Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Saw the new 4DR Land Rover Defender on the road today (not quick enough to snap a pic). Man did LR brick it hard on that truck! Let me say I absolutely LOVE the original Defenders, would get one in a heartbeat if they weren't as overpriced as they are today. But this new Defender is a joke. Yes, it is luxurious, strong off road (from what I've read), but it essentially looked like a redesigned LR4, which to be clear I actually liked a lot as family hauler. The new 2DR Defender doesn't look quite as offensive, but man did LR miss a golden opportunity to really crush it (ala Ford w/ the Bronco), but missed horribly, at least on looks.
Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. I was actually planning on getting on before the announcement of the Bronco and I'm glad I didn't. Went to see one in person and thought they would try to design it like the originals. Missed opportunity.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't really get why the 2 door 15k more than the 4 door. They have all these different trims for the 4 door, but the there is only one for the 2 door at 65k. I will stick with the bronco

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah, they really dropped the ball on that. The Defender 90 was a gorgeous beast, but the new version is a neutered pet style-wise. And there is really no substitute for open roof, doors off freedom.

Heebi Geebi

Wildtrak
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Saw the new 4DR Land Rover Defender on the road today (not quick enough to snap a pic). Man did LR brick it hard on that truck! Let me say I absolutely LOVE the original Defenders, would get one in a heartbeat if they weren't as overpriced as they are today. But this new Defender is a joke. Yes, it is luxurious, strong off road (from what I've read), but it essentially looked like a redesigned LR4, which to be clear I actually liked a lot as family hauler. The new 2DR Defender doesn't look quite as offensive, but man did LR miss a golden opportunity to really crush it (ala Ford w/ the Bronco), but missed horribly, at least on looks.
Check out the Ineos Grenadier coming out next year

Sponsored

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was planning on getting the new defender. Price tag was a bit high but I figure 55k tops I can get a base model and add the rest over time.

it’s not modular which was the first turnoff. I do like the look of it but I saw it in person and that back space is SMALL. Then there’s the part where my dealer is charging $10k above MSRP

when I saw the bronco it was a done deal.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Check out the Ineos Grenadier coming out next year
That looks really nice. I would want one of those but it looks like it’s not coming to USA?

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was it waiting for a tow?

Heebi Geebi

Wildtrak
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That looks really nice. I would want one of those but it looks like it’s not coming to USA?
Well, damn. I thought it would come to us in 2021. However, not all is lost:

"The Grenadier will be initially launched in Europe next year, but the North American market is very much on the radar, says Tennant, though he won't be pinned down on timing. "From a regulatory point of view and a distribution point of view, it's tricky," he admits. "We really need to make sure that we don't go into the U.S. without having everything lined up."

I'm hearing a lot of speculation that it will be sold/serviced through Mercedes dealers since the engine is made by them. I was hooked on the Grenadier because the new Defender just isn't cutting it for me. However, the Bronco knocked the Grenadier down to 2nd place on my list.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While there are some choices out there, I think Bronco clearly rises to the top. Let's take a closer look: 1. The current K-Blazer nameplate is the most embarasing mistake and lost opportunity GM has made as far as I can remember. 2. The new Defender is an interesting model-as long as you don't mind spending a lot of money for a vehicle that is anything except what it is supposed to be., which is a re-invention of one of the most venerable suvs ever. Another lost opportunity and in addition to the initial expense of this brand, these vehicles are best sold by the time their warranties expire. 3. Wrangler. A solid brand and proven nameplate, but a bit long in the tooth at this point. Hopefully the competition of the bronco will elevate the development of the jeep. It needs it. I firmly believe that the bronco will hold its own against the jeep off road while being a more enjoyable DD and offering options and accessories that up the game. 4. Toyota. Again, a great contribution to the off road community, but like jeep, it needs a well-deserved growth spurt. While no one vehicle will be all things to all people, in my humble opinion, ford knocked this one out of the park. They focused on the generation one, not the various successive iterations. And boy were they true to the legend while balancing contemporary technology. TGIB (Thank God its Bronco!) :cool:

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought a 94 Defender 90 softtop (green) and a 95 Defender 90 hardtop (blue/white) new from the dealer when they came out. Before they hit dealers, I saw a yellow Def 90 at the Boston auto show and it was love at first sight. I knew then I had to have it.

I've been anticipating the new Defender for years now. It's been coming for so long, I can't remember. Anyway, I saw the first one in person a couple weeks ago and, hmmmn, what a dud! It looks hardly indistinguishable from, yes an LR4 or any other new LR rounded vehicles. L.R. had an opportunity to design something amazing, yet they came up with something boring. The Defender I saw had large rims and low profile highway tires. Might as well have been a f_cking sedan! Conclusion: New Defender SUCKS!, even though it might be off-road capable.

The Bronco embodies everything that Land Rover should have done, but didn't. An iconic, rough looking, modern beast with presence!

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is one of the reasons I think I like the 6G soo much. It reminds me of the 90's Defender 90. I've been out of following LR for a while now. Do they still do the 130?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, damn. I thought it would come to us in 2021. However, not all is lost:

"The Grenadier will be initially launched in Europe next year, but the North American market is very much on the radar, says Tennant, though he won't be pinned down on timing. "From a regulatory point of view and a distribution point of view, it's tricky," he admits. "We really need to make sure that we don't go into the U.S. without having everything lined up."

I'm hearing a lot of speculation that it will be sold/serviced through Mercedes dealers since the engine is made by them. I was hooked on the Grenadier because the new Defender just isn't cutting it for me. However, the Bronco knocked the Grenadier down to 2nd place on my list.
That’s good to hear they are at least talking about it. I emailed them and said if they want to ship one to me for testing I’d be more than glad to take it and run all the tests state side for them?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought a 94 Defender 90 softtop (green) and a 95 Defender 90 hardtop (blue/white) new from the dealer when they came out. Before they hit dealers, I saw a yellow Def 90 at the Boston auto show and it was love at first sight. I knew then I had to have it.

I've been anticipating the new Defender for years now. It's been coming for so long, I can't remember. Anyway, I saw the first one in person a couple weeks ago and, hmmmn, what a dud! It looks hardly indistinguishable from, yes an LR4 or any other new LR rounded vehicles. L.R. had an opportunity to design something amazing, yet they came up with something boring. The Defender I saw had large rims and low profile highway tires. Might as well have been a f_cking sedan! Conclusion: New Defender SUCKS!, even though it might be off-road capable.

The Bronco embodies everything that Land Rover should have done, but didn't. An iconic, rough looking, modern beast with presence!
This is what happens when TaTa motors owns something

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is one of the reasons I think I like the 6G soo much. It reminds me of the 90's Defender 90. I've been out of following LR for a while now. Do they still do the 130?
No. Not yet at least
Sponsored