First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anything other than my current 17' Tacoma OR will be a step down in reliability. Lexus doesn't make any off roader I'm interested in. As soon as I saw the wrapped 4 door Bronco from a month ago or so, I noticed it had a fairly upright windshield, implying it won't be a fast vehicle. If there isn't a fast version of the Bronco, I'll pass.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anything other than my current 17' Tacoma OR will be a step down in reliability. Lexus doesn't make any off roader I'm interested in. As soon as I saw the wrapped 4 door Bronco from a month ago or so, I noticed it had a fairly upright windshield, implying it won't be a fast vehicle. If there isn't a fast version of the Bronco, I'll pass.
Why? This vehicle is made for off road adventure. Why would you expect it to be built for speed? I don't get it. Honestly curious

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

soon as I saw the wrapped 4 door Bronco from a month ago or so, I noticed it had a fairly upright windshield, implying it won't be a fast vehicle. If there isn't a fast version of the Bronco, I'll pass.
Why? This vehicle is made for off road adventure. Why would you expect it to be built for speed? I don't get it. Honestly curious
????
The uprightness of a windshield has nothing to do with being a fast vehicle unless you think it's limiting the top speed because of aerodynamics. If so look elsewhere for a vehicle for top speed.

If you're consider fast as in acceleration the Bronco will be pretty quick. The Hennessy lifted and tuned 2.3 Ranger is 0-60 in 4.9 seconds (same ballpark as a stock STI while weighing more and being lifted) and f150s with the 2.7 are stock 0-60 in the 6-7 second range with TONS of tuning potential.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
It boggles my mind that people who are interested in the bronco might be dissuaded if it's "not fast enough". And by not fast enough, we are still talking about the base 2.3 having close to 300hp. That's not really the point of the bronco. In my eyes at least.

Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe you guys are right, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. My personal perfect vehicle would be something like a Ranger Raptor, except with a very, very strong motor, not a diesel. I'll wait to see what the Bronco comes out with.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will admit it caught my attention. Didn't think of the Defender as a real competitor until I watched those.

I went to their website and the 2-door has a higher starting price

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 10.43.54 AM.png
Judging by just the photos there, it looks like the 2 door comes with quite a few options, while the 4-door appears to have a stripped version as the starting model.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Judging by just the photos there, it looks like the 2 door comes with quite a few options, while the 4-door appears to have a stripped version as the starting model.
Correct, currently you can only get the 2 door in 'first edition' trim which includes a bunch of stuff. The 4 door 'First Edition' is $68,650. We'll probably see the real base price for the 2 door in another 6 months or so, I would expect around $45k

Ford Bronco New Land Rover Defender ad 1582129933490

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I thought they weren't even selling the 2 door in North America?

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I thought they weren't even selling the 2 door in North America?
They are, somewhat surprisingly. The 4 door was available first last year, but the 2 door first edition is available to order now.

Sponsored

Inthefive555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Who buys a SUV to go fast? Warranty isn't going to help you if it dies on a trail
Have we forgotten how ridiculously expansive the aftermarket will be? If it's a true Wrangler competitor, you're about to see the Ford aftermarket *explode* when the Bronco is released. There will literally be nothing you'd want and couldn't get at a price point you pick.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have we forgotten how ridiculously expansive the aftermarket will be? If it's a true Wrangler competitor, you're about to see the Ford aftermarket *explode* when the Bronco is released. There will literally be nothing you'd want and couldn't get at a price point you pick.
I'm referring to the land rover. Not the Bronco.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems legit

AldoRay

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With all the talk of the new Defender I thought I would post this. I bought this two days ago. Like others, I am concerned about reliability, so I bought a 2 year extension on the warranty. This thing is strong, every model comes standard with the air suspension so you can give yourself a 3” lift. And then at 50,000 miles you can spend thousands and thousands of dollars fixing the air suspension. Some very trick features on this, I’m really enjoying this vehicle.

169EFAB2-874B-42D2-A4EA-09770ACD69DB.png

68F9C708-5086-4E75-88C2-813FDE804749.jpeg

50DF072B-D73D-47FB-8322-88E65A839367.jpeg
Sponsored