Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 FX4 Screw 3.5 , 2000 TJ 4 cyl. 5 speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ill be there with the wife on Wednesday the 29th! I ordered a Badlands but hope to compare it to a basequatch to see what I really want!
Sponsored

Midlife Crisis

Badlands
First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing my 86 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had my off-roadeo experience on Saturday over the Labor Day weekend and it blew me away how capable the Bronco is and the terrain they allowed us to cover. The guides were great and the experience reinvigorated my enthusiasm for the Bronco. Everything about the event was well thought out.
I was there as well on Saturday. It was a great day and whomever you were, it was a pleasure to meet you! Lol.

mjbk12

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have never off roaded, just booked the NH Roadeo for 10/11. Any insight if they can take things back to basic levels? Timing is just right as I should take delivery of my 4 Dr/2.7/Lux/Non-Sasquatch OBX Big Bronco in mid / late October. Figured this would get me familiar with the truck quickly.
I was there on Sunday, I've never off roaded like this in my life. They train you from the basics all the way up through the use of lockers. Excellent program and great bunch of people to train you. You will learn a lot. And it's well worth having at least one friend along with you. Listen to tgem abd you won't hurt the bronco. Well unless you yank to hard on the Broncos parking brake setting lever.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was there as well on Saturday. It was a great day and whomever you were, it was a pleasure to meet you! Lol.
Those Broncos are AMAZING!!! I was shocked what it can do straight from the factory.

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where did you fly into? Where did you stay? Trying to work logistics on my end for a trip up there. Coming from Maryland.
Following. In MD also. 🙂

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I camped at the Gunstock campgrounds. It was a 15 minute walk from my campsite to the Off-Roadeo base camp.

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We stayed at 2 different "non - traditional" places for the Off-Roadeo

An Alpaca farm one night:

Basecamp for 2 nights, which we highly recommend!!
Here are some tips and our experience of the campground:

BuckingBronco72

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I appreciate the response. I’m heading down there on the 18th of September and have a manual 2 door on order. I’ll make sure to practice my boxing… I mean Rock Paper Scissors. It might get dirty…
Went today and no manuals

BuckingBronco72

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I called the Steele Hill resort yesterday during the day to see if there were rooms available and was told there were plenty. I told the employee that I would be driving all day and want sure if I was going to make it all the way that day so I was going to wait to reserve. I was told that was fine and that rooms would be available. I arrived a little after 10 pm after driving all day and the last 5 miles on dirt roads to attend the bronco off rodeo the next day. To make it worse I had to drive on these dirt roads in my Ford Focus because I have not been able to take delivery of my Bronco yet despite reserving day one. When I finally arrived after “living wild” and driving, traveling, and exploring all day I found 2 employees sitting at the check in counter doing nothing. I asked them if I could get a room to which I was told they were not competent enough to make a reservation and check me in. They said that the person that does reservations was off at 9 and there was nothing they could do. I travel a lot and have never came across a resort that would not check you in day of if there were rooms available. How is this the official hotel of off roadeo that wants you to “live wild?” I had a great experience at the off roadeo itself and Ethan was a great guide but to start the experience out the night before was just another disappointment in this process.

Sponsored

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What time does it start?

Online it said 4:30 Am - 2:30 pm. But after I booked it my email said 8:30 am which is much more reasonable as it doesn’t make sense to start in the dark.

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What time does it start?

Online it said 4:30 Am - 2:30 pm. But after I booked it my email said 8:30 am which is much more reasonable as it doesn’t make sense to start in the dark.
There are 2 start times 8:30am and then if they have more than 16 owners, they start a second group at 9:30am so the 2 groups don’t overlap.

CMU_Chip

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Booked for Oct 15th so looking forward to going!

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I attended on the 4th as well. Drove a BD with squatch which is what I have on order. I'm completely new to this so it was quite an eye opening experience. I mentioned to someone during the event - how would anyone think driving up this is possible? Since I have no experience in any other vehicle, I don't really know if the Bronco made it easy or if would be easy in any other off-roader but it did it all with NO problem. If you can drive, you can do it...That could be a testament to the Bronco but I don't really know.

The one interesting thing is we never used a goat mode...The stated reason was so we understood the concepts - like learning math even though you have a calculator...We were in 4L and shifted into manual 1st on the automatic for almost everything. I did try one pedal, trail control, had to use both lockers, etc. all were great. What a difference lockers makes! The one thing I wish I could have experienced was the full on camera system. Front facing seems like it would be awesome in any uphill situation. Also, since all the Bronco's without sway bar disconnect did everything just as well as those without, it solidified that my needs will probably never go that far. No need to go up to badlands for me...unless I want that camera....

Like everyone has said - if you're new to off-roading DO THIS. If you're experienced, you'll be able to judge the capabilities, tech, gadgets, etc. against whatever you have before you buy.

JadeF100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 , 75 F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Booked for Oct 15th so looking forward to going!

Anyone know when in the year does this go until? Imagine the ski mountain will take their land/lots back over quickly into Nov.
Last reservation?
Sponsored