Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just some perspective for those of you set on using regular as opposed to premium gas. Not sure on gas prices where you're at but here in the gas tax capital the difference is $.30 per gallon. So that's only $6.00 per tank. I know, I know....six bucks is six bucks, but just buy one less cinnamon-mocha-soy-frappe-latte per week and there ya go. Horsepower up!

Just my $.02....or $.30
Right now I fill my tank about 2x a month, if that. Wouldn't be mad at all with having to pay a bit extra for some added boost. If I eventually throw a tune on it as well that'll likely be 93 only.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These are better than I thought....so a tune on the 2.7 and you are looking at 400hp...

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unless the EPA has it's way... They've been raiding tune shops that sell defeat emission devices. Just a matter of time until they completely kill tunes.
Not necessarily, there are good companies that know how to tune engines and still stay within the bounds of what the various emissions controls want. There are also a lot of companies that just crank up the boost, adjust the fuel maps to match and then turn off the rear O2 sensor and call it done. The second category are the ones that EPA is after.

Also, wonder if these are crank numbers, or wheel numbers. (probably crank) Because crank numbers are useless, it's a bit like measuring one's dick from behind the balls. Sure, it's there, but you ain't using it. :-D

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless the EPA has it's way... They've been raiding tune shops that sell defeat emission devices. Just a matter of time until they completely kill tunes.
Tunes for gasoline engines donā€™t usually defeat any of the emissions devices, they mainly play with timing of fuel injection, quantity of fuel, and timing of ignition spark. Nothing illegal about that. Itā€™s diesels that are the ones doing emissions deletes of the EGR and the DEF system that have been getting raided. Those same shops are doing tunes still, they just canā€™t delete either of those.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember when everyone got mad when I mentioned premium fuel. Lol enjoy that regular fuel.
I certainly will enjoy those .75c per gallon savings.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This was posted by Bronco Nation. I ainā€™t mad at those figures!

Ford has released the technical specifications for the two- and four-door 2021 Ford horsepower and torque.

ENGINES2.3L ECOBOOST2.7L ECOBOOST
SAE horsepower300* (275 regular fuel)330* (315 regular fuel)
SAE torque325* (315 regular fuel)415* (410 regular fuel)

* figure using premium fuel
FYI: The 2019 Ford Ranger was released with power ratings for the 2.3 ecoboost as 270 hp and 310 lb tq using regular fuel (recommended on Ranger).

Bronco is easily besting those figures! One can assume tune and improved air flow to be the low hanging fruit for the power/torque bump.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15154612/ford-ranger-returns-for-2019-news/

How much easier do you need it to be than "turn tire, remove 2 plastic clips, remove oil filter"? Or are you one of those flat-earthers who read the incorrect first articles on the subject and didn't go back to see they were all redacted for being patently false and incorrect?

Just asking as somebody who has a Ranger and has completed an oil change in under 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whooo basically a free 30hp tune. I expect I'll stick to regular, 275 is plenty for me and will be the most economical configuration.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I remember when everyone got mad when I mentioned premium fuel. Lol enjoy that regular fuel.
Except you said it was required. No one argued premium fuel not being beneficial.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's hard to change an oil filter on the Ranger? Seemed pretty simple to me. šŸ¤”

ManSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco, 17' F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I could justify the price for premium for an additional 25 HP (my only option is the 2.3l). I'm sure that equates to 15 at the wheel

Horsepower-Torque-2021-Bronco-Engine-2.3L-2.7L.jpg
Sponsored