Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am going to call this number until I can talk to Karen and maybe she can shed some light as to why my 9pm 7/13 res still hasn't been scheduled.
You think Karen, who is about to get inundated with calls like this from the forum, is going to have this answer?
Sponsored

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can buy the same parts from ford. Unlike my F150, the factory towing package on a Bronco, is the hitch assembly and 7/4 pin wiring. A 4 or 7 pin and be easily added later. Only difference between the two, is the 7 allows for accessories, mainly electric brakes on the trailer. If youā€™re not in a hurry and are more comfortable having the factory install, Iā€™d certainly wait. Mine will be a DIY. Best to you!
F150 with tow also has additional cooling integrations that you will not get on a Bronco with towing package.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well this still didnā€™t seem to help me and my 7/14 order get a build date yet. I took tow off months ago. Want a 2 door so removing mic has never been an option. Donā€™t understand how I didnā€™t get picked this time. I actually previewed in december but got bumped. Then nothing last 2 scheduling cycles.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had a 7/14 reservation, got bumped to '22, then re-ordered in October for BL, 2.7, LUX MIC and TOW. Talked to the dealer last week, switched order Saturday to remove TOW only and was given a 3/7 build date yesterday. If anything, the holdup now is TOW package. He said hardtops is no longer an issue.
When I called yesterday they said MIC, Tow, and 2.7.

I am debating removing tow and figuring out how to do the 7pin wiring myself at this point.

Reactions: LCW

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys are putting way too much faith in a 3rd party call center. They have made up some wild stuff to get people off the line many times before.
Esteban (brand manager) just said last week that the MIC is the biggest constraintā€¦but this week itā€™s no problem? Nope.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between the 4pin and 7pin harness? You canā€™t order the 7pin as I can tell. Iā€™m still hanging on to the tow for now..šŸ¤ž
7 pin adds 12v and connection for electric trailer brakes. Since most trailers at the weight the Bronco can handle donā€™t include electric brakes, I donā€™t see it as much of an issue but if you want that capability, doing it yourself isnā€™t a piece of cake but it can be done as well. The 4 pin and a hitch is a piece of cake. Just need 12v for the little transition box and connect in with the rear lights and your golden.

B1D5D86B-9FB3-4C62-A092-C1654CC159F9.jpeg

williamshafer

Black Diamond
First Name
William Shafer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve been under my Bronco looking at the OEM receiver and wiring install. Bolting on the receiver means taking off the bumper, at least on the Badlands. Itā€™s not as straightforward as my F150 install. Not impossible but not super-easy.
I watched a guy install one. He didn't have to remove the bumper. Is there a difference on rear bumpers for Badlands? His looked like a badlands, maybe SAS pkg.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You think Karen, who is about to get inundated with calls like this from the forum, is going to have this answer?
No one else has been able to provide any answers. At this point I'm desperate.

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I found out the Tow package was a big holdup and the only difference in factory was 7 pin it was a no brainer.
Is the only difference really just 7 pin? I thought there was a chip on board to integrate a brake controller?

Last edited:

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watched a guy install one. He didn't have to remove the bumper. Is there a difference on rear bumpers for Badlands? His looked like a badlands, maybe SAS pkg.
I saw a reply above that the aftermarket receivers bolt on from the front side of the bumper frame, unlike the OEM. That would make the install easier.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didnā€™t ask about that, sorry. If I get a MIC I plan to buy a Bestop to complement it. Iā€™m excited to hear you like the B&O system!
Don't be too excited, it's actually not all that good, until you replace the craptastic speakers. Once you replace the speakers - it's worlds better.

A basic comparison of the B&O is that a Honda CR-V EX-L 8 speaker system is better than the B&O from the factory; that changes with upgraded speakers, the B&O is then better than the factory Honda CR-V EX-L.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it still bewilders me that the tow package is somehow a constraint.

I thought that a while ago. But then people started ordering and receiving the receiver hitch from Ford. My guess it is chip related and more to do with the 7 pin connection.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope the quality has improved
Since November, I've seen 4 MIC tops now as of yesterday when I dropped by my dealer. All have been late builds of MY '21 Broncos. Each top looked great based on my inspection of them. Yup, just 4 tops is not a lot of data points, but they are random in time, so I'll take the four I've seen as representative samples of Webasto production quality.

The edge seams on the back piece (rear window section) of the clamshell you can see the substrate is compressed as the outer and inner panels are pinched down and fused together. Having some experience with plastics manufacturing, I don't see this as a defect, but rather as a result of the top construction design and manufacturing technique used to make the parts. One really has to look very closely for such anomalies (if in fact they are production errors); from a foot away the top surface quality and edge sealing looks very good. I'm not sure what people expect from the MIC top. It is a complex part of the vehicle and is designed to be lightweight and durable both on the vehicle and in storage off the vehicle. It needs to be lightweight so that owners can easily remove the sections, and the plastic used is intended to keep the top in decent cosmetic shape during its lifetime as compared to a sheet metal design. The intent of the Bronco is to be a reconfigurable off-road vehicle where the doors and roof can be easily removed and reinstalled. Expecting Land Rover levels of fit and finish in the price range offered is a bit of a misstep on those people's part IMO.

My point of view not Ford Fanboism or Ford Apologist meme, it's just engineering vs. price-point realism. Ford could build the hard top using carbon fiber laid up and cured in an autoclave like aerospace and race car carbon fiber parts are manufactured, but the cost would be extremely prohibitive. The Bronco 2-dr hard top base trim starts at $30K. Adding options on that grow the price to $60K is not a function of perceived MIC top, or even soft top, quality.
Sponsored

Last edited: