Sponsored

New here, probably getting kicked out for first post, but I think the first buyers are making a mistake.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

03znchicago is a forum troll. Drops a turd in the punch bowl, then runs off.

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. I'm concerned with the new model, issues that we all know happen. And 2. 18 - 24 months from now there are going to be a ton of these on the Ford used car lots. 3. where is there any value to a depreciating vehicle (retorical question)? 4. that said, looking two years down the road to joining these owners.
1. I'm concerned with the new model, issues that we all know happen. And 2. 18 - 24 months from now there are going to be a ton of these on the Ford used car lots. 3. where is there any value to a depreciating vehicle (retorical question)? 4. that said, looking two years down the road to joining these owners.
“We all know happen”

new model issues are not a thing anymore. Buying a 2nd, 3rd or 4th model year is just going to shift one problem into another because upgrades and supplier changes. Last year models still have problems. I was at least first 50 to get my 2016 Camaro and I have less problems than most people. And I’m not an anomaly.

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If youre in the biz you should know that values will be strong at least until the backlog of reservations is filled.

When I take delivery of the first FE from Granger at 1k below invoice Im pretty sure I could turn around and make 7k on the Bronco if I wanted the next day.
Sorry to break the news. Mine (as will others I assume) will be there before yours.

Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to break the news. Mine (as will others I assume) will be there before yours.
Oh yeah? Albert had told me I was first. Things may have changed.

I dont care anyway tho... Im canceling.

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Strange take. Jeeps aren't the most reliable vehicles in the world, yet Wranglers are re-sale rock stars. And Ford has been offering both of the Bronco's engines for years now. Again: not a major area of concern.

Where I do think there will be some hiccups is in the integration of all the mechanicals and electronics in a completely new vehicle. I imagine first-year buyers will be chasing some gremlins, but they will also get to enjoy the experience of owning a hot new rig. That's fun, and probably worth some headaches.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you’ll see a ton of people lease this vehicle, and that will be your used car market.

Im not very happy with the price escalators, but it just means I might be more frugal out the gates w/my Badlands. Again, Build & Price with Priority. What is the most important thing to you.

Sasquatch? Badlands is mostly squatched out to begin with. Not a high priority.

Wheels? Tires? Tires wear and the current set up will allow me to off-road at some of the most difficult trails. Future Birthday Present for me, but not important today.

Interior is honestly the BIGGEST reason I’m going for the Badlands. All the stuff related to the off-roading is available on the Sasquatch, but you will likely be limited in other areas like inability to snag the Mid Package.

Engine & Transmission. That’s a heavy deal. Unfortunately, my wife is not a very open minded person, so for the 40 times she might drive it, she refuses to embrace a manual. Eff me, amirite? But... I have 2 beautiful daughters, so I’ll let her win this round... Automatic it is. Now it’s about the engine.

Do I go 2.3 and save myself $2K or do I go for 2.7; which I prefer. I don’t know yet... I need to drive it to feel the difference.

So, my priorities may seem goofy, but:
Automatic
Interior (with an emphasis on upholstery)
Color
Tech Package
Engine

Those priorities changed somewhat as I had a greater interest on the engine, but I’ve heard the 2.3 is more than adequate on 4-Door Ranger, so I can trade off on the 6 if the 4 hits the right numbers and hum

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Calling it a mistake is a bit negative and harsh.
There's going to be plenty of fully functioning non gremlin having broncos built.
You can always cancel your reservation and make one for a later model.
I'm learning its wrong to criticize those that want something sooner and also those that want something later. It comes down to the individual.

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the process of getting my 2020 Jeep Wrangler bought back due to 45 days in the shop in the first year, steering, transmission, cooling, electrical systems all had failures and its was a 3rd year model run. So I am not waiting as it didn’t help in the Jeep. And honestly it’s like winning the lotto if you do get a lemon they cut me a huge check and took the vehicle back. Will make for a nice down payment on my bronco..

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

03znchicago is a forum troll. Drops a turd in the punch bowl, then runs off.

I don't know about a troll, but he wasn't buying one anyway. Maybe just needed to give himself an excuse instead of a reason.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New model problems are not a thing anymore. Every model year will have problems. Some will be in the middle of the cycle. If you’re still stuck in this, you’re best bet is to get the last model year
It's as much a cliché as the 3mo/3k oil change. Idiots still preach it, as suckers still believe it.

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you’ll see a ton of people lease this vehicle, and that will be your used car market.

Im not very happy with the price escalators, but it just means I might be more frugal out the gates w/my Badlands. Again, Build & Price with Priority. What is the most important thing to you.

Sasquatch? Badlands is mostly squatched out to begin with. Not a high priority.

Wheels? Tires? Tires wear and the current set up will allow me to off-road at some of the most difficult trails. Future Birthday Present for me, but not important today.

Interior is honestly the BIGGEST reason I’m going for the Badlands. All the stuff related to the off-roading is available on the Sasquatch, but you will likely be limited in other areas like inability to snag the Mid Package.

Engine & Transmission. That’s a heavy deal. Unfortunately, my wife is not a very open minded person, so for the 40 times she might drive it, she refuses to embrace a manual. Eff me, amirite? But... I have 2 beautiful daughters, so I’ll let her win this round... Automatic it is. Now it’s about the engine.

Do I go 2.3 and save myself $2K or do I go for 2.7; which I prefer. I don’t know yet... I need to drive it to feel the difference.

So, my priorities may seem goofy, but:
Automatic
Interior (with an emphasis on upholstery)
Color
Tech Package
Engine

Those priorities changed somewhat as I had a greater interest on the engine, but I’ve heard the 2.3 is more than adequate on 4-Door Ranger, so I can trade off on the 6 if the 4 hits the right numbers and hum
Go test drive a ranger and see. I did yesterday and hated how tinny the engine sounds, but yes it had plenty of pep to move.

I am certain that if I was definitely an automatic transmission guy then I would absolutely be upgrading to the 2.7. Doesn't make sense not to. If you're not getting the manual I'd encourage you to go for the 2.7 upgrade hand down.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know about a troll, but he wasn't buying one anyway. Maybe just needed to give himself an excuse instead of a reason.
Some people just need an excuse to move backwards. It's easier than fighting forward against odds.
Sponsored