Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1645557573027.jpeg

1645557766183.jpeg

Looks like the HOSS 3.0 package will finally get the steel rear bumper on the Wildtrak that I’ve been wanting.
I've been wanting the steel rear too....ugh.

I finally got a VIN on January 22 for my July 2022 reservation. Since then my build week was pushed out once and is currently March 7th. The Raptor was released, the Everglades was released, and now the HOSS 3.0 option. My two door Wildtrak order just keeps getting pushed down the ladder of desirability. I definitely would have added the HOSS 3.0 option. I never would have thought that finally getting a VIN number would have turned into a negative thing. I have never owned anything but Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicles and at this point I am the least happy about being a loyal customer that I have ever been in my life. How can anything be so anticlimactic. I wish that Ford would actually build the Broncos that have people already have ordered instead of continually adding models and options. Waiting this long just to keep getting my build one- upped before I even get it is absolutely maddening. It would be nice to actually have something before it has been beaten out by a new model or highly desirable option. Ford is definitely pushing their luck with my brand loyalty.
I'm not viewing having a VIN as a negative, as I'm still excited for it, but what I'm not excited is the potential to keep getting pushed back, all while watching options I would've gotten being added.

I read the email Ford sent out yesterday, and by their wording the Hoss 3.0 is a special edition like Everglades and only available to existing unscheduled reservation holders.

How can I get a Bronco Everglades and the Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0 Package?
For the 2022 model year, all Bronco Everglades and HOSS 3.0 packages will go to existing unscheduled order holders. If you would like a chance at one these new models, make sure you have an unscheduled order prior to March 7, 2022. Starting on March 9, 2022, see your dealer to update your existing order to one of these new models.

The wording is making me think that there's the possibility that this won't be a permanent option in the B&P,
I'm thinking it will be long term, but maybe they have a production limit issue (like so many other things) right now, and that's why they're only offering it to existing reservation holders at the moment?

I've requested from my salesperson to see if the Hoss 3.0 could be added to my week of 3/14 build assuming that still on schedule. Agree that would be a nice factory upgrade.
Probably not since you're already scheduled - I'm a March 7 scheduled build and in the same boat.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As far as I know, I'm still scheduled for a week of March 7 build date, but originally that was the week of Jan 28th lol so it's entirely possible it keeps getting pushed back. And that doesn't include any time of it potentially sitting on what's now Ice Mountain - seems like they're building them sans chips and then installing them later, so what's to say that won't be the case with mine?

I was originally waiting for a '23 with the MOD top I originally ordered but that got inadvertently switched to a '22 and couldn't be switched back (when my order was converted from a '21 to '22, there was no MOD top option in the system since it's a '23 option, and before I found out/could have my order 99'd, it got picked up for scheduling. I'm assuming other people in this same boat have just had their order put in a holding priority code to get around this?). Anyway, my point in mentioning that is I'm going to be pissed if it continually gets pushed back and/or doesn't get delivered until '23 orders start, as I'd have just waited for '23 like I'd originally planned. I also have a feeling the '23 is going to get all the things I originally wanted and/or solve some complaints I had - namely the painted MOD top for the former, and the digital gauges and vinyl wrapped dash (a la Raptor) for the latter. And now we're seeing this upgraded HOSS suspension and possible rear steel bumper option (I've always hated the plastic bumpers) for Wildtrak now has an alternate/better suspension option randomly arriving mid '22 MY? AND the return of painted handles/mirror caps......Of course after my build was scheduled.

I understand that if you always wait for feature XYZ that's coming on "next year's" model, you'll never end up with anything because you'll perpetually be waiting, but it's just annoying that I'm going to have to spend more money to "fix" it to get back to something I'd originally ordered and they couldn't deliver on (obviously HOSS 3.0 is "new", but I'm more referring to the MOD top and painted handls/caps.

BroncoBilly22

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series & 2022 TESLA Y
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just spoke to my Salesman 02/25/22 and told him that Ford just updated the website and you are officially allowed to add the HOSS 3.0 with FOX™ Internal Bypass Dampers $2,515 to the build sheet. He met with the Sales manager and attempted to add it to my order and was unable to do so at this time! WTF! Said they sent a request to FORD corporate and they are awaiting an answer. So If I already added the $825 Steel front bumper to my build, does this mean that it would be ($2,515 - $825) = $1,690?
I wish this package also offered a Steel rear bumper to match the front. I would pay $3,000 for that as look as they looked good and were very functional.
OD: 07/2021

Original MSRP Wildtrak: $49,775
February 2022 Original MSRP $51,225
Difference of $1,750🔥

Salesman advised that I am "Price Protected"? Not so soon! Ford is going to increase the price of vehicles before we get them, when ever that may be?

* Anyone here looking at these rock slider / side rails? They are expensive but they do seem to be well thought out and offer door ding protection and double as a step rail. They would have to be powder-coated and it does not appear to be an option at this time.
https://nextventuremotorsports.com/products/bronco-rock-sliders-hurricane-series

Last edited:

BHearn9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

May be a dumb question but do the shocks change anything with the ride height or will it be the same as the normal suspension that the wildtrak comes with?
Wondering the same thing! Haven’t seen it addressed…

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I'm not viewing having a VIN as a negative, as I'm still excited for it, but what I'm not excited is the potential to keep getting pushed back, all while watching options I would've gotten being added.

I'm thinking it will be long term, but maybe they have a production limit issue (like so many other things) right now, and that's why they're only offering it to existing reservation holders at the moment?

Probably not since you're already scheduled - I'm a March 7 scheduled build and in the same boat.
I was thinking more along the line of since the Everglades is Sasquatch only, that they're offering Hoss 3.0 on the only other model that is Sasquatch only.
This way, they could offset commodities, shock wise and test the waters to see what the take rate would be for Hoss 3.0.

Don't get me wrong, I think Hoss 3.0 should be the standard suspension on the Wildtrak and hope it will at least stay as an option.

Sponsored

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will be more than $2550. Consensus seems to be that adding HOSS will trigger 2022.5 MY pricing.
There is no consensus, the price protection is a rebate you get from Ford when your vehicle is delivered. It you already got a 2022 on order Ford already told you what your rebate is gonna be. They are just gonna add the $2550 for the HOSS 3.0 option to your order on or around March 7th and your good to go. When your wildtrak is build and delivered you will use that rebate that gives you price protection for the 2022 base price of the wildtrak. I don’t see this option killing that rebate but we will see in a few weeks. Ford wants to take care of us not mess us up inside ….well I hope they want to take care of us! Most of us might end up 2023 maybe even 2024 models….we will get price protection! Maybe they will offer us the Bronco R with the 5.2 liter supercharged 760HP engine! Lol J/K

Reactions: Rpm

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will all the 4-cylinder owners still say they have plenty of power, no need for more?
No, but I am hung up on wanting a manual transmission. I really want a more powerful motor with the 7MT. So there’s that.

Evenrute

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Van: Owned a 2001 Ford F150 SuperCrew Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just spoke to my Salesman 02/25/22 and told him that Ford just updated the website and you are officially allowed to add the HOSS 3.0 with FOX™ Internal Bypass Dampers $2,515 to the build sheet. He met with the Sales manager and attempted to add it to my order and was unable to do so at this time! WTF! Said they sent a request to FORD corporate and they are awaiting an answer. So If I already added the $825 Steel front bumper to my build, does this mean that it would be ($2,515 - $825) = $1,690?
This site has the Ford memo about the changes and said the HOSS 3.0 can be added starting Match 9. Considered a MY22.5 option:

See: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/📄-new-bronco-orders-paused-after-march-7th-ppf-option-removed-hoss-3-0-package-updated-with-official-memo-document.37611/

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup. Dealer came back and advised that since I am scheduled cannot change order and that option is not available until next month. Perhaps a mod down the road......

Sponsored

Rpm

Wildtrak
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What would be the equivalant aftermarket fox shocks for these?

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A loaded 2 door wildtrak with the hoss 3.0 is around $60k and a loaded Braptor is around $80k and you have to be lucky to get picked by Ford to get one…so if you got a wildtrak on order without a vin or build date this HOSS 3.0 option is a no brainer. Most of us got price protection so it’s like less than the $60k….
I'm changing my order on Monday! Maybe tomorrow if I can! So stupid not to allow this on other builds.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wish this package also offered a Steel rear bumper to match the front. I would pay $3,000 for that as look as they looked good and were very functional.
OD: 07/2021

Original MSRP Wildtrak: $49,775
February 2022 Original MSRP $51,225
Difference of $1,750🔥

Salesman advised that I am "Price Protected"! :giggle:

* Anyone here looking at these rock slider / side rails? They are expensive but they do seem to be well thought out and offer door ding protection and double as a step rail. They would have to be powder-coated and it does not appear to be an option at this time.
https://nextventuremotorsports.com/products/bronco-rock-sliders-hurricane-series
If the MY2022.5 is triggered by upgrading to HOSS 3.0, then that would be +$1750. If you were already planning to get the modular bumper, Ford is only charging $270 ($825) to upgrade from the capable bumper (both have front bash plates). So, I guess worst case my price goes up 1750+ 2515 -550 = $3,410. I guess I can live with that.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm changing my order on Monday! Maybe tomorrow if I can! So stupid not to allow this on other builds.
March 9th is the first day it becomes available to add Hoss 3.0 to an order.

BroncoBilly22

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series & 2022 TESLA Y
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If the MY2022.5 is triggered by upgrading to HOSS 3.0, then that would be +$1750. If you were already planning to get the modular bumper, Ford is only charging $270 ($825) to upgrade from the capable bumper (both have front bash plates). So, I guess worst case my price goes up 1750+ 2515 -550 = $3,410. I guess I can live with that.
If they tell me that adding the Hoss 3.0 package triggers a 2022.5 build accessory and basically charge us an additional $1,750 I may have to tell them no! Ford is realizing that buyers are getting a rig that is currently worth more money than than they are charging and they are trying to cash in! I could see if people were getting there Broncos a few months after placing an order but for us waiting a year or more and then they try to stick it to us? BS Flag!
Sponsored