Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's interesting, I had thought mounting lamps in a place that should be empty (for approach angle) wouldn't have too many options?

If you aren't ever going to climb anything or pull the bumper caps then they would work. Although the mirror mounted light pods have a great advantage to the distance they can throw light.

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's interesting, I had thought mounting lamps in a place that should be empty (for approach angle) wouldn't have too many options?

If you aren't ever going to climb anything or pull the bumper caps then they would work. Although the mirror mounted light pods have a great advantage to the distance they can throw light.
You have to remember that 95% plus of these Broncos won't ever drive off-road , Those extra lights will come in handy at night in the WalMart parking lot to locate a cart.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to remember that 95% plus of these Broncos won't ever drive off-road , Those extra lights will come in handy at night in the WalMart parking lot to locate a cart.
That 95% number is absurdly high...just say ā€œI will never drive off road so I want to feel better by saying no one willā€.

Sponsored

MikeCt

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can they be wired to the installed auxiliary switches?

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

True enough. Although it looks like this setup intelligently mounts at the top which should still allow removing the caps and increasing approach by a couple of inches at least (although with more expensive consequences for needing more). I might do one at the very inside, but I don't think I'd do three in that location for the reason you state. However, gotta remember that the auxiliary light rules in most places are specifically targeted to lights above the stock headlights...which makes maximizing that lower real estate more important for many people. The mirror mount pods will be pretty much illegal for road use, whereas the lower lights would not be and the lower position is probably better for specific application, ie, fog.

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i like the lights in the bumper for durability. I wonder how the mirror/A-pillar lights will fair going through a car wash? Where I live the more lights the better when the deer are on the move. But for $970 theyā€™ve got to be practical.
Sponsored