Sponsored

New Mike Levine tweet hints at possible future Sasquatch manual?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yikes, maybe the High lift option doesnt equate to ford dealer installed 2" lift.
Maybe not. It’s all just guesses until the build page is running next month
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting quite annoyed with Mr. Levine. You ask him a direct question and he answers with a generic response that usually has some wrong information that doesn't answer your question. If his job is to communicate, then do it clearly. Just say I can't tell you at this time if you can't...
The fact that he communicates with the community at all is pretty great. Keep in mind he has to be VERY VERY VERY careful with what he says. I don’t know if y’all work for a big company or not, but usually there are pretty strict guidelines for discussing your company on social media.

Yikes, maybe the High lift option doesnt equate to ford dealer installed 2" lift.
I also just wanted to possibly squash a rumor that I’ve heard and seen posted about the High Lift package and or the High-Clearance package.
Looks like Mike hasn’t heard of either one of these. I’m guessing they are both referring to the Sasquatch package. But I guess we’ll know for sure some time in August.......

A37020DF-4CDA-417E-A12E-0EFBBBB1B7E9.jpeg
This is just my interpretation but I think people are looking WAY too far into the high lift suspension thing. Is it possible they may offer a Sasquatch lite? Yes. But all the material so far referencing the parts of the Sasquatch package being available, are honestly just referencing the package. It won’t be separated out piecemeal unless they do the Sasquatch lite. Which I don’t see them doing honestly.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fact that he communicates with the community at all is pretty great. Keep in mind he has to be VERY VERY VERY careful with what he says. I don’t know if y’all work for a big company or not, but usually there are pretty strict guidelines for discussing your company on social media.

This is just my interpretation but I think people are looking WAY too far into the high lift suspension thing. Is it possible they may offer a Sasquatch lite? Yes. But all the material so far referencing the parts of the Sasquatch package being available, are honestly just referencing the package. It won’t be separated out piecemeal unless they do the Sasquatch lite. Which I don’t see them doing honestly.
I complete agree. But if he can't answer a question due to corporate policy, just say he can't. Instead he responds with kind of half answers that just creates more confusion and questions.

kimberbrowski

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm getting quite annoyed with Mr. Levine. You ask him a direct question and he answers with a generic response that usually has some wrong information that doesn't answer your question. If his job is to communicate, then do it clearly. Just say I can't tell you at this time if you can't...
?
That’s exactly how I interpreted the response. ”Not today” or “I can’t tell you that at this time” Is essentially the same thing. Either response or any response or no response, for for that matter, is going to piss somebody off. JMHO :unsure:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, all of this. Put on top of that if something happens to the car like an accident, have fun trading it in with that on your carfax. The optionality and reduced risk of leasing is greatly underappreciated. And people love thinking what their car is "worth" when they are trading it in, then they blindsided when the offer is $5k less than they thought.
What happens if you have an accident or have what they refer to as above reasonable wear are tear on a leased vehicle? Won't you have to pay a bundle to settle up the lease?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I worked for the same company for 37 years and they were very strict on this. When I retired, they gave me a list of competing companies I couldn't work for and advised never to say anything disparaging on social media and recommended not to engage people at all or risk my pension. I was required to sign this.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mike is one of us. Full stop. He's a huge gearhead and a superb human being.

He might be too quick to reply at times, but I'd say that goes back to his roots as the founder and moderator of pickuptrucks.com.

I am confident that the ancillary portions of the Bronco program would have been far less (if anything) without Mike's involvement.

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
What happens if you have an accident or have what they refer to as above reasonable wear are tear on a leased vehicle? Won't you have to pay a bundle to settle up the lease?
If you have an accident and get it repaired and as long as you can save your receipts to show that it was repaired, no big deal. My JLU got hammered with hail, had to replace the hood, other pieces and pull many dents out of the doors. The windshield header still had some dings. The lease company did not care. They generally have some guidelines such as no dings bigger than a quarter, no more than 2 per panel, etc...so you would need to check that for above wear and tear. The tires are the concerning ones as they have to have a minimum depth. For me, the lease worked out great as I decided I didn't want to keep it so I was done, thought of it as a 2 year test drive!

My daughter leased her Honda, and most leases do include gap. Anyway, she got into an accident, the insurance paid off the lease and she actually received a check back, I was shocked at that.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“Q. Why is the manual transmission not available with the Sasquatch package?
A. The Sasquatch Package features 17 inch wheels, 35 inch tires, electronic locking axles, a 4.7:1 final drive, high clearance suspension, Blistein shocks, and Trail Control. Some of these features require the 10-speed automatic transmission.”

So which features REQUIRE an auto transmission? Trail control?

Sponsored

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
^^ I would gladly give up trail control to have a MT...

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The man generates buzz. 9 characters by him on Twitter quickly net 43 posts on the 6G forum.

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
The man generates buzz. 9 characters by him on Twitter quickly net 43 posts on the 6G forum.
That is his job so I guess he is good at it...lol
Sponsored