First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
HOW ABOUT FOR PEOPLE AT HIGHER ALTITUDES. EASTERN IDAHO IS ONLY 4200' PLUS AND THE OCTANE FOR REGULAR AND OTHER GRADES IS LOWER THAN IN WESTERN IDAHO (2600'). BY THE WAY HIGHER OCTANE (REGULAR VS PREMIUM) HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FUEL QUALITY, BRAND HAS MORE BEARING ON THAT. I MAY BE INCORRECT BUT I THINK IT EFFECTS BURN RATE IN SIMPLE TERMS.
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If your not in the Baja 1000 premium fuel is a waste of money in a bronco.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow. Pretty close in numbers vs the previous gen Explorer ST which was a 6.0 second 0-60. If Bronco is close to that... yeah that’s pretty damn quick for an SUV

The 2.7 base non squatch 2 door with some decent tires might be one of the best sleepers of all time.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unless the EPA has it's way... They've been raiding tune shops that sell defeat emission devices. Just a matter of time until they completely kill tunes.
I don’t have kids myself, but my friend/neighbor has a cute little daughter with a bad case of asthma. It breaks my heart when I see her struggling to breathe.

I am all in favor of modding your vehicle to increase power. But when you increase pollution, you are hurting my friends little girl, and maybe even killing her.

EPA raids ? Hell yeah, I support them 100 percent. WWJD ? He would think about kids with asthma, and support the EPA.

Zeebo390

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wonder what happens with e85... asking for a friend.
If the Bronco isn’t flex fuel rated, it will run rough and lean if it runs at all and the E85 can eventually chew up the fuel system. If it is flex fuel rated, it should run fine but the MPG will be at least 20-30% worse because it packs less BTUs per gallon than E10.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheObiJuan

Wildtrak
First Name
J.M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t have kids myself, but my friend/neighbor has a cute little daughter with a bad case of asthma. It breaks my heart when I see her struggling to breathe.

I am all in favor of modding your vehicle to increase power. But when you increase pollution, you are hurting my friends little girl, and maybe even killing her.

EPA raids ? Hell yeah, I support them 100 percent. WWJD ? He would think about kids with asthma, and support the EPA.
China’s greenhouse emissions exceed every developed nation combined. COMBINED.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazing torque difference when stepping up to the V6. Wow!!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It appears to be the same. Other than the factory over-tightening and a different size of factory and OE replacement the first time , it’s a non issue in my experience.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not necessarily, there are good companies that know how to tune engines and still stay within the bounds of what the various emissions controls want. There are also a lot of companies that just crank up the boost, adjust the fuel maps to match and then turn off the rear O2 sensor and call it done. The second category are the ones that EPA is after.

Also, wonder if these are crank numbers, or wheel numbers. (probably crank) Because crank numbers are useless, it's a bit like measuring one's dick from behind the balls. Sure, it's there, but you ain't using it. :-D
There's some

Don't think you understand what 90% of the tunes and mods are. But you do you...
Sponsored