Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is that guy a dealer?? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Says Long McArthur Ford right in the screenshot. :rolleyes:
And if you listened to the video you'll know that info came directly from a national sales meeting, not a dealer making things up.
Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw this tweet and am curious, what do you believe will come in 2022/23 that we donโ€™t already know about? Personally, I would love some type of dark blue color back, A/C seats, a rear camera mirror so the soft top/tire doesnโ€™t get in the way.

What do you think?
If they add A/C seats - that will make the wait totally worthwhile!! they are nearly as much a requirement as just having A/C!!!

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Or, they could have just replaced Lightning Blue with the Green and called it a day. No one would have been mad at that
Only because lIghtning blue wasnt available outside of FE. I would much prefer it to VB but I will take VB over antimatter black or cactus"wish it was robins egg" pale green blueish under the right light. I will say this atleast Mopar uses colors that are some what defineable.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If they add A/C seats - that will make the wait totally worthwhile!! they are nearly as much a requirement as just having A/C!!!
I've only ever had A/C in one vehicle and that was only for 1 summer. I have also lived in such hotspots as San Diego, Florida, and of course the tropical island of Maui. A/C isnt really a must. Honestly if it cost the same as the sasquatch package as an option, I would probably choose stronger axles over less sweat. Then of course I would be living in it because my wife would kick me out but thats the way she goes.

The only real must have I need is Mansquatch, the vinyl seats I saw on the Lightning Base model, and washout floors on the Base. Plus the 110 outlet as a standalone option. Also a performance pack for the 2.3 that puts it at 350hp/350tq. That would be my perfect 6g Bronco. Also wouldnt mind a 8 inch screen delete option. Maybe it could send whatever info is needed on there to my wifes phone(i have a flip phone). Then I could figure out how to use that room in the dash to install a mini fridge/freezer.

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've only ever had A/C in one vehicle and that was only for 1 summer. I have also lived in such hotspots as San Diego, Florida, and of course the tropical island of Maui. A/C isnt really a must. Honestly if it cost the same as the sasquatch package as an option, I would probably choose stronger axles over less sweat. Then of course I would be living in it because my wife would kick me out but thats the way she goes.

The only real must have I need is Mansquatch, the vinyl seats I saw on the Lightning Base model, and washout floors on the Base. Plus the 110 outlet as a standalone option. Also a performance pack for the 2.3 that puts it at 350hp/350tq. That would be my perfect 6g Bronco. Also wouldnt mind a 8 inch screen delete option. Maybe it could send whatever info is needed on there to my wifes phone(i have a flip phone). Then I could figure out how to use that room in the dash to install a mini fridge/freezer.
Yeah, I'm in Sacramento - it's not unusual for us to get up to 110-112 in the summer, and showing up to work with a sweaty back is not a good look when you're in management at a financial institution LOL ... Out of all the cars I've owned - only 2 of them didn't have AC (one is still in my garage - my 1971 Dodge Dart - and that only gets driven when temps are in the 60's-70's)... for me, comfort is important (heck, I got my house down to 58 degrees this morning - it was fantastic).

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, I'm in Sacramento - it's not unusual for us to get up to 110-112 in the summer, and showing up to work with a sweaty back is not a good look when you're in management at a financial institution LOL ... Out of all the cars I've owned - only 2 of them didn't have AC (one is still in my garage - my 1971 Dodge Dart - and that only gets driven when temps are in the 60's-70's)... for me, comfort is important (heck, I got my house down to 58 degrees this morning - it was fantastic).
I guess A/C is just a higher class than me issue. I drip with sweat 15 minutes into my job a 7:15 am rushing to setup the farmstand and get coconuts prepped. I can chop 4 cocos a minute, 7 machete swings each. I would say you could try the George Costanza approach and sweat to look super busy, then you may get a raise or more vacation days because they think you are working so hard. :ROFLMAO:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Says Long McArthur Ford right in the screenshot. :rolleyes:
And if you listened to the video you'll know that info came directly from a national sales meeting, not a dealer making things up.
I honestly don't care what they call it...
The test mules are Warthog's ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We sweated around here on the farm until '92 when we got our first air conditioned tractor. We still have to sweat if outside the cab or not in the air conditioned shop but no use sweating if you don't have too.

Warthog on 37's? Bring it on!

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My mistake. Some other plug ins revert to ICE power once they use up the battery, so I figured the Wrangler was the same.

Fueleconomy.gov lists a gas-only rating for the 4xe, though, alongside the gas+electric (hybrid) rating, so still not sure about that. And it has the rating below other non-hybrid trims.

I guess someone has to be on the long range planning committee....but I find it ludicrous that they're looking ahead when they cannot do what they should have already done building the current year.
They don't just stop future development because they have issues currently.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My mistake. Some other plug ins revert to ICE power once they use up the battery, so I figured the Wrangler was the same.

Fueleconomy.gov lists a gas-only rating for the 4xe, though, alongside the gas+electric (hybrid) rating, so still not sure about that. And it has the rating below other non-hybrid trims.

They don't just stop future development because they have issues currently.
I think it still does, but it's got multiple modes instead of just electric and then just gas. And I wouldn't be surprised if its gas-only economy wasn't super great - that's a pretty small engine moving a vehicle weighed down by extra battery. Same reason the 2.3L on the Bronco won't really get much better economy than the 2m7L does.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only because lIghtning blue wasnt available outside of FE. I would much prefer it to VB but I will take VB over antimatter black or cactus"wish it was robins egg" pale green blueish under the right light. I will say this atleast Mopar uses colors that are some what defineable.
I get the impression someone high in the company thinks the Bronco is like the Explorer, Escape, and Edge - just an SUV and therefore gets the same conservative color palette.

While the terms conservative and dynamic are subjective, for me, if it is likely to show up on a rental lot, it is conservative for this discussion.

Where Wrangler has 5 shades of Black/Grey/Silver/White and 8 dynamic colors, the Bronco comes with 6-7 shades of Black/Grey/Silver/White and 5 dynamic colors.

And when they add a green (and I'm not convinced it will be bright enough to be obvious), they take out what looks to be 1 conservative color and it seems 3 dynamic colors.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
4XE here, plugin hybrid is a neat party trick, but it actually has the worst gas mileage of any jeep engine option (unless you are driving exactly 22mi or less round trip and fully charge it every time). The extra HP and torque it throws in more than make up for that though.
I would go all in on a BEV Bronco even if it only had 180 miles of range, I would even put up with lockable front hubs and a 2 wheel drive mode to keep the commute range up there. Hybrids, ehhhh, who wants the maintenance.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A seemingly easy fix for 2022 would be matching exterior color with interior color accents.
Sponsored