for me to drive off road. Living in NH, I knew the type of trails I might encounter. They are tight and full of rocks and trees with steep inclines and declines. Although I tend to be risk adverse, I wanted to push myself and the Bronco while using all the off-road technology. My only “close encounter” with vehicle damage was the passenger side rear view mirror as I came very close to a tree during a tight turn.

In retrospect, I probably did not need the insurance. However, it was worth every penny to me in removing any hesitation for pushing myself. In that way, it was a wise choice. When all is said and done, know thyself and your goals then make wise decisions.
I agree, the insurance is definitely worth the peace of mind. I was there on 9/11 and it had rained the day before. I was really glad I got the insurance, even though I didn't hit anything ( except some rocks on the frame ), because we were slipping all over the place. There were multiple times where the Bronco in front of me slid sideways and was inches from a tree. That also happened to me a few times. You never know what conditions you're going to go up against and what the trail condition will be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncie

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thank you for the great write up! We just booked our Off-Rodeo in New Hampshire for October 28th. Did you stay at the Steele lodge? Still trying to decide.
What hotel did you stay at?

I actually wound up staying at Mill Falls at the Lake in Meredith, NH. Not one of the sponsored lodging areas, but this area had some more restaurants and shops and such since I was staying for a few days. It was a nice little area with a straight forward 20 minute-ish drive to the off-roadeo location at Gunstock Mountain Resort.

I was honestly very glad I bought the $75 insurance (yes that still means you're liable for up to $3500 though for damage). There were some pretty tight areas in the trails, and with my disadvantage of being the last one on the trail without sasquatch tires, there were a few moments where my vehicle was literally within an inch of hitting a tree (I also have no experience off-roading). Depending on how much rainfall the area gets as well, the trails can become soft and slippery and harder to navigate. While I didn't wind up causing any damage to the vehicle, I was more calm knowing I was mostly covered.

Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience 32C10F36-D00C-430E-A902-DE3EB32AA222
That is correct! Thanks for pointing that out. There were probably around 30 Broncos on the property, but the staff only prepared a handful of them for us for the day's experience, so selection was a little limited.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call your insurance company before you go. If you have comprehensive covereage it might be covered. Also, the credit card that you pay with likely has rental coverage, which might cover this as well. Since it's off-road driving neither of those may apply. I assumed it did, and declined the insurance.
I knew that personal insurance covered rental cars but didnt even think about it for this. Feel like I just wasted $75 cause my deductible is less than $3.5k obviously.

Thekev87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Going this saturday the 18th...only thing I'm currently trying to figure out is do you tip your instructor/guide? I know when I go fishing I typically tip my guide but not sure how to approach this one
Sponsored