Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not sure if you will take to the hills of NJ/PA or the beaches but you should have some type of traction board, jack, air compressor, tire deflator, tire repair kit, and then kinetic rope is great and better than standard tow rope. Depending on where you take your Bronco you may require more. This is just some of the items needed when I take to beaches on Long Island.
Will defintiely be taking it to Pinelands. Also a frequent goer of IBSP. So lots of sand driving.

For compressor, waiting for a behind the tire mount. The compressors at the beach are so quick and convenient, but thinking of maybe getting the ARB twin and keeping it portable until I find a mount location (for raptor).

I agree, I need good traction boards. Seems like everyone goes with maxtrax, but theyre pretty expensive.

Have my ARB deflator kit.

Anyone have any recommendation for a good portable jack?
Sponsored

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Will defintiely be taking it to Pinelands. Also a frequent goer of IBSP. So lots of sand driving.

For compressor, waiting for a behind the tire mount. The compressors at the beach are so quick and convenient, but thinking of maybe getting the ARB twin and keeping it portable until I find a mount location (for raptor).

I agree, I need good traction boards. Seems like everyone goes with maxtrax, but theyre pretty expensive.

Have my ARB deflator kit.

Anyone have any recommendation for a good portable jack?

So since I jumped on this conversation I may as well answer you. Now take it for what it is worth as I have not done anything to get myself stuck in sand. (hopefully will not) I bought the ARB Portable Compressor Tool Box from local Ford dealer that discounts. Then read reviews and talked with long time 4x4 Beach guys about other equipment. Some use Hi-Jack or bottle jack; but Adam from 4x4LEDs uses a ProEagle Off-Road Jack. As far as boards after I picked a bottle jack I wanted traction boards with a base to hold jack steady. I think the most important item for paying extra would be is the compressor as you use it all the time, just not committed enough to mount full time in my situation. Here is what I have;

https://www.amazon.com/BUNKER-INDUS...-Red/dp/B07NV71XVB?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-1830-fpac.html

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NOWOGY...g&sr=1-1-9e67e56a-6f64-441f-a281-df67fc737124

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So since I jumped on this conversation I may as well answer you. Now take it for what it is worth as I have not done anything to get myself stuck in sand. (hopefully will not) I bought the ARB Portable Compressor Tool Box from local Ford dealer that discounts. Then read reviews and talked with long time 4x4 Beach guys about other equipment. Some use Hi-Jack or bottle jack; but Adam from 4x4LEDs uses a ProEagle Off-Road Jack. As far as boards after I picked a bottle jack I wanted traction boards with a base to hold jack steady. I think the most important item for paying extra would be is the compressor as you use it all the time, just not committed enough to mount full time in my situation. Here is what I have;

https://www.amazon.com/BUNKER-INDUS...-Red/dp/B07NV71XVB?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-1830-fpac.html

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NOWOGY...g&sr=1-1-9e67e56a-6f64-441f-a281-df67fc737124
Good idea with the traction board being the base for the jack.

OP
OP
Nexgenbronco

Nexgenbronco

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Alkesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For everyone that emailed us, we will notify you when our inventory arrives. So far, the response has been great and we will continue to take discounted preorders until December 18th. The most popular item has been the Kenetic rope kit with the 2 soft shakles. If anyone has any questions feel free to reach out!

https://nexgenbronco.com/16k-lbs-offroad-kinetic-recovery-kit/

Ford Bronco New High Quality Recovery Equipment K-Kinetic-Recovery-Kit-01-1500px__23211.1670159282

Ford Bronco New High Quality Recovery Equipment -8K-Kinetic-Recovery-Kit-1x1-1-1__08171.1670159283

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is 16K enough? Most other break level recommendations have been over 30k. I am not an expert, just wanted to ask before buying anything.
GVRW of the 2022 Bronco is 5,540-6,160 (trim dependent). Not 5,000 lbs.

Standard "quick math" for a kinetic rope is below, then fudge upwards until you can't possibly be wrong.

A Kinetic Recovery Rope should be sized such that the Minimum Tensile Strength (MTS or 'minimum breaking strength) is roughly 3 times the Gross Vehicle Weight of the vehicle conducting the recovery.

Remember, that's three times it's actual weight, not the GVRW posted in the door jam. It's absolutely reasonable for a Bronco with heavy wheels, aftermarket bumpers, winch, and everything inside of it to exceed 7,000 lbs, so in that case you would want a 21,000 lb MTS rated rope at minimum.

Personally speaking, I would never buy a 16K rope but I have a rough idea of what my Bronco will weigh and it's more than 5K. For a bad time, go youtube videos of what happens when recovery straps/ropes break..... People die. Please choose your gear with it's weight ratings and safety in mind.

Last edited:

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

GVRW of the 2022 Bronco is 5,540-6,160 (trim dependent). Not 5,000 lbs.

Standard "quick math" for a kinetic rope is below, then fudge upwards until you can't possibly be wrong.

A Kinetic Recovery Rope should be sized such that the Minimum Tensile Strength (MTS or 'minimum breaking strength) is roughly 3 times the Gross Vehicle Weight of the vehicle conducting the recovery.

Remember, that's three times it's actual weight, not the GVRW posted in the door jam. It's absolutely reasonable for a Bronco with heavy wheels, aftermarket bumpers, winch, and everything inside of it to exceed 7,000 lbs, so in that case you would want a 21,000 lb MTS rated rope at minimum.

Personally speaking, I would never buy a 16K rope but I have a rough idea of what my Bronco will weigh and it's more than 5K. For a bad time, go youtube videos of what happens when recovery straps/ropes break..... People die. Please choose your gear with it's weight ratings and safety in mind.
100% Rick- thanks for helping me unpack this more as I am considering. I went to Saber's website as the description was more detailed there and this is what is said for the 16k rope; " The perfect recovery rope for kinetic recoveries (like a snatch strap, but with 50% more stretch) in large vehicles with a GVM or GCM between 5,300-8,000KG". BUT NOW I READ MY POST AND i SEE KG AND 5000kg IS 11,023 LBS, SO THE 16K IS IT 16,000 LBS OR KG?? I went back to Saber and it is 16,000 KG or in USA 35,000 lbs- now I am interested in made in Australia

"
16,000kg Heavy Duty Kinetic Recovery Rope
The Saber Offroad kinetic recovery rope is developed for a safer and smoother way to assist stranded vehicles out of mud, sand, water, snow and more. Where traditional snatch straps give often less than 20% stretch, these Saber Offroad ropes give up to 30% stretch making a huge difference when it comes to strain on the vehicles, smoothness of the recovery and safety for those in the immediate vicinity. If used with the Saber Offroad soft shackles, vehicle recovery has never been safer.

KEY FEATURES

9 Meter Kinetic Recovery Rope – 16,000kg Maximum Breaking Strength

During vehicle recovery, it stretches and absorbs tremendous energy coming from the pulling. This energy is transferred to the stuck vehicle, resulting in extremely effective and efficient vehicle recovery.

Last edited:

Squishie

Black Diamond
First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm looking at your gear and am interested. My only drawback is anything from China or made in China. If so I'll probably pass. But if all is made in Australia with material from Australia im in to purchase items.

OP
OP
Nexgenbronco

Nexgenbronco

First Name
Alkesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The gear is made in Australia were possible. Some products are sourced in other countries but tested with lot numbers in Australia. We strive to only sell high quality gear regardless of price. If it is cheaply made, we do not sell it! Our business model is find the best of the best, whether that be from a local small town machine shop or a large well known corporation.

I'm looking at your gear and am interested. My only drawback is anything from China or made in China. If so I'll probably pass. But if all is made in Australia with material from Australia im in to purchase items.

OP
OP
Nexgenbronco

Nexgenbronco

First Name
Alkesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We have also added the 26K Recovery Kit to the preorder. The 10% off for preorders ends next week. Use code "saber".

y-Kinetic-Recovery-Kit-01-1500px__57386.1670703934.jpg

Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak