Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So why get a maverick over a ranger?
Or vice versa?

I know they are different, but it seems they are so similar they are just going to take sales from each other and not amount to many “new” sales.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Or vice versa?

I know they are different, but it seems they are so similar they are just going to take sales from each other and not amount to many “new” sales.
I like that it is smaller than a Ranger, and has much better gas mileage. It would be a much better daily driver while still having a bed for truck tasks.

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or vice versa?

Because it’s better to compete with yourself over competition. This one is smaller and easy to drive in urban areas. For the people who didn’t know they wanted a truck. Ranger is too intimidating for that buyer.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or vice versa?

This is what the Ranger should have been. Not that the current Ranger isn't a nice truck but it's big. The old Ranger was popular because it was small. Trucks keep getting bigger and bigger.

So many different folks are going to want the Maverick from guys that have a 3 hour drive to construction sites, people in bands, city folk, to soccer moms ect ect...

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or vice versa?

Apparently it's the cheapest pickup in America, and the cheapest hybrid of any type. It should eat sales from traditional gas saver commuters.

Deleted member 3063

Or vice versa?
I don't think Ford is going to be marketing Mav against Ranger though there will be some loss.

Think about it this way, better mpg, lower price, more features and tons more room than a

HONDA CIVIC
Which would you chose, if you had to?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ranger is going to siphon more sales from Escape and Explorer buyers. A short PU bed is far more practical than a close SUV bed for most people.

Ranger buyers are people who want a Tacoma but don't want to actually own an import. My dad will probably buy a Maverick, but would never buy a Ranger because "it's almost as big and expensive as an F-150 - buy one of those instead"

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife wants a small truck. The ranger is nearly the same size as an f150 and the same price for less.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Or vice versa?

With a fully loaded 22 OBX 4Door Bronco and squatched on the way as my fun/off-road vehicle I’m highly considering the Maverick as my daily driver.

I was always going to keep my 2013 F150 FX4 that’s been paid off for a while, but with current trade-in values, rising gas prices, and living in the salt belt it makes sense to trade in the F150 now before issues arise. A decently optioned XLT Maverick should come at minimal cost out of pocket to me after trade in. I’ve only ever towed a minimal amount of times with the F150 anyways.

Main reason to answer your question would be the 40mpg and price. If they came out and said it was 25mpg I wouldn’t be thinking. I’d also like to have a pickup/bed. Never considered the Ranger or any other compact pickup because starting price for a base and fuel economy.
Sponsored

Last edited: