Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger w/GFC V2, 1987 caddy hearse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First things first, don't tell my wife.

My name is Dave and I have a problem.... wait that's not it. I am new here. I saw the Robin's egg Heritage Edition and I NEEEED it. Again, please don't tell the wife. I can hear it now.

wife- you really trading in the ranger Danger? you love that truck
me- no.
wife- throws something very heavy and hard at me- the hell you buying another @&%#*%$@%$^ car
me- does walk of shame to the garage

So please don't tell my wife

The real problem is sooooooooooo many options. I want the base (not limited edition) 2 door and manual trans(cuz I can). other than that I am completely lost. Please guide me. She will be a pavement princess second car driven only on nice days most likely with the top off
Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

My name is Dave and I have a problem.... wait that's not it. I am new here. I saw the Robin's egg Heritage Edition and I NEEEED it. Again, please don't tell the wife. I can hear it now.

wife- you really trading in the ranger Danger? you love that truck
me- no.
wife- throws something very heavy and hard at me- the hell you buying another @&%#*%$@%$^ car
me- does walk of shame to the garage

The real problem is sooooooooooo many options. I want the base (not limited edition) 2 door and manual trans(cuz I can). other than that I am completely lost. Please guide me. She will be a pavement princess second car driven only on nice days most likely with the top off
I do not think I would wish this insanity on anyone-good luck!!

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

Please guide me.
It's easy, just park it a few blocks away. Then just drive your ranger to it and switch. Your wife will never know. Just don't accidentally forget to swap on the drive home.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your best bet would be to order (or find, if you can) a Base 7MT, preferably black, and have it painted or wrapped in your color of choice. It’ll end up cheaper, and you’ll have exactly what you want…

OP
OP

Big Wave Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Easier to just paint your ranger robins egg blue
that's possible and quicker

Your best bet would be to order (or find, if you can) a Base 7MT, preferably black, and have it painted or wrapped in your color of choice. It’ll end up cheaper, and you’ll have exactly what you want…
then find proper grille and wheels

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want more than anything to keep my Ranger but I will let my wife win that battle plus I don't really have room to park both in the garage without really pissing off my wife.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
the dealer said nothing about any of that
"My dealer said ..." is kind of a running joke. I wouldn't trust much of anything a dealer says, without verifying.

Also Bronco is still a hard to get vehicle, with all kinds of goofy stuff going on around it. Like people flipping them, or buying 4 of them while you may not even be able to get one. Consider if you want to be part of that aggravation, or instead buy a Wrangler (maybe used) and go have fun now with open-top wheeling.

Or maybe order a more basic soft top 4-door Bronco, you might get that in some reasonable time, since apparently those have lower constraints. Get in writing the agreed selling price with no BS, when you place the order.

OP
OP

Big Wave Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Probably why I’m divorced—I never feared my wife.
I have seen my tiny wife throw 50 pound boxes of potatoes. the fear is real. I used to start fights in bars just so she can jump in and whoop an *cough* back side

"My dealer said ..." is kind of a running joke. I wouldn't trust much of anything a dealer says, without verifying.
yep. never trust them. figured somebody would have said something so far

at the end of the day, I don't care if takes 5 years to get a robin's egg bronco. it would be my third car for nice days

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the dealer said nothing about any of that
And he won't until you figure it out. Scenario One: You go in and say I want a Robins Egg Base Bronco, he says OK lets get you started, talks a bunch of BS, maybe takes deposit. Order time comes "Oops, Base isn't available in RE". So you realize you'll never actually get a Heritage Limited and order a Bronco (probably in a trim he upsells you) in a different color: HE WINS. Scenario Two: He tells you RE is only HEL but no problem we'll get it. Order time comes: "HEL allocations are gone" and you order a Bronco (probably in a trim he upsells you) in a different color: HE WINS.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As others have pointed out, Robins Egg is only available on the HE-L.
Only 1966 HE-L's will be made this year so they can't be ordered.
Even the regular HE is limited in that it can only be ordered by current res holders.
Also, "my dealer said..." is our resident drinking game, you are required to do a shot
Sponsored