Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Sport 351, hydroboost 33's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the guides are very cautious, they don't want you denting or tearing anything up. I passed on it....,no one in my group had any damage of any kind....I know accidents happen so I guess that's a decision you need to make
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will be there a week from today....calling for rain, 50 percent. Looking forward to the off rodeo. Does everyone take the insurance?
I did not take the insurance, but I'm also a somewhat experienced off-roader. Definitely not a professional or anything like that, but I do have a solid amount of experience largely thanks to my father.

The trails they take you on have been vetted, and obviously the difficulty is such that people who have never off-roaded before in their lives are capable of doing it. The beginning of the day there will be plenty of "hand-holding" by the instructor, but near the end of the day they do let you loose a bit to figure it out on your own. And there are some spots where you can definitely get yourself in trouble.

If you are going with a friend/family member, I personally wouldn't bother with the insurance even if you are new to off-roading. If there is a tight spot you are unsure about, have your co-pilot jump out and spot you through the obstacle and you should be fine. A lot of experienced off-roaders will tell you that once you get to the more difficult obstacles your spotter/guide is the one driving the vehicle and you are just the mindless robot turning the steering wheel and pressing the pedals/buttons. And it is VERY true—your visibility is limited inside of the Bronco so you have to rely on your spotter.

BUT I certainly wouldn't fault someone for spending the extra on the insurance for some piece of mind. That's basically the purpose of insurance.

Ghiaguy0

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f150 Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did take the insurance. Its cheap and good protection. No one in the group had any damage.. However the group ahead of us someone slipped and came really close. If i did it again I would still do it since its cheap.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife will be driving, so I bought the insurance. She is a good driver, but hasn’t offroad Ed before, just ridden with me.

We are booked for 10/31 and will be staying in Tilton. The resort vibe of the recommended lodging wasn’t appealing to me, and the place I booked in Tilton was $130 cheaper for two nights.

Sponsored

Bronco_Mo

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I kinda want to hear from the people who were there Friday the 14th and saturday the 15th.

I know some places in the mountains of Maine got 10+ inches of rain and what would normally be small streams this time of year were raging torrents (I hike...well, when I'm not dealing with an injury...and am in a lot of hiking groups, the pictures were crazy). I heard Mt Garfield was basically hiking a stream.

Someone mentioned Mt Washington, all I can say there is whether you hike or drive up, be prepared. The weather at the top is generally VERY different than it is at the bottom. I've driven up twice and hiked up once.
I was there on the 15th. There was minimal mud etc. There were some soft spots but no raging streams. Lots of leaves. The guides are excellent. It was a fun day

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the pic Dave !!!

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We did this last year, it was a fantastic time. Off-roading is much more advanced than I expected—many tight technical trails with little wiggle room for errors. It was pouring rain the entire time and cold. But overall a good time. They provide lunch and dinner which was not half bad.

I'd recommend staying in the Meridith area. It is very friendly and has lots of neat restaurants around the lake. I would not stay at the recommended lodge by Ford. It's overpriced and outdated. I'd stay at an Airbnb on the lake if I did again. We stayed only two nights, but I would extend it to a long weekend to enjoy the lake next time.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
New Hampshire is just a really cool site for the Off Rodeo. I just had a complete blast there in July. We had a small group on a Tuesday and only had Ed. He just gave us all the stickers after he showed us some things on the Bronco they have right by the main building. He didn't want to mess around with them that day.

For us, before lunch and about an hour after he did a lot of instructing and spotting. After that, we were on our own, he just ran us from one gauntlet to another, and he would guide if someone asked, otherwise just go. And it was just crazy. There was one section of rocks (maybe 100 yards or more) that we bumped and crawled across, tense about each rock and as we came to a corner we started to relax. Thinking we were finally out of the rocks, we turned to find another long section of rocks. I had to laugh out loud when I saw that, then squeeze my butt cheeks together and head out into it.

Yes, at Gunstock you spend nearly all your time in low range. The trails we drive across are public, and others could be horses, bikes, and joggers, so we never got very fast and took care crossing a trail. There was one trail where we did go into a high range and barrel down a wooded trail at around 45mph. That was exhilarating. But overall, low range, and typically auto-trans in manual using M1 or M2 through the trails. A visit to Texas is best if you want to do high-speed driving.

This picture one of the first obstacles where ED is walking us through the 3 different lines we might take over this obstacle, sharing why one is better than the other, even calling out the 2 door as a line a shorter wheel base might do better on.
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco New Hampshire JKR_0873

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm heading up to NH for the Off Roadeo first thing tomorrow, anyone else?! Any last minute hints or tips? Even trying to figure out what to wear 😄 are normal jeans and sneakers fine? or do I need my grub jeans and boots? :unsure:
Looking forward to tomorrow!

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
when you get off the two lane highway and enter the entrance you will come to a Y. there is a sign that says go right..don' go rightt......... go left.. base camp is just past the ski lifts. .also wear something a little more water proof than sneakers.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm heading up to NH for the Off Roadeo first thing tomorrow, anyone else?! Any last minute hints or tips? Even trying to figure out what to wear 😄 are normal jeans and sneakers fine? or do I need my grub jeans and boots? :unsure:
Looking forward to tomorrow!
I'd wear boots, It was relatively dry when I was there, but there was still muddy areas...

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd wear boots, It was relatively dry when I was there, but there was still muddy areas...
Thanks, will do 🙌
Sponsored