Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The new defender is a mall cruiser looking piece of crap.
Don’t LR mechanics have the highest labor rate of any brand? I know they used to. You can have it and take that crap off the Bronco forum.
Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No doubt they do look the upper scale mall crawler, but don't let that fool you. May not be a rock crawler but they have always been quite capable offroad. If you can keep them running...

TFL has one, at the dealer for 21+ days of the first 23 that they owned it...

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to admit that was great marketing. It gave me the feels.

My buddy just bought one and unfortunately he’s getting over COVID now but when he’s free he wants to go for some rides.

Reliability and the price are my turn offs but impressive tech and great marketing. It is certainly a maybe.

If for some reason a real show stopper comes about making me less excited about the BL it will be considered. However, I’d probably get a truck.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I for one having English blood see these commercials and think damn :cool: Looks like a James Bond Commercial :bandit:
My american blood says Bronco needs to be a little less classy, but have at least most of the off-road capabilities matched or close. Putting it right between the jeep and the Defender.
also, anyone who argues the Defender isn’t historically a fantastic off-road vehicle is hallucinating and too proud.
Based on your lineage, you are probably the right person to clear this up for me. I have read in a couple places that the Land Rover initially entered the scene post World War Two as a farm vehicle. But I thought that the 22nd SAS used them with great impact as hit and run raid vehicles in North Africa against Rommel's forces? I love all Broncos new and old, but there is no arguing the legendary heritage of the Defender.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No doubt they do look the upper scale mall crawler, but don't let that fool you. May not be a rock crawler but they have always been quite capable offroad. If you can keep them running...

TFL has one, at the dealer for 21+ days of the first 23 that they owned it...

There currently on their 3rd one... My buddy warned me if I was going to buy one to get two so I could have one working most of the time.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

British electrical systems used to be lucas gauges they were known in service stations as" the prince of darkness" that was years ago ,then a week ago my buddy tells me his range rover is in the shop they left a panel off the underside at the factory and a rodent chewed the steering column harness 8700.00 some things never change.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, I guess... Just looks like something the "Real Housewives of Wherever" drive.

Pass.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do people like these? It's like a premium Bronco Sport.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I know from all I have learned on this site, that isnt a real Off road vehicle.............no 35" tires. ;)
Sponsored