Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Count me in for the pinion seal leaking. Dealer is telling me a month backorder on the part.
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: 0ne

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Diff wouldn’t be exclusive to the 2.7. I’ve already had my front diff and drivers side cv axle replaced waiting on the passenger one.

What issues were the CV axles giving you? How did you diagnose?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Noticed my front diff is leaking for the second time. Not enough to drip to the floor but putting a good coating on skids. Hope it can get done quick. Sometimes the dealer says it will take a week for a tech to even look at it. Causes me to jump around from dealer to dealer.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Noticed my front diff is leaking for the second time. Not enough to drip to the floor but putting a good coating on skids. Hope it can get done quick. Sometimes the dealer says it will take a week for a tech to even look at it. Causes me to jump around from dealer to dealer.
Did they only swap your seal the first time? Or did they swap your entire front diff?

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just the seal.
I’d take it back in and suggest they swap the whole carrier diff — that’s what my dealership will be doing as soon as my 7MT TSB parts come in

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there. This leaking concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealership has had mine for over a week now and hasn't been touched to address the seal leak. Unresponsive to email asking for update. Went by because they close at 7 and it was closed at 6.

Here is image of leak in first picture.

Second picture you can see splatter from gear oil hitting cross member.

Ford Bronco New issue: front gear differential seal leak 20230318_131338

Ford Bronco New issue: front gear differential seal leak 20230318_131308

bjellefs

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang, 2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Add one more to the leaking diff list. Noticed mine was leaking this weekend. 2022 April build with 12,000 miles. Going to take it in this week and fingers crossed it isn’t at the dealer long.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Add one more to the leaking diff list. Noticed mine was leaking this weekend. 2022 April build with 12,000 miles. Going to take it in this week and fingers crossed it isn’t at the dealer long.
Hi Brandon! I can look into your Bronco's leak concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

bjellefs

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang, 2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Brandon! I can look into your Bronco's leak concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
Fortunately I have a great dealer and they are already on it. Diagnosed as a leaky pinion seal. They are supposed to get the part in Monday for a fix.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received notice today of my front diff leak during my oil change service at 25k miles. Waiting on part availability from the dealer.

• Sad

Raincloud

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found out today I have a front diff leak as well. Local shop initially thought I had a coolant leak, took it to Ford for pressure test and no coolant leak. They did find a small transfer case leak. Took it in today to get that fixed and I actually have a small front diff leak. 2021 badlands 2.7 with a little over 10K miles on it.
UPDATE:
Had the pinion seal replaced a little less than a month ago and it’s leaking again. The leak is actually more noticeable now than it was before. Dealership confirmed this morning that it is in fact leaking again. Taking it back on Monday when they have a loaner available.

• Angry

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received notice today of my front diff leak during my oil change service at 25k miles. Waiting on part availability from the dealer.
Still no repair from the dealership and they have had parts for a month… annoyed.
Sponsored

• Sad