First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sadly, the Just In Time (JIT) vehicle sequencing, which all automakers use in modern times, will not allow this.
You are correct. At any sort of scale larger than “my friends and I want Broncos”, JIT manufacturing is more efficient, practical, and effective.
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sadly, the Just In Time (JIT) vehicle sequencing, which all automakers use in modern times, will not allow this.
So much for JIT. Sometimes it makes sense to have parts on the shelf. The same goes for out sourcing, especially if those parts are coming from a country that has ambitions contrary to ours.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So much for JIT. Sometimes it makes sense to have parts on the shelf. The same goes for out sourcing, especially if those parts are coming from a country that has ambitions contrary to ours.
not going to happen.

andysaurus_rex

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any of these new orders badlands or wildtrak with soft top? Wondering how long your seeing for a new badlands or wiltrak with soft top to get scheduled now a days?
Sorry for the late reply, usually they'll schedule in about 2 weeks for a build date about a month or two out. Badlands/Sasquatch/wildtrack doesn't seem to be a limiting factor to build time.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The constraint is that half will be going to raptors now.
The good news is most all those early reservation folks that swap to Raptors probably had MIC equipped Broncos ordered anyways...

Oh wait who am I kidding? some walk in will be riding around in a Raptor while us day one folks are still waiting for our regular Broncos.

Sponsored

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EDIT: The Bronco Nation live chat clarified that MIC hardtops are still constrained.

Original post:

I just got off the phone with Ford support (800-392-3673). It was a lengthy phone call with a friendly support person but these things were of note:

1. She said the recommendation to switch to a soft top to get your Bronco sooner is no longer true. Soft top orders are not being prioritized over hard top orders anymore as MIC production is now meeting demand for how many Broncos can be produced in a day. She said if you previously switched to a soft top to jump the line but are still not scheduled, you have been placed back in line where you would have been originally, regardless of soft or hard top.

2. She said the hard top supplier is now making about 300 MIC tops a day. Those are showing up at the factory and being installed on the Broncos that need them.

I'd love for someone else to confirm this information - she seemed to really know what she was talking about, and it's better than "my dealer said", but still.
here is the link
https://thebronconation.com/ford-confirms-mic-hard-tops-are-still-a-constraint/

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry for the late reply, usually they'll schedule in about 2 weeks for a build date about a month or two out. Badlands/Sasquatch/wildtrack doesn't seem to be a limiting factor to build time.
No worries. Thanks, that’s good to hear.

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most heavy rental trailers (6 x12, dual wheel) will use surge brakes and not electric. Those still only need a 4 pin connection. When you slam on the brakes, the forward movement of the trailer against the slowing vehicle presses on a hydraulic actuator to activate the brakes. No wiring needed. As Efthreeoh says, most states do not require trailer brakes until you get over 3k. California government and rules? Well, they just seem to really like electric stuff (non ice) so perhaps that’s perhaps they are just confused.
Surge brakes require a 5 pin system so you can back up with out getting out of your vehical to ingage a locking pin that bypasses the solenoid.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Surge brakes require a 5 pin system so you can back up with out getting out of your vehical to ingage a locking pin that bypasses the solenoid.
Perhaps on some, but all the trailers I’ve rented with surge brakes over that past 30 years used a standard 4 pin connection, not a 7 pin. Backing up can be a pain but I’ve only had issues when make a hard turn while backing. Just rented a car hauler a couple of years ago. Same thing and I had a 7 pin connector on my truck but needed to use my 7 to 4 pin adapter.

Maybe rentals are different and only use a manual lock. I know it is an option on cargo trailers I’ve looked at to purchase.

Last edited:

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4runner and Discovery comes to mind. Bronco is a convertible. Obviously there are design challenges a fixed roof vehicle doesn't have, and more expensive as well. Also remember Bronco starts at $30K, far less than " luxury" models. I think it's fair to say Bronco isn't trying to be a luxury vehicle even though you can spend $60k. G wagon comes to mind if you want luxury but it's 3X badlands price.
More. I saw a used one for $160K at a local dealership. They had a special AMG version for $190. It had a sweet military grey-green paint job.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I switched to soft top because I realized it was the better top to fully enjoy the Bronco. A sun shade with a synthetic down blanket gives me more insulation than the MIC has.

Happy there was not a demand for the soft top and that alone probably vaulted me to the top of my dealerships allocation.
Some of us who want a 2-door wish we had that option. :(

Anyone who trades away options they really want to get their truck a month or two earlier is a fool. Rationalize it to you friends, us on this forum, or any other swinging dick who will nod in approval to your face then turn and roll his eyes but you fucked yourself because you didn't have the patience to just fucking wait and get what you wanted. JMO. I waited 520 days but I'm getting what I FUCKING ORDERED. DID FORD fuck us? Of course. Don't double down and fuck yourself too.
Completely agree. I'm waiting for what I want. In the meantime I also ordered another vehicle. Better taking matters into my own hands than complaining, although I enjoy that, too. :)

Looks like it's going to beat the Bronco, despite the Bronco having well over a year head start, much longer if you count the reservation date. Best of both worlds (I hope). Will decide what to keep later, maybe both. You can't trust Ford to deliver.
Sponsored