First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 EB FSB Bronco; 2021 Outer Banks 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you catch her name? I talked to someone that seemed (I hope) knowledgeable. I want to say her name was Desiree, but could be mistaken.
I spoke to Desiree recently regarding an issue I was having with a dealer (not the dealer I purchased my Bronco from). She put me on hold to make a phone call, and when she got back on the line she told me the dealership would be singing a different tune when I spoke to them the next time. And she was right. She takes care of business!
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a 7/14 reservation, got bumped to '22, then re-ordered in October for BL, 2.7, LUX MIC and TOW. Talked to the dealer last week, switched order Saturday to remove TOW only and was given a 3/7 build date yesterday. If anything, the holdup now is TOW package. He said hardtops is no longer an issue.

At this point, I am wondering if I get some sort of prize for getting the last Bronco to roll off the line.

7/14 rez BL 2DR 2.7TT Etc and all I get is the Joker laugh when I talk to Ford.

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there appears to be a chip somewhere in the part for the 7pin connector (with break controls) that seems to be the unobtanium right now. If you don't need the 7pin go with aftermarket, cheaper too. Many will only use the hitch to add a bike rack or cargo system, no wiring needed for that at all and you can install the hitch yourself easily.

I might need the 7 pin and from all I read here it's not easy and expensive to add later, so left it on. Nicely integrated.
I called my dealer about the tow hitch a couple weeks ago to see if removing it would speed things up (I'm a 7/19/20 reservation). He said if you are just looking to attach a bike rack, then go ahead and remove it but if you want to tow a trailer/teardrop camper/etc to leave it on because in addition to the 7 pin, Ford welds the hitch in place which is something they will not do at the dealership. He equated their hitch install to what you would get at U-Haul.

For what it's worth, he was not seeing a meaningful impact on tow hitch removals at the time and still recommended sticking with a soft top but as we all know, these things change weekly 😩

csteph01

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is Lux still a constraint?

Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FWIW, I ordered mine through dealer on 1/17/22. BB 2D, MIC, 2.7, Mid, SAS, and today I got a vin and 3/7/22 build date. I asked my dealer and he anecdotally repeated that his area rep told him that he does not believe MIC is going to be a limiting factor as they get into February.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it still bewilders me that the tow package is somehow a constraint.
It has to do with the module that supports a trailer brake controller (which is not included in the tow package, that is separate).

WHICH REMINDS ME....

For those who have zero intention on installing a trailer brake controller, just drop the tow package and go with the parts from the accessories site:
You can install it yourself, or have your dealer install it. Since it's a Ford component, no warranty concerns. Use your FordPass points to pay for it and it becomes cheaper than the tow package.

To be honest... you could probably work with your dealer and have them wave the installation fees altogether or at least discount it. They too have a vested interest in getting your Bronco sold to you sooner rather than later.

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They going to send new MIC tops to 2.0 owners? Mines not looking so hot…

Ford Bronco [Updated] 300 MIC tops produced per day, but still constrained 06FB1FB6-F3F1-4504-A937-5E48700E63CA

Sponsored

Price21100

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think it was Karen. Did Desiree say anything similar?

I spoke to Karen today and she said the same! She did seem pretty knowledgeable and loves to talk. You can definitely tell some customers have put her through the ringer... which is sad because she is 63 years old!

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I switched to soft top because I realized it was the better top to fully enjoy the Bronco. A sun shade with a synthetic down blanket gives me more insulation than the MIC has.

Happy there was not a demand for the soft top and that alone probably vaulted me to the top of my dealerships allocation.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It has to do with the module that supports a trailer brake controller (which is not included in the tow package, that is separate).

WHICH REMINDS ME....

For those who have zero intention on installing a trailer brake controller, just drop the tow package and go with the parts from the accessories site:
You can install it yourself, or have your dealer install it. Since it's a Ford component, no warranty concerns. Use your FordPass points to pay for it and it becomes cheaper than the tow package.

To be honest... you could probably work with your dealer and have them wave the installation fees altogether or at least discount it. They too have a vested interest in getting your Bronco sold to you sooner rather than later.
Just texted my sales rep to remove tow and resubmit the order. *IF* she actually responds we'll see if this gets the ball rolling.
Sponsored