John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC100, Gen2 Pilot, MX P100D, Gen1 MDX, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those wondering about rig selection, here's a photo from the chair lift ride to lunch. One white 2-door. The other hard top is a Wildtrak. Sas package were a bit more than 1/2. 12" screens were also hard to come by. No manuals as was pointed out. Best rigs went to the early birds out of the ORX course (not me). There was a 9:30 group with 3 more Broncos not shown here plus others on display around the base lodge. Not sure what that small and later group was about. Anyone know?
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo - What to Expect PXL_20210911_162730537
Sponsored

Last edited:

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those wondering about rig selection, here's a photo from the chair lift ride to lunch. One white 2-door. The other hard top is a Wildtrak. Sas package were a bit less than 1/2. 12" screens were also hard to come by. No manuals as was pointed out. Best rigs went to the early birds out of the ORX course (not me). There was a 9:30 group with 3 more Broncos not shown here plus others on display around the base lodge. Not sure what that small and later group was about. Anyone know?
Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo - What to Expect PXL_20210911_162730537
The day I was at NH the 9:30 group were a few VIPs but I don't know who they were.

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Headed to NH, Ginstock Off-Roadeo, on October 13. Staying at Steele Resort. Hope it’s a nice place and thee foliage is on fire!
I will be having two of my “Life’s List” items at the same time! Driving the new Bronco & New England in the Fall!

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have little off-road experience, this is a great place to go and the woods are going to look great this fall. I had a great time

Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Headed to NH, Ginstock Off-Roadeo, on October 13. Staying at Steele Resort. Hope it’s a nice place and thee foliage is on fire!
I will be having two of my “Life’s List” items at the same time! Driving the new Bronco & New England in the Fall!
Leafer!

Just kidding! Yes, living in north central MA, I can attest that the foliage is awesome!
You're gonna love both of your Life's List items!

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have little off-road experience, this is a great place to go and the woods are going to look great this fall. I had a great time
You will love it! Steele resort is a bit in need of a remodel but I really liked it as well.

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Leafer!

Just kidding! Yes, living in north central MA, I can attest that the foliage is awesome!
You're gonna love both of your Life's List items!
I AM a Leafer! 🤣😝
And super excited to see them!

We are coming from NW WA, upper left USA! The terrain should be similar there to what we will be driving at home.

MooreNC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU , 2017 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I attended NH off Roadeo Sunday 10/10.
As already reported here in this thread, great fall colors, awesome experience all around. Our group of 8 Broncos was lead by Evan, he was very knowledge and never did we feel rushed.
8:30 briefing on point as scheduled and we finished the trails at 5:30pm.
Throughout the day the briefings as you group approaches different challenges and obstacles were great.
The initial briefing explaining the functions of the Bronco were a standout item for me. Getting my hands on the Bronco was worth the trip.
I don’t recall the name of the initial Briefing instructor but he was great also.

Sponsored

CMU_Chip

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Attending this Friday. Can't wait!!!

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went Saturday 10/9 and had a fabulous time. Learned a lot, loved the seat and driving time, met a bunch of great folks (say hi if you're here!)

Some things others have mentioned that I can verify: they try to have at least one 2 door in each group; depending on the number of participants, there can be multiple start times (early groups start at 8:30, late at 9:30), so there can be up to 4 groups on the mountain at once. They do try to demonstrate the differences in lines the 2door might take (so the drivers on the 2 doors will often get to "demonstrate" some eye-catching maneuvers). No manuals because the clutches were getting beaten up.

Other things I particularly appreciated were the emphasis on New England off-road conditions (so lots of slippery rocks and mud and how to deal with sliding), lot of very narrow spaces and trees (so glad the fender flares were black!), and lighting conditions (almost everything was in shadows/shade). I've driven in much more open and brighter conditions so this was surprising (but should not have been if I had been thinking!).

At basecamp, they had the whole $250 voucher credit thing figured out if you had not used it for a guest (which I had not), so there was time to shop and the voucher was applied immediately. No coffee in the morning so bring your own if you need it. Water available and the Yetis are very nice. The campfire rings and smores may sound hokey but it was really fun at the end of a long day.

Things that made me feel much more comfortable were the pre-drive inspection (like any rental car) focused on the painted surfaces; they said "Anything black, like bumpers, flares, skid plates, etc. were not what they were interested in." I didn't see anyone in my group of 8 point out a paint scratch or dent...and these were the vehicles that have been used for weeks out here. Sure, they may be rotating and doing spot fixes, but it says a lot. What says more is that none of us had a ding on our post-inspection either. And we were in tight in a lot of places.

Ok, pictures (note: only a few taken in predetermined picture locations because the rest of the time was spent driving and I didn't bring a guest photographer along!)

Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo - What to Expect Offroadeo_grou
Our group, Rob's 8:30

Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo - What to Expect Offroadeo_DansrockandRob
"Dan's Rock", an early location used to teach picking lines and teaching spotting techniques. Rob was our very capable leader. This line was taken by a couple of folks in our group.

Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo - What to Expect Offroadeo_2DRline
The 2-door was given a different line in order to get some 3-wheeling in. This was a great place to play with the Sta-Bar disconnect.

Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo - What to Expect Offroadeo_convoy
Then we drove a bunch! Yes, we usually stayed in good convoy configuration with space between, but we had stopped for a quick drivers' meeting so pulled up together to stop. It was so quiet out here.

Ford Bronco New Hampshire Bronco Off-Roadeo - What to Expect Offroadeo_dam
And what would a day off-roading be without some recovery practice? Why not do that with a Bob Ross painting as your backdrop?

Last edited:

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey guys, I am the one who made this video. Thanks for sharing! @coderman has a video that was also mentioned. He was the one who actually purchased the Bronco. He has a number of great videos vlogging his experience of buying.

Happy to answer any questions. Yes I will have a Part 2 video tomorrow morning with a bit more footage of the hill we go up :)

Keep in mind it's not everything! That way it won't be spoiled for everyone who will eventually go. And still being there beats watching it by a long mile. I do show the biggest obstacle which is a steep rocky climb. Enjoy!
I just got my invitation to Off-Roadeo not too long ago and am playing catch up. Watched both parts of your video and @coderman's video as well. Great job sharing enough of the experience for folks to get a feel for what they will be getting into, without spoiling the fun for them. I live in Northern Virginia, so NH Off-Roadeo is the closest location for me and where I'll likely make my reservation. Thanks again for capturing the experience and giving folks a taste.

coderman

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got my invitation to Off-Roadeo not too long ago and am playing catch up. Watched both parts of your video and @coderman's video as well. Great job sharing enough of the experience for folks to get a feel for what they will be getting into, without spoiling the fun for them. I live in Northern Virginia, so NH Off-Roadeo is the closest location for me and where I'll likely make my reservation. Thanks again for capturing the experience and giving folks a taste.
Glad you enjoyed it and I know for SURE you'll enjoy the New Hampshire event when you get the chance to visit. One thing to note the resort closes this event for skiing soon and won't be open until the spring. Of course the website shouldn't let you register but just something to be aware of.

Thank you for watching both of our videos!