CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2021 RAM TRX, 2023 GMC Denali HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be cool to see it after you get the upgrades.
You Bet.

I plan to continue updating this thread as my build progresses.

I setup my Window tint appointment for tomorrow afternoon.
Looking at the nose of this thing, I am thinking I may do the protective film on the lead edge of the hood as well. My tint shop offers that stuff as well. I have used the same Tint shop on almost all my vehicles now for over 35 years. It's about a 2-hour trek back to my hometown to get it done. But it gives me some time to also get more familiar with my new vehicles along the way.

I have my amazon door pocket stuff setting here as well; however, I am just getting a feel for how I like my seat setup, then I can figure out if I really want or have room to put those door pockets in or if they would intrude to much in the leg and foot areas, that sort of thing.

I also got my garage doors and security gates all programed into my home link buttons.
As well as setup my phone and apple car play.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You Bet.

I plan to continue updating this thread as my build progresses.

I setup my Window tint appointment for tomorrow afternoon.
Looking at the nose of this thing, I am thinking I may do the protective film on the lead edge of the hood as well. My tint shop offers that stuff as well. I have used the same Tint shop on almost all my vehicles now for over 35 years. It's about a 2-hour trek back to my hometown to get it done. But it gives me some time to also get more familiar with my new vehicles along the way.

I have my amazon door pocket stuff setting here as well; however, I am just getting a feel for how I like my seat setup, then I can figure out if I really want or have room to put those door pockets in or if they would intrude to much in the leg and foot areas, that sort of thing.

I also got my garage doors and security gates all programed into my home link buttons.
As well as setup my phone and apple car play.
I never really thought about white, but what're doing sure looks classy. Can't wait to see it!

Denton, where I live, has a good tint shop that I've used before. However, I found out my stepbrother in College Station now does tint and so I'll be taking a backroad journey down there the next time I go home to Houston. Always love those chances to get off the interstate! Especially East Texas and Central Texas. And eastern Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri ... 😁

He's advocating nano-ceramic and windshield tint for the heat savings, which I'll probably go for, but it's pricey. Seems to be a theme with the vehicle modding... lol

OP
OP
CC1999

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats what I use too. nano-ceramic. Good stuff.
I am getting older, so tinting the windshield probably not a good idea for me.
At times I now find myself rolling down my 20% tinted side windows to see my mirrors at night when parking and stuff.

My tint shop has always used Madico Window films. That is one of the premier brands in the window film industry for decades now.

Premium cars require matching performance from their window tint. WINCOS, a nano-ceramic IR automotive film, combines beauty with sound scientific research for the ultimate in window film style and performance.

• IR film that rejects up to 92% of infrared rays
• Ceramic, metal-free construction
• Color-stable
• High performance
• Reduces glare
• Provides over 99% UV protection
• Offered in a variety of shades
• Minimizes fading of interiors and protects finishes
• Holds broken glass together in the event of an accident

WINCOS Premium Nano-Ceramic Auto Window Tint | Madico

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First mod done !
New low profile bull bar installed .
Much cleaner look Imho .
ACC8CB9E-B6E6-493C-AC37-99118C1EE54F.jpeg
DF70D51A-D10D-4284-9333-31C46361436B.jpeg
AEFFDF94-7F61-43D6-A9E1-AFD21A89462A.jpeg
9B92B5F0-3743-44F6-B8CF-23AA8F19F3F2.jpeg

Then got the dealer advertisement decals off, and installed the paper tag they sent in the glove box.
EAAFE934-C03C-4DFD-BDD2-DA6C5944CE93.jpeg
How's the interference (if any) between the low bull bar and camera?

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any of you have the combination lock unlock pad know if that spot on above the last number supposed to be there or is that just a paint flaw ?
435DF5A4-46D8-44E4-A8F4-729F111F04AF.jpeg
Thats an led that flashes. Congrats! I just got my oxford White WT last week!

Sponsored
OP
OP
CC1999

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How's the interference (if any) between the low bull bar and camera?
None, the advertisement and video, that I posted a couple pages back, had touted it as such, that it was supposed to be clear of the camera view.

I can now confirm that it does not interfere with the front camera view at all.

The Ford one was clear of the camera view as well, only I never liked how tall the Ford bar was, and how it covered up my BRONCO letters making it look more like a BONO. LOL

I think the shorter one really looks a lot cleaner IMO.

OP
OP
CC1999

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
CC1999

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Start / Stop Eliminator has been installed.

Falken Tires have been orderd.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yeah, forgot to add, the "windshield tint" he claims is only a heat shield and it doesn't actually tint (it wasn't legal in TX until a few years ago). Here's the pic he sent on Bronco they did that has the nano-ceramic windshield treatment. I'm not even sure if it goes inside or out...

I'm right there with you though; having a job sitting at a computer, I got tired eyes. I don't go for limo tint. Who can see at night with that stuff?

On another note they use Llumar.

Ford Bronco New Member and new Bronco owner / 2 DR Badlands Build A2448E89-B2B7-40F5-A8E9-451B566F8028.JPG

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, having seen it not on a phone, now I think I get it: It's the black bar across the top. Hmm, might have to see it in person; the janky useless sun visor on my 2dr won't get used on the windshield, but I'd have to see that and see if it'd bother me. It also reminds me of the 80's.

Last edited:

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: Ok, the top part is called an eyebrow and I will NOT be getting that (too tall, that's where I see out the window). He also said there are clear versions that only work on the heat. He says you can't tell it even has a coating (which leads me to wonder...).

OP
OP
CC1999

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The tint strip on the top, would be problematic for me, I am still getting use to stopping a little bit further back at intersections so I can see the lights. The windshield is really short on the bronco. If I stop where I normally stop in my pickups at certain intersection in the bronco, I can’t see the traffic lights without leaning forward and craning my neck a bit to watch for the light to change.
i know I would not want that area tinted, and I am pretty sure that line between tint to clear would be right in my natural line sight and would not be something I would like.

Now having had jeeps before with this very vertical style windshield, I was planning to ask if they had a clear film material they could put on the outside to protect the glass from rock chips and damages that vertical windshields are know to be very prone to getting. That is something I would be interested in. Having the Lux with all the tech goodies, I am sure this thing has a windshield that is not cheap to replace. I had a citadel Jeep commander years ago, and it had a lot of tech in its vertical windshield and that thing was really prone to chips and damages and it cost around $1300 to replace it. I think it would be money well spent to try and protect the bronco’s windshield.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's why I can't use the sun visors; I lose the 35% of the windshield I actually look out of! I added a comment right above that explains what Ben said about what's in the picture. You might be able to get PPF on the windshield, although I guess if it bubbled or otherwise delaminated that could be an issue. I wish I could find something that kept bug guts from gluing to the windshield.

OP
OP
CC1999

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea, I think we were both typing at the same time, I saw your reply above about the visibility, right after I posted mine.

Your probably right, if there was delaminating it would be a problem.
i thought I would ask later this afternoon just in case some new material, or something that was made specifically to protect against windshield chips was available I would be interested.

I typically park inside at home and at the office, heat rejection only is probably not worth it for me.
‘Also, I am not really seeing this Bronco as my go to vehicle in the stable for long road trips.
My trucks are really my preferred road trip vehicles.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a good point about the garaging. I would (do) take it on longer drives. With my old truck, there were times I couldn't buckle the seat belt for awhile because it was 900 degs. Now I have a garage though, that would only be if I went to a movie or whatnot. Worth thinking if the $300 is worth it.
Sponsored