rwgreen1173

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Duster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got mine today and installed it. Seems quality and well built. Watch the install vid and fill in the blanks with a little common sense and you’ll have a clean install. Word to the wise, DO NOT use the wire taps included in the kit. Do yourself a favor and educate urself on crimping or soldering some more permanent/reliable connectors on there, if not it’s definitely less than a 12 Pack bribe worth of parts and labor to get someone that can. Overall I like it, thanks @ORACLELighting 👍
What kind of connector did you get for connection to the factory ?

Ford Bronco New Illuminated Third Brake Light for Bronco 1663597039758
Ford Bronco New Illuminated Third Brake Light for Bronco 1663597082437
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
its simple to split the wires and direct connect. It all gets tucked out of site. I soldered and put heat shrink on mine. Not worth buying a connector imo

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was wondering about that, but I think it'll still work. My BD is ordered, and I'm getting the steelies, so I hope it'll work!
Did you ever get your black diamond and install this? Looking for a pic of the lights inside the steelies.

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you ever get your black diamond and install this? Looking for a pic of the lights inside the steelies.
It's built but still not delivered, but I did see a pix of the spare steelie and it works.

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco New Illuminated Third Brake Light for Bronco IMG_0206

Hey @OracleLights, where am I supposed to put the self tapping screws? I tried over 6 different spots and all but 1 had a metal plate behind it preventing the installation. I am fully aware that there is a metal reinforcing plate on the backside of the plastic but I made sure to go around that (either super close to the camera or super far away on the outer edge and nothing worked. I have a 2022 black diamond.

Sponsored

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey @OracleLights, where am I supposed to put the self tapping screws? I tried over 6 different spots and all but 1 had a metal plate behind it preventing the installation. I am fully aware that there is a metal reinforcing plate on the backside of the plastic but I made sure to go around that (either super close to the camera or super far away on the outer edge and nothing worked. I have a 2022 black diamond.
Sure, here is a close-up photo showing how we did it.
Ford Bronco New Illuminated Third Brake Light for Bronco IMG_0740

Here is a picture of th plate form the back for reference.
Ford Bronco New Illuminated Third Brake Light for Bronco IMG_0741

I SPEED

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this light DOT approved?
I ask because here in NH all exterior lighting must be DOT compliant or they are deemed "off road only" and will not pass safety inspection.

OP
OP
OracleLights

OracleLights

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this light DOT approved?
I ask because here in NH all exterior lighting must be DOT compliant or they are deemed "off road only" and will not pass safety inspection.
If Red as a brake light it meets DOT regulations, however it is not stamped DOT.

I SPEED

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, they would want to see the "DOT" on the light. Thank you for the quick response.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After drilling 8 holes, I wish I would have this or was included…

Sponsored

JohnnyMotorBoat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

So... after spending almost 2 hours working to install the damn thing, I can say for 1000% certain that the ORACLE LIGHTING LED Wheel Ring Tail Light is NOT useable on 2022+ Broncos (for clarity, I'm attempting to install on a 2022 Wildtrak / Sasquatch). For starters, the 3 center brackets are too long and will not fit around the center bore diameter of the camera mount. I used a dremel and wrecked 4 cutting wheels to shorten the mounting brackets so they'd even sit flush on the spare carrier.

So after all that, I found that you cannot use the provided self tapping screws to attach the ring light. Apparently now there is an in-mold metal plate in the spare carrier part that completely prevents you from running the self tapping screws into it. I used a drill in 6 different locations attempting to pre-tap holes, and every one had metal shavings coming up from the hole and so the self tapping screws are worthless. Need to drill thru and use machine screws to attach. After spending all this time cutting, drilling, etc., I'm in no mood for a Home Depot run to buy additional hardware to mount this thing. Especially when it doesn't even come with electrical connectors that plug into the stock Bronco tail light connector, you have to split and wire-tap the factory harness.

@ORACLE Lighting if you're going to market this on the Bronco forums, at least be transparent and tell us this was designed for Jeeps, but it "CAN" work for your Bronco with sufficient modifications.

spare.JPG

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So... after spending almost 2 hours working to install the damn thing, I can say for 1000% certain that the ORACLE LIGHTING LED Wheel Ring Tail Light is NOT useable on 2022+ Broncos (for clarity, I'm attempting to install on a 2022 Wildtrak / Sasquatch). For starters, the 3 center brackets are too long and will not fit around the center bore diameter of the camera mount. I used a dremel and wrecked 4 cutting wheels to shorten the mounting brackets so they'd even sit flush on the spare carrier.

So after all that, I found that you cannot use the provided self tapping screws to attach the ring light. Apparently now there is an in-mold metal plate in the spare carrier part that completely prevents you from running the self tapping screws into it. I used a drill in 6 different locations attempting to pre-tap holes, and every one had metal shavings coming up from the hole and so the self tapping screws are worthless. Need to drill thru and use machine screws to attach. After spending all this time cutting, drilling, etc., I'm in no mood for a Home Depot run to buy additional hardware to mount this thing. Especially when it doesn't even come with electrical connectors that plug into the stock Bronco tail light connector, you have to split and wire-tap the factory harness.

@ORACLE Lighting if you're going to market this on the Bronco forums, at least be transparent and tell us this was designed for Jeeps, but it "CAN" work for your Bronco with sufficient modifications.

Ford Bronco New Illuminated Third Brake Light for Bronco spare.JPG
Sorry to hear you had so much trouble there. As shown in our photo, we didn't have to make those mods, although it is definitely a tight fit to the center. This is a universal product not specific to any 1 vehicle. It works on both Jeeps and Broncos, or just about anything else with a carrier like this!
Ford Bronco New Illuminated Third Brake Light for Bronco 1680187564958

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you look at the post you quoted there is a metal plate on all of the years (yes this is a Sasquatch carrier) the holes on the outside (red) go on the outside of the plate the holes on the inside (blue) go on the inside of the plate you can use either for mounting.

Ford Bronco New Illuminated Third Brake Light for Bronco ring_Untitled-1

The brackets dont need to be modified, you can see in the first photo from the post you quoted that these can make contact with the shaft and still install properly.

JohnnyMotorBoat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you look at the post you quoted there is a metal plate on all of the years (yes this is a Sasquatch carrier) the holes on the outside (red) go on the outside of the plate the holes on the inside (blue) go on the inside of the plate you can use either for mounting.

ring_Untitled-1.jpg

The brackets dont need to be modified, you can see in the first photo from the post you quoted that these can make contact with the shaft and still install properly.
I think you're missing what I'm saying. I had the whole spare carrier off so I could see the external metal plate you're referencing. But what I'm telling you is there is an "overmolded" metal plate inside of the plastic, in addition to the darker black "elephant head"-shaped one that sits on the inner surface. If you drill anywhere within the flat surface of the carrier, you are drilling into metal. Including where you show the red circles. In my photo below, I did a transparent overlay of the external plate on the back so you can see I wasn't drilling into it. All the spots I circled in red are where I drilled and hit metal.

I suspect your test build was an earlier Bronco year model (likely '21). My guess is that Ford decided they needed to further strengthen the carrier and added the in-mold metal to support the spare. It's a process called overmolding. In this diagram the black rectangle would be the metal plate I'm referencing

And the bracket length on my Sasquatch absolutely had to be modified. It was impossible for them to sit flat otherwise, which would have interfered with seating the spare tire against the mount.

Ford Bronco New Illuminated Third Brake Light for Bronco spare2.JPG

Ford Bronco New Illuminated Third Brake Light for Bronco overmolding-and-insert-molding-process-illustration-900x600

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not missing what you are saying at all. The screws are self-drilling metal TEK screws they have no problem going through the aluminum overmolded panel, it is the steel panel (elephant head) that you need to avoid.
Sponsored