Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

doesnt the tail gate door handle need to pull out? looks like its immobilized by the RotoPax
Sponsored

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get that but this isn't like adding on chrome low profile rims or something. This removes one functional recovery part to replace it with another, and as someone else mentioned this probably isn't even street legal.

Anywhere you're going that you'd need extra dump cans you probably need the spare more.

I would modify this to market it towards dunes. Add a flag mount on it and the recovery ramp mounts. You don't need a spare or extra fuel most the time duning. Outside of that there isn't a practical situation for this in its current form.
I dont get ppl hauling around massive heavy spares, just get a repair kit & mount a compressor under the hood. 99% of the time its a puncture, not a sidewall gash. & usually in town not so much off road. *unless you are running / racing super hard. Repair kits are so-so easy, and can be faster than changing a spare.
But agree, like whats the sscenario for this - I guess camping they could both be water...

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was thinking the same. Anywhere I go where I need to carry extra gas, I most certainly need the spare
why do you need a spare, when a repair kit is faster.
ok, maybe extreme rock crawling wher maybe you damage a side wall
all the flats I have ever had are from a nail or screw....

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having three flats "(Goodyear "Wrangler" MT35s on Badlands Sasquatch) in five days in western Utah, I wouldn't think of going backroads without a spare. It's an interesting setup. You'll have extra fuel to get really off-road, should you get a flat.
what usually causes the flats?

Sponsored

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wish someone would make an under - body mounted water tank....

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely not an issue with the soft top
Definitely an issue in the hardtop, especially a 2 door. Double especially if you have all the deadners inside. We had some plastic draped over the back door and my wife closed it while I was inside and it popped my ears. It wasn't pleasant and I don't feel like enduring that sensation again.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
why do you need a spare, when a repair kit is faster.
ok, maybe extreme rock crawling wher maybe you damage a side wall
all the flats I have ever had are from a nail or screw....
So personal experience; I do Nevada and Mexico desert on long trips. These are the kind of trips where an extra 5-10 gallons of fuel WOULD be useful. However, most people I go with bring 2 spares because torn side wall in the desert is rather common. If we go for a multi-day trip there is a good chance we'll have at least one flat amongst our group. Sharp rocks sometimes rusted cattle crossing that are falling apart.

The bottom line is I've never driven so far on a trip where I would prioritize removing a spare to add fuel. A fuel mount and a spare tire would be preferred to be honest. We can reroute a trip to hit fuel stops, we can't reroute a trip because of a flat.

If you just want this add on for Mall Crawling go for it. If you don't need a spare for rock crawling, fine. I would argue you don't need the extra fuel for rock crawling though.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So personal experience; I do Nevada and Mexico desert on long trips. These are the kind of trips where an extra 5-10 gallons of fuel WOULD be useful. However, most people I go with bring 2 spares because torn side wall in the desert is rather common. If we go for a multi-day trip there is a good chance we'll have at least one flat amongst our group. Sharp rocks sometimes rusted cattle crossing that are falling apart.

The bottom line is I've never driven so far on a trip where I would prioritize removing a spare to add fuel. A fuel mount and a spare tire would be preferred to be honest. We can reroute a trip to hit fuel stops, we can't reroute a trip because of a flat.

If you just want this add on for Mall Crawling go for it. If you don't need a spare for rock crawling, fine. I would argue you don't need the extra fuel for rock crawling though.
Really good points.
Maybe this setup is best for 2x water tanks. For car camping in campgrounds

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Really good points.
Maybe this setup is best for 2x water tanks. For car camping in campgrounds
Yeah that would work. I don't think the core design is bad, I think it just needs some modification in order to market to the correct group. Water for overlanding on pole line roads makes sense, as I mentioned duning would work too.

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what usually causes the flats?
It was strange. I did some fairly serious trail and rockcrawling in Moab. Much of that was on unpaved but maintained dirt/stone roads. Then I headed to western Utah/Nevada, using the Pony Express Historic Byway (lots of fun!). On these maintained roads, rocks got stuck in the Goodyears' cleats and worked their way up through the ply.
Each mishap was about 40-45 miles from a town with services (Toele, W.Wendover), and I lost a day's outing getting it repaired. I abandoned, for this trip, my desire to explore Snake Valley, the Confusion Range Trail, and nearby Nevada off US 50 and US93 and Alt93. Next year--with better tires.

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Will it work with rear door support added to rear door?

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
doesnt the tail gate door handle need to pull out? looks like its immobilized by the RotoPax
It clears and can be opened.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's obvious from many of the responses, that folks who don't get the utility of this, are not in to serious rock crawling. That's OK if you don't get it, but if you have proper offroad tires (the factory MT35s don't qualify), the chances of getting a flat that's not repairable on the trail is slim. Hanging the spare off the back is a hindrance on many hard-core trails. If you think you need a spare, it would be better served carrying it inside or on a roof rack. It depends on the kind of trails being attempted and whether a day trip or a multi day overlanding trip. I have been strongly considering a spare delete,so I love seeing more options.

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The GOAT Modular Spare Tire Delete is now available for order.
Plus we added a bottle opener!

Features:
• Spare Tire Delete
• 3rd Brake Light
• Factory Camera Mount
• Mounts for Relocating your License Plate if you like, or can leave it in factory position
• License Plate Light
• Auxiliary Light Mounts
• Bottle Opener!
• Optional RotopaX Mounts
• Texture Black Powdercoated
• Mounts to Factory Locations. No cutting, drilling or welding needed.
• Includes all Mounting Hardware, 3rd Brake Light and License Plate Light
• Auxiliary Cube Lights Not Included
• Compatible with 2 or 4-Door Bronco 6th Generation
• 100% Made in the USA

Order today!

Ford Bronco NEW Modular Spare Tire Delete / RotopaX Mount / License Plate Relocate IMG_0137.JPEG
Ford Bronco NEW Modular Spare Tire Delete / RotopaX Mount / License Plate Relocate IMG_0536
Ford Bronco NEW Modular Spare Tire Delete / RotopaX Mount / License Plate Relocate IMG_4080.JPG
Ford Bronco NEW Modular Spare Tire Delete / RotopaX Mount / License Plate Relocate IMG_4082.JPG
Ford Bronco NEW Modular Spare Tire Delete / RotopaX Mount / License Plate Relocate IMG_4088.JPG
Ford Bronco NEW Modular Spare Tire Delete / RotopaX Mount / License Plate Relocate IMG_4092.JPG
Ford Bronco NEW Modular Spare Tire Delete / RotopaX Mount / License Plate Relocate IMG_4093.JPG
Sponsored