Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Both Karen and Esteban could be telling the truth, but Esteban might be talking about current production whereas Karen is talking about production in the March timeframe currently being scheduled.

The new Webasto roof plant in New Hudson is supposed to open up this quarter.
Could be, but we are talking about production team versus market helpline people. There is a huge pay grade difference.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m sure Karen is a lovely lady, but this is really bad advice. 300 a day = severely constrained. No ifs ands or buts. This isn’t going to change anytime soon.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can buy the same parts from ford. Unlike my F150, the factory towing package on a Bronco, is the hitch assembly and 7/4 pin wiring. A 4 or 7 pin and be easily added later. Only difference between the two, is the 7 allows for accessories, mainly electric brakes on the trailer. If you’re not in a hurry and are more comfortable having the factory install, I’d certainly wait. Mine will be a DIY. Best to you!
I’ve been under my Bronco looking at the OEM receiver and wiring install. Bolting on the receiver means taking off the bumper, at least on the Badlands. It’s not as straightforward as my F150 install. Not impossible but not super-easy.

OP
OP
utah.bronco.badlands

utah.bronco.badlands

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure Karen is a lovely lady, but this is really bad advice. 300 a day = severely constrained. No ifs ands or buts. This isn’t going to change anytime soon.
300/day is 9000 a month. So far they’ve been able to make 10,800 broncos in their best month. I wouldn’t say that’s severely constrained, and the additional Webasto plant is opening this quarter.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great news as far as progress. Hopefully production gets caught up so they can start producing tops to sell over the parts counter next year. My only complaint about the soft top is no rear defrost/wiper in the winter.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been under my Bronco looking at the OEM receiver and wiring install. Bolting on the receiver means taking off the bumper, at least on the Badlands. It’s not as straightforward as my F150 install. Not impossible but not super-easy.
the curt hitch let’s you bolt from the opposite side of the factory hitch so you don’t have to remove the bumper. 1 step install

https://www.curtmfg.com/part/13493

Ford Bronco [Updated] 300 MIC tops produced per day, but still constrained 1642819321764

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

300/day is 9000 a month. So far they’ve been able to make 10,800 broncos in their best month. I wouldn’t say that’s severely constrained, and the additional Webasto plant is opening this quarter.
I don’t know exactly how many webasto is building a day or how many days a week they are working. I know for a fact the MIC top will be constrained into the summer at least. Maybe longer.

DarthMcVader

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fl150 super crew fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is typically only 21 working days in a month unless these factories run 7 days a week. So they really would be closer to 6300 or so. Still sounds a bit light. I'm not even sure if they have replaced all the tops already sold. Lately people have been able to place orders with soft tops as late as 12/21 and already have a build date while others (mostly MIC) that have had reservations since day 1. I went soft top and just ordered a week ago. No build date "but my dealer said" 🍻 he thinks I will have a build date next month when scheduling rolls back around for April.

Sponsored

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As bad as I wanted a MIC top, after reading reviews in magazines, and watching reviews on the net. At least 50% of them complain of road noise, rattles, wind noise. I dont know if i want a webasto roof. Hoping the painted hardtop is sourced through a different supplier. Plus if there only making 300 MIC roofs a day soon to be 600+ when they open the second plant, it will take a while to build enough supplies up for us to be able to buy one as an accessory at the dealer. Crossing my fingers those other 3rd party companies making the aftermark hard top come out with a higher quality one at a fair price.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t know exactly how many webasto is building a day or how many days a week they are working. I know for a fact the MIC top will be constrained into the summer at least. Maybe longer.
How do you know that for a fact?

BOSCOB55

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just got off the phone with Ford support (800-392-3673). It was a lengthy phone call with a friendly support person but these things were of note:

1. She said the recommendation to switch to a soft top to get your Bronco sooner is no longer true. Soft top orders are not being prioritized over hard top orders anymore as MIC production is now meeting demand for how many Broncos can be produced in a day. She said if you previously switched to a soft top to jump the line but are still not scheduled, you have been placed back in line where you would have been originally, regardless of soft or hard top.

2. She said the hard top supplier is now making about 300 MIC tops a day. Those are showing up at the factory and being installed on the Broncos that need them.

I'd love for someone else to confirm this information - she seemed to really know what she was talking about, and it's better than "my dealer said", but still.
I hope the quality has improved

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As bad as I wanted a MIC top, after reading reviews in magazines, and watching reviews on the net. At least 50% of them complain of road noise, rattles, wind noise. I dont know if i want a webasto roof. Hoping the painted hardtop is sourced through a different supplier. Plus if there only making 300 MIC roofs a day soon to be 600+ when they open the second plant, it will take a while to build enough supplies up for us to be able to buy one as an accessory at the dealer. Crossing my fingers those other 3rd party companies making the aftermark hard top come out with a higher quality one at a fair price.
The factor rag top is a real compromise. Read the complaints. Any after market hard top is going to be way more expensive than the MIC would have been on an factory order. Quality comparison between MIC and future hard tops is pure speculation.
Sponsored