Sponsored

New here, probably getting kicked out for first post, but I think the first buyers are making a mistake.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Plot twist: OP has a reservation after MY21 cutoff date and is trying to get early reservation holders to cancel so they move up the list.
BLAST! They're onto me!
Sponsored

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm all in on the 2021 Bronco, reserved it July 15th and will place my order the first day I can. That being said, I pray every day I don't get the lemon out of my batch. Extended warranty is a high possibility.

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
New model problems are not a thing anymore. Every model year will have problems. Some will be in the middle of the cycle. If you’re still stuck in this, you’re best bet is to get the last model year

Mr.Pike17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 sante fe awd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
this guy gets it 100%

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mass produced vehicles depreciate. It’s a concern for some people and doesn’t matter to others. I’ll be grinning ear to ear driving my new Bronco.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
lol...jeep guys getting desperate...."please please please" don't buy...you'll hate it lol.
That’s most likely how Jeep sales guys will try to sell it... “Bronco is new it will fall appart and Ford has no clue on what it takes to make a great off roader...” ?

Edit: ... which in 99% of the cases will never go offroad

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s most likely how Jeep sales guys will try to sell it... “Bronco is new it will fall appart and Ford has no clue on what it takes to make a great off roader...” ?

Edit: ... which in 99% of the cases will never go offroad
I have a family friend who is an FCA engineer and he HATES the Bronco. He basically said it will never compare or compete with Jeep because Ford hasn’t done this and blah blah blah... I was just like “yeah, so Ford has no idea what they’re doing off-road because the Raptor is soooo awful, right?” I then talked about removable fenders and all of the cool crap that Jeep should have thought of years ago and that shut him up for a bit. ?

The way I see it is Ford is pretty well known for building awesome trucks. The Bronco is basically a small truck geared towards off-roading. Ford has two awesome off-road trucks already (F-150 Raptor, Ranger Raptor). I think they can manage to build another good truck.

Sure, there could be some problems, but I’ve been driving a wrangler for the past 7 years and I figure if I can deal with all of the quirks on one of those, then the Bronco will be just fine.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for the kind words. I'm certainly going to feel like a hero driving my 2021 Bronco. And if it makes you happy waiting for a 2022 or 2023 Bronco go for it. By the way I should be on my second Bronco by then the Warthog. No worries I'll be your hunkleberry again and buy the first year of one of those also. Lol ?
eec7ade86cbb3a999ac2589afa6e57a2.jpeg
I hope to hear all about your Broncos so I know exactly what I should or should not spec out. Living in Hawaii my prefered method of purchase includes 2 round trip flights to the mainland, shipping for bronco, and gas ,camping, and food money for 3 plus weeks of road tripping and offroading. So I have about 10k more to save up for before I can order.

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Likewise!!! I'm buying used or lease return, or a deal on an unsold new one at the end of a model year.

Sponsored

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1. I'm concerned with the new model, issues that we all know happen. And 2. 18 - 24 months from now there are going to be a ton of these on the Ford used car lots. 3. where is there any value to a depreciating vehicle (retorical question)? 4. that said, looking two years down the road to joining these owners.
Yep....
They are gathering down the street to burn a cross on your back yard later.
Better board up the windows.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not share your view but Welcome, stay a while this forum is full of very knowledgeable men and women who are never to shy to share their knowledge and opinions.

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in theory, auto makers try to make improvements at least cost improvements to their vehicles. that doesn't make a 2023 model better necessarily, only more profitable for Ford. probably in a couple years or sooner they will have hybrid options and a more electric platform, but will add several grand to an already pricey ride. meanwhile 2021 Bronco owners will be out enjoying the wild while you are still waiting for the next best thing to come around.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. I'm concerned with the new model, issues that we all know happen. And 2. 18 - 24 months from now there are going to be a ton of these on the Ford used car lots. 3. where is there any value to a depreciating vehicle (retorical question)? 4. that said, looking two years down the road to joining these owners.
I hear this comment all the time and they are usually from folks that are more concerned about reliability than having a cool new vehicle (and therefore are your typical Toyota buyers). I am not concerned with this and others really shouldn't either. Although I have never done it with Ford, I have bought three first year models of a new generation or model of car. For some, I had people chasing me down the road to see it closeup or at least ask questions. That alone is kind of fun and special. Each one has either been the same or better quality than new cars I bought that were already established. As other posters have indicated, that's what the warranty is for and even the lemon laws. By the time you feel better for a Bronco purchase, it will no longer be the new kid on the block!

Back to the reliability thing, I have bought all makes and have seen very little difference in QC issues while under warranty. If some cars have better reliability then it is to small to notice on new models for atleast the first 100K. Maybe after that you start to see vehicles separate the more reliable from the ones that start to need service. But that isn't my concern with the Bronco. I will keep it longer than 100K if its still in good shape, if not, I will be ready to trade it in.
Sponsored

Last edited: