Sponsored

New here, probably getting kicked out for first post, but I think the first buyers are making a mistake.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They haven’t even built a single Bronco for anyone and this guys already calling them a lemon lol.
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey somebodys gotta do it. And I for one thank each and everyone of them for their service. They will always be remembered as the proud first year owners that made it possible for the rest of us to purchase our Lightning Blue/white top 2.7 MT BaseSquatches with the washout interior and the upgraded 1800 watt inverter on X-plan.

Thankyou First Year Buyers, you are real American heroes!
1603179398972.jpeg
Thank you for the kind words. I'm certainly going to feel like a hero driving my 2021 Bronco. And if it makes you happy waiting for a 2022 or 2023 Bronco go for it. By the way I should be on my second Bronco by then the Warthog. No worries I'll be your hunkleberry again and buy the first year of one of those also. Lol ?
eec7ade86cbb3a999ac2589afa6e57a2.jpeg

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One word - Warranty. And after that expires, two words - Extended Warranty. See you on the trails in two years, mean while I'll be enjoying my worry free, under Warranty Bronco. Life is Good, Enjoy.
Ford Bronco New here, probably getting kicked out for first post, but I think the first buyers are making a mistake. eec7ade86cbb3a999ac2589afa6e57a2
I understand the engine, transmission, frame etc has been around awhile... So for the Bronco, what are peoples thoughts on an extended warranty, being a first release vehicle? Would off-roading breakages be covered?

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel like your points 2 and 3 still apply to you if you’re buying the Bronco 2023 model year. It’s a depreciating asset that will have used units on the market. If the Bronco is any competition to the Jeep (which it will be), used market value will be high.

So realistically you’re only concerned about potential issues with the brand new 2021 model year. Looking at the engine, frame, onboard technology...the 2021 Bronco is based on established systems that Ford already uses. Ranger frame, 2.3 and 2.7L engines in multiple Ford lineups already, sync system already well tested. Maybe the suspension is different, but they’ve been toying with that on the Raptor for years. I don’t really see where your concern is. Sure, the Bronco might have some hiccups. Every single car release does. But slim chance it’ll be catastrophic to the vehicle nostalgia and brand. Buy one if you want it. Or don’t. No one is changing their minds here if they want the Bronco. The only reason I’d wait til 2023 is for the hybrid.
Agree with your points.

But the manual is new and untested for longevity.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I understand the engine, transmission, frame etc has been around awhile... So for the Bronco, what are peoples thoughts on an extended warranty, being a first release vehicle? Would off-roading breakages be covered?
I usually don't buy extended warranties. But I buy a new vehicle every 2- 3 years. It might be a good option for those planning on keeping the vehicle for a longer time. I bought a new redesign 18.5 Wrangler JLU, heard the same B.S on waiting a year to get the bugs out. 53,000 miles later, still no problems, had only a couple recalls that dealer fixed for free.
20200930_163542.jpg

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seriously doubt enough will even be made in 18-24 months for there to be "tons" of them on used car lots, unless you literally mean tons as weight and not numbers. As the curb weight is reported to be around an average 4300 to 5300lbs... I suppose it is plausible that "tons" of Broncos could be available in the used market, as it would only take one or two Broncos for that statement to be correct.

Sponsored

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you find the right dealer, the experience getting a custom made vehicle under invoice will actually be more valuable. Once there are “a ton of these” on used car lots, you’ll have to pick what someone else configured and it will definitely be marked up. Used cars make more profit for dealerships because the price at that point is fairly subjective.

In demand vehicles have their prices increased gradually every year. Only the economy and surplus impacts special sales or discounts.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2. 18 - 24 months from now there are going to be a ton of these on the Ford used car lots....
What does your crystal ball reveal for you to say this? You think people waiting over a year on reservations and spending $40k ave minimum on a Bronco will be selling them in less than two years?

Yeah, your gonna have to explain that one to me. Not following your logic.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What does your crystal ball reveal for you to say this? You think people waiting over a year on reservations and spending $40k ave minimum on a Bronco will be selling them in less than two years?

Yeah, your gonna have to explain that one to me. Not following your logic.
He even confirmed that in his reply to me. So he's banking on thousands of people who've ordered, waited more than a year, and taken delivery deciding, "nah I don't like it" and then taking the hit on depreciation. All so he'll have the chance to buy one used.

Ford Bronco New here, probably getting kicked out for first post, but I think the first buyers are making a mistake. tenor

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
He even confirmed that in his reply to me. So he's banking on thousands of people who've ordered, waited more than a year, and taken delivery deciding, "nah I don't like it" and then taking the hit on depreciation. All so he'll have the chance to buy one used.

Ford Bronco New here, probably getting kicked out for first post, but I think the first buyers are making a mistake. tenor
ooo so he is hoping for that scenario. Thanks for the explanation.

Maybe I will send him a lamp to rub for a possible genie to pop out and grant that wish.
?
Sponsored