First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well this still didn’t seem to help me and my 7/14 order get a build date yet. I took tow off months ago. Want a 2 door so removing mic has never been an option. Don’t understand how I didn’t get picked this time. I actually previewed in december but got bumped. Then nothing last 2 scheduling cycles.
Allocation has changed for 2022...

May the allocations be ever in your favor...
Sponsored

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know what? I dont even care anymore. There’s still webasto issues eith respect to quality. Im sticking with the soft top and will shell out the extra $ for and aftermarket option- i want a hard fastback anyway…
Ford Bronco [Updated] 300 MIC tops produced per day, but still constrained 332A853A-DCB9-4C0A-B22F-D3475CCB6ED3

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So for those that know about the 7 pin, maybe you can clarify something for me. I want the 7 pin but if I can add it later I'll drop the tow.

As we know, a 7 pin Only adds two more wires. One is a 12 volt charging wire which would be easy (At least straightforward) to add on later because you can just run it to the battery (via an ignition sense)

It's the electric brake that's the one that's questionable I would think. However looking at wrangler stuff, it seems that everyone just uses an aftermarket brake controller that has built-in brake sensing.

My point being, installing the factory 7 pin harness....yeah a huge PITA... But how difficult would it really be to add an aftermarket brake controller? The top suggestion for off road appear to be a Tekonsha P3

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got off the phone with Ford support (800-392-3673). It was a lengthy phone call with a friendly support person but these things were of note:

1. She said the recommendation to switch to a soft top to get your Bronco sooner is no longer true. Soft top orders are not being prioritized over hard top orders anymore as MIC production is now meeting demand for how many Broncos can be produced in a day. She said if you previously switched to a soft top to jump the line but are still not scheduled, you have been placed back in line where you would have been originally, regardless of soft or hard top.

2. She said the hard top supplier is now making about 300 MIC tops a day. Those are showing up at the factory and being installed on the Broncos that need them.

I'd love for someone else to confirm this information - she seemed to really know what she was talking about, and it's better than "my dealer said", but still.
300 a day, based on the stats here and the take rate of hard top Wranglers, about 85% of what people want is hardtops. 3001/0.85 = 353 Broncos a day if they did production matching the demand. That is less than 2000 a week, maybe 9K a month. Since they can produce more than that already, the hardtop is a constraint and will delay a build compared to a soft top. The Rep's comment is mathmaticaly impossible. There really isn't anything to discuss here, it simply is not true.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well this still didn’t seem to help me and my 7/14 order get a build date yet. I took tow off months ago. Want a 2 door so removing mic has never been an option. Don’t understand how I didn’t get picked this time. I actually previewed in december but got bumped. Then nothing last 2 scheduling cycles.
My 7/15/2020 Did not get a build date yet either. The 2-Door is the 2nd biggest constrained item at just 17% of all production. Only item harder to get is the paint protection film at 2%.

Esteban (brand manager) just said last week that the MIC is the biggest constraint…but this week it’s no problem? Nope.
This I believe. Only way to get a 2-Door is with MIC top. 2-door is only 17% of all production this round of scheduling. So MIC is a huge constraint.

I doubt I'll have my Bronco before I have waited 2 years. Dealer has plenty of Allocations, I am number 1 on 2 door list.

@Ford reservations are a crap show. Worst automobile roll out I have ever seen.

Sponsored

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, they are building 4,500/week. If mic top is produced 7 days, that's only 2,100. I thought 90% of orders were hard top. That's not quite enough to meet demand.
They produced about ~10K in December. I believe the 4500/week is too high.

Saddle Tramp

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350, 2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So for those that know about the 7 pin, maybe you can clarify something for me. I want the 7 pin but if I can add it later I'll drop the tow.

As we know, a 7 pin Only adds two more wires. One is a 12 volt charging wire which would be easy (At least straightforward) to add on later because you can just run it to the battery (via an ignition sense)

It's the electric brake that's the one that's questionable I would think. However looking at wrangler stuff, it seems that everyone just uses an aftermarket brake controller that has built-in brake sensing.

My point being, installing the factory 7 pin harness....yeah a huge PITA... But how difficult would it really be to add an aftermarket brake controller? The top suggestion for off road appear to be a Tekonsha P3
I had brake controller installed on my 2019 Ranger, I don’t know who made it, but it was the Ford approved one. I ordered it through Ford! It took the dealerships best mechanic, from 8:00am to 7:00pm, to install it. He told me “I wii never install another one”, That’s really good isn’t it. A Ford Mechanic stating he would never again install a product sold by Ford.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between the 4pin and 7pin harness? You can’t order the 7pin as I can tell. I’m still hanging on to the tow for now..🤞
Judy, I'm guessing that if you don't know what the significance of the 7pin adaptor is, there is a good chance you don't need it (certainly not meant as a criticism) and will be just fine with the hitch installed aftermarket with the 4 pin. I was holding out for the factory tow, I reserved 7/18/20, but didn't need it, just seemed easier to get the factory install. I finally dropped it last week and got scheduled this Thursday and I have the Badlands with the Mic top. We are being proven again and again that people are getting picked sooner without it so if that is of interest, you might strongly consider having it installed afterwards.

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right!?? My dealer said (🍻) tow packages are a dime a dozen, super easy for dealerships to get. But are showing as a restraint at MAP 🤷🏻‍♂️
The tow package is the toilet paper of the Bronco pandemic. Dealers are buying them up so MAP cannot locate.

Greg Davis

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Base
If this is in the wrong place I apologize. Before I ordered my 2-door Base Squatch I was told that I could order the soft top and do a hard top delete (I don't want two tops). Then when I ordered I was told soft tops were not available and had to stick with the hard top. Does any of this ring of the truth? I'm no where near production but would love to delete the hard top and get the soft top.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If this is in the wrong place I apologize. Before I ordered my 2-door Base Squatch I was told that I could order the soft top and do a hard top delete (I don't want two tops). Then when I ordered I was told soft tops were not available and had to stick with the hard top. Does any of this ring of the truth? I'm no where near production but would love to delete the hard top and get the soft top.
You can not get a soft top for the 2-door. 2-Door is MIC only from the Factory. 2-Door is also only 17% of February and March production, so its the hardest to get.

DreamFolise

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Jeep Scrambler, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the only difference really just 7 pin? I thought there was a chip on board to integrate a brake controller?
You’re correct, it’s the chip in the 7 pin. I assumed there was an overdrive on the transmission but all the tow kit is trailer hitch and wiring. I’ve always had 4 pin, so figured buy aftermarket.

DreamFolise

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I called yesterday they said MIC, Tow, and 2.7.

I am debating removing tow and figuring out how to do the 7pin wiring myself at this point.
All I know is I’ve been waiting since late October, I removed the tow package then 5 days later my build date comes up. Call it coincidence, but I can get an aftermarket kit.

DreamFolise

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought that a while ago. But then people started ordering and receiving the receiver hitch from Ford. My guess it is chip related and more to do with the 7 pin connection.
That’s exactly what it is
Sponsored