Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you tried riding around with only the rear clamshell off and front/middle on? I saw this in the Moab testing videos. Seems like I saw low-speed might be OK, not sure. Would love to see video or pics that show how the middle connects and why it will/will not work.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
like this, but middle section too:
Ford Bronco New MIC owners, bikini style? 8A722F54-634B-43AB-A337-4C97FCA4C212

Last edited:

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The guy who made a review where his GOAT mode malfunctioned, also made a follow up video where he said he would not recommend this setup. There is nothing latching down the backend. My thought is a rear bracket spanning the roll bars will be needed to lock down the rear clips. At least for high(er) speed driving.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as your passengers all grab a side of the roof to hold on, I’m sure it’ll be fine… (kidding, of course).

OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thought is a rear bracket spanning the roll bars will be needed to lock down the rear clips. At least for high(er) speed driving.
That’s what I’m thinking too; hopefully an aftermarket company will see this as an opportunity.

I’d ride like that a lot, keeping only the panels on and an aftermarket quick snap cover for the cargo area if it rains.

Sponsored

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s what I’m thinking too; hopefully an aftermarket company will see this as an opportunity.

I’d ride like that a lot, keeping only the panels on and an aftermarket quick snap cover for the cargo area if it rains.
Same here. Big selling point seeing that during testing and "knowing" that I could recreate my '89 summer driving experience. Whoops!

• Haha
Reactions: 1IH

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good to know there are some true OG’s in here. This is my first bronco and I always thought the negative to the bronco was the fact that the top over the front seats couldn’t be removed from the hardtop models.

I stated the same as above in my review thread. Front panels only at hwy Speeds will at best cause stress and wear and tear on the remaining latch points once the rear is off and at worst it will cause a panel to come off at speed. I’d think for actual wheeling you’d be in the same scenario with the frame/body torquing back and forth constantly.
Sponsored