Sponsored

New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door.

xdvgx

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Kearyclose

Badlands
First Name
Keary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know the roof weight? This is cool, but looks like overkill.
I have manual hoists for motorized bikes in my garage, which I was thinking of trying.
I think it's 88 pds.

timbal1963

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB WT, Hellcat Redeye Widebody, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Installed this setup last weekend. I think the cable clamps they sent are too big for the cable, but that is just a minor issue. I had to adjust the setup a little due to the cable orientation. Basically, the cable would roll up on the reel on one side and create an issue when Raising the top Using the supplied directions. I adjusted the angle of the winch to align with the cable and the issue went away. This is a nice setup if you can figure those things out.
Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. 1F01D9FD-E98A-45B7-8523-975AD80D53E9
Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. 9B0539E5-8E3F-4909-8EA9-72E32086430A

Reactions: Cat

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Absolutely. That and the clips ...
Very steep at $600.
What's the saying... They are very proud of their work? LOL
It is a very slick set up.

It's giving me ideas. I have unistrut laying around. The clips might prove to be the tricky part.
https://www.ratchetdepot.com/images/4-fh42274x198.png?crc=515855273

I'm not good with mechanics, but couldn't you purchase two flat hooks (like the ones above) for each lift point on the back top, and then a J hook for the front of top (I have a 2dr), and then custom three straps to a center point on the pulley winch and lift? Do you need to have the flat bar level to the top of roof for it to work, or can you simply attach to pulley and lift?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not good with mechanics, but couldn't you purchase two flat hooks (like the ones above) for each lift point on the back top, and then a J hook for the front of top (I have a 2dr), and then custom three straps to a center point on the pulley winch and lift? Do you need to have the flat bar level to the top of roof for it to work, or can you simply attach to pulley and lift?
I'd like some big flat hooks for the rear, like you have pictured, maybe bigger yet, and I use regular hooks on the steel tabs up front.

I have played around with a home built center point lift (pulley system) and some ratchet straps.
On the 2dr, the balance point is just in front of the back glass hinge , maybe 4 or 6 inches.

It worked, but to get something to work CORRECTLY and SAFELY , you'll spend more than a 4 point cable lift system, which I ended up ordering and have just received but not yet installed.

I used two straps up front, one to each corner from the single lifting hook, and I used one strap from rear hinge area over the hook to the other hinge area in the rear.

Here's one of the first attempts:
Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. 1665100595826

Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. 1665100653373

Later on, I set it on my pull behind yard cart/trailer and I could move it around, like out of the garage so I could keep the topless Bronco in there overnight. Just kept the top off all weekend usually.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd like some big flat hooks for the rear, like you have pictured, maybe bigger yet, and I use regular hooks on the steel tabs up front.

I have played around with a home built center point lift (pulley system) and some ratchet straps.
On the 2dr, the balance point is just in front of the back glass hinge , maybe 4 or 6 inches.

It worked, but to get something to work CORRECTLY and SAFELY , you'll spend more than a 4 point cable lift system, which I ended up ordering and have just received but not yet installed.

I used two straps up front, one to each corner from the single lifting hook, and I used one strap from rear hinge area over the hook to the other hinge area in the rear.

Later on, I set it on my pull behind yard cart/trailer and I could move it around, like out of the garage so I could keep the topless Bronco in there overnight. Just kept the top off all weekend usually.
That's kinda what I'm thinking too. Looks like it works well enough to at least get the top off, but definitely want to be safe.

I like the front option of using two hooks into the front corners, but would like to use the flat hook into the lift points on each side. What if you line up the cable lift system and center it on the back point, even with the flat hook lift points (near your center point in front of the rear window). Would that be balanced? Once off I could lower it to the floor and onto another strap and wrap back to to the hoist to ensure it would not detach from the flat hooks.

Definitely keep me in the loop, looks great. Will you have your lift on a rail system? Would that help? What kind of hoist did you order?

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4" x 27' Blue Winch Strap with Flat Hook (uscargocontrol.com)

Here's a web site with all sorts of stuff that might help custom build a hard top lift.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last night, I had thought this was a vendor's thread and I didn't want to call out a competitors product.

But since I see now that it isn't...
I just ended up getting a Harken Hoister from a marine supply place, but they have them on Amazon and all over, if you care to search.

The biggest issue I found was finding an anti reversing block for the system. Finding something to tie off to was getting to be a chore.
There was a cheap $20 deer hoisting device from Harbour Freight that had a locking system, but it required A LOT of pull strength to operate it.
The Harken I ordered is a 6:1 ratio, so my wife should be able to one hand it.
As an example
https://www.extremeterrain.com/hark...OpkGkoI8TObQESu6GlEaAnSREALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. 1666276948916

Yes, definitely need something like this to fit nicely in the lift point on the top. Why hasn't a vendor come out with something so simple but yet so effective like this?

Sponsored

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model