Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Going this saturday the 18th...only thing I'm currently trying to figure out is do you tip your instructor/guide? I know when I go fishing I typically tip my guide but not sure how to approach this one
Thread on that very topic here.
Sponsored

Thekev87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thread on that very topic here.
Yeah didn't get a definitive answer from that thread at all which is why I asked here, plus this is specific to the offroadeo I'm attending

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah didn't get a definitive answer from that thread at all which is why I asked here, plus this is specific to the offroadeo I'm attending
I read the responses and took away that tipping is not expected/required, but if you press them to accept a tip they may. Some participants have tipped. YMMV.

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi all!

I got the pleasure this past weekend to attend the Bronco Off-Roadeo in New Hampshire. I'll try to keep this short and sweet, if you get the chance to attend one of these events, do it. It was such a fantastic hands-on way to really get a good feel for the vehicle and what the Bronco is capable of.

I have no off-roading experience at all, I have driven small 2 door hondas my whole life, so this was pretty much my first time driving a vehicle off-road. While a bit daunting at times, I was incredibly impressed by how the stock Bronco handled some extreme conditions. Definitely made me more excited than ever to get one of these in the driveway.

A few notes!
- All vehicles at this event had the 2.7 engine, and (obviously) automatics.
- Every vehicle besides the one I drove had the sasquatch package. I definitely was struggling more than the other drivers since I had the stock 33" badlands A/T tires, though I was also the last person behind the other Broncos, so the trails were getting beat up before I reached them.
- The Marine grade vinyl seats were incredibly comfortable, very happy about that.
- The difference the locking differentials made in certain situations with a touch of a button was simply incredible. Super impressed with how easy it was to use.
- Trail turn assist was awesome.
- I drove both the 4 door and 2 door, and honestly the 4 door didnt feel as big as I feared it would coming from a small car owner. I have a 2 door on order, but the 4 door was just as easy and smooth to drive as the 2 door.

All in all, the staff at the event truly were incredible in helping you guide your way around the trails. Had a total of nearly 6 hours of driving behind the wheel of a Bronco, which was much longer than I initially anticipated. While I may not always be rock climbing or going off-roading too often to the extent the Off-Roadeo provided, it gave me great joy in learning the features of the Bronco and giving me total confidence that the Bronco can handle daring trails and situations. I couldn't be happier from this experience.

Alright, enough of the chit chat, now with some photos (y)

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg
IMG_1525.jpg
IMG_1522.jpg
IMG_1541.jpg
IMG_1586.jpg
IMG_1592.jpg
IMG_1608.jpg
IMG_1623.jpg
IMG_1624.jpg
IMG_1626.jpg
IMG_1629.jpg
IMG_1632.jpg
IMG_1637.jpg
IMG_1645.jpg
IMG_1655.jpg
IMG_1680.jpg
IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg
Thanks for sharing. My wife and I are very excited, we are going up in 2 weeks. I may have my Bronco by then, but we likely will not make it's first road trip be the drive from FL to NH.

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi all!

I got the pleasure this past weekend to attend the Bronco Off-Roadeo in New Hampshire. I'll try to keep this short and sweet, if you get the chance to attend one of these events, do it. It was such a fantastic hands-on way to really get a good feel for the vehicle and what the Bronco is capable of.

I have no off-roading experience at all, I have driven small 2 door hondas my whole life, so this was pretty much my first time driving a vehicle off-road. While a bit daunting at times, I was incredibly impressed by how the stock Bronco handled some extreme conditions. Definitely made me more excited than ever to get one of these in the driveway.

A few notes!
- All vehicles at this event had the 2.7 engine, and (obviously) automatics.
- Every vehicle besides the one I drove had the sasquatch package. I definitely was struggling more than the other drivers since I had the stock 33" badlands A/T tires, though I was also the last person behind the other Broncos, so the trails were getting beat up before I reached them.
- The Marine grade vinyl seats were incredibly comfortable, very happy about that.
- The difference the locking differentials made in certain situations with a touch of a button was simply incredible. Super impressed with how easy it was to use.
- Trail turn assist was awesome.
- I drove both the 4 door and 2 door, and honestly the 4 door didnt feel as big as I feared it would coming from a small car owner. I have a 2 door on order, but the 4 door was just as easy and smooth to drive as the 2 door.

All in all, the staff at the event truly were incredible in helping you guide your way around the trails. Had a total of nearly 6 hours of driving behind the wheel of a Bronco, which was much longer than I initially anticipated. While I may not always be rock climbing or going off-roading too often to the extent the Off-Roadeo provided, it gave me great joy in learning the features of the Bronco and giving me total confidence that the Bronco can handle daring trails and situations. I couldn't be happier from this experience.

Alright, enough of the chit chat, now with some photos (y)

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg
IMG_1525.jpg
IMG_1522.jpg
IMG_1541.jpg
IMG_1586.jpg
IMG_1592.jpg
IMG_1608.jpg
IMG_1623.jpg
IMG_1624.jpg
IMG_1626.jpg
IMG_1629.jpg
IMG_1632.jpg
IMG_1637.jpg
IMG_1645.jpg
IMG_1655.jpg
IMG_1680.jpg
IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg
Thanks for sharing. My wife and I are very excited, we are going up in 2 weeks. I may have my Bronco by then, but we likely will not make it's first road trip be the drive from FL to NH.

Sponsored

ProudestMonkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is correct! Thanks for pointing that out. There were probably around 30 Broncos on the property, but the staff only prepared a handful of them for us for the day's experience, so selection was a little limited.
That's what I heard as well. I believe there are actually 32, and all of them will be in use on a Saturday later this month (according to one of the guides).

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Little bummed about the insurance. It's worthless unless you do $3,500 in damages, and you may as well use your own insurance at that point.

Also a bit surprised at how shallow the available rides are. No 2 doors. No 4 cylinders. No stick shifts. Only a few with non sasq tires. Half the reason I am going up there is to finalize my order. I am trying to decide between BD and Badlands with or without sasq.

That aside I am really looking forward to going. I'll be there next Friday Sept 24th.

How much are you getting out and walking the trails? Should I wear boots and jeans or what?

~Mike

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully they can wrangle a few Manual broncos there for my trip. Would love to be able to do the off roadeo in a 2 door badmansquatch!
They pulled all manuals from the Off-Roadeos (at least, from the NH one) because clutches were getting burned up. Only automatics moving forward, at least that's what one of the guides said when I was there Labor Day weekend.

mjbk12

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info. Little bummed about the insurance. It's worthless unless you do $3,500 in damages, and you may as well use your own insurance at that point.

Also a bit surprised at how shallow the available rides are. No 2 doors. No 4 cylinders. No stick shifts. Only a few with non sasq tires. Half the reason I am going up there is to finalize my order. I am trying to decide between BD and Badlands with or without sasq.

That aside I am really looking forward to going. I'll be there next Friday Sept 24th.

How much are you getting out and walking the trails? Should I wear boots and jeans or what?

~Mike
You definitely should wear boots and jeans, hiking boots. As you will get out of the Bronco and look over the terrain and be "trained" in situations. Everyone has a different opinion on insurance, I never take the additional insurance as my rider on my insurance policy covers me. But Ill say this, as long as you follow their instructions there is little chance you will do any major damage to one of the Broncos. I understand the dilemma on Sasquatch and the different models. But when i ordered i decided to let my age disway me from going with the taller sasquatch package and i stayed with the Badlands standard 33 inch tires. I specifically sought out the only non squatched vehicle at the New Hampshire rodeo the day i was there. I did that to determine if i was going to be disappointed in the stance and the handling. I found that for what i will use the vehicle for I am fine without sasquatch. I also went with the Badlands model for my order only because Ive always purchased a vehcile with as many options as I can afford. Each Bronco is as capable offroad as the next model, the only thing that i think you get as you increase the models is the ability for the vehcile to do more things automatically for you, ie the GOAT modes and on the badlands the auto stability control disconnect. Enjoy your time at the Rodeo.

projectrally

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 RF / Factory Five 818 / 2018 CX-5 GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was there last weekend, too. Saturday for the 8:30 group. similar experience level to you, and I had an equally enjoyable time. Nice photos. I took my R5 to take photos, but I was having so much fun I barely turned it on...

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They pulled all manuals from the Off-Roadeos (at least, from the NH one) because clutches were getting burned up. Only automatics moving forward, at least that's what one of the guides said when I was there Labor Day weekend.
Damnit. they must have had a lot of drivers that didnt know how to baby the clutch the right way for the slow speed stop and go.

ShoresyLFOD

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to the NH Off-Roadeo last week and they had a couple of two doors available, one was a BaseSquatch and the other was a non-squatched badlands.

Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience 3D13C461-E71B-4134-B3FB-BCD6AD73EAF7
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience 36B1A8BC-61BE-4AD9-BFD3-77B210F5D6B5

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience D0580E61-FFE9-466F-A464-01F4B7BE5E59
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience 2B308D90-DEB8-4662-A2C9-30D3F2C8A41A
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience 116051CE-8056-4325-9AD4-63574423C73E
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience D0580E61-FFE9-466F-A464-01F4B7BE5E59

I was in Moab it was awesom!

Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience 2B308D90-DEB8-4662-A2C9-30D3F2C8A41A
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo Newbie Experience 116051CE-8056-4325-9AD4-63574423C73E

Kelleymarie212

Big Bend
First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was riding with one of the trail guides this past weekend (9/11), and he said no one has caused any damage to vehicles yet. Most of the trucks had curb rash on the wheels all around and skid plate scrapes, but that is not considered damage you are responsible for. I will say I find it very unlikely on these trails that you would end up damaging a body panel, though not impossible as you do take some tight turns next to trees. You are in 4WD Low the whole time and it is all very slow and controlled. The trail guides / staff seemed most concerned about us applying the parking brake while the vehicle is stationary on a steep incline within a few feet of the other Broncos. I think I heard the parking brake engage and disengage automatically quite a bit, but I pulled the lever just to be sure.
We drove the red wildtrak back on Labor Day weekend and an acorn put a dent in our hood😬

mattm54

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Could you post the itinerary you received? Trying to see how close it matches the sample itineraries? We go Oct 2 and they said the itineraries are shared a couple days before...
Sponsored