Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have reached out to my dealer to add the HOSS 3.0 as soon as they are able to make the change. Given everything that come in the package it is a very good value. The coilovers alone will be $2k-$3k.
Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like Ford is offering an improved suspension for the Wildtrak trim which combines the Fox 2.5" Internal bypass dampers, revised spring rates, severe-duty steering rack and tie rod ends from Ford Performance, Front skid plate and powder-coated steal bumper with integrated fog lights all for $2,515. Who here thinks this would be an option worth adding to my build? I am still waiting to hear from Ford that my Wildtrak is being built so now is a good a time as any to add this to my build sheet? I personally would rather have a rig with an upgraded suspension direct from the factory. For someone like me that can't perform the work myself it can get very expensive having someone remove and add suspension components. You buy upgraded after market parts and have to remove perfectly good take off parts that either get discarded or collect dust in your garage. Makes sense to me to just get them factory installed with a warranty and trust that Ford engineers know what they are doing.
1. Is this package worth $2,500?
2. Will my dealer just allow me to add this to my existing order without throwing me back to the end of the waiting list?
3. Are the Fox shocks with bypass dampers that much better than the Bilstein set up?
This is my personal view, since I switched back to Wildtrak.

1) I think it's worth it in the upgraded steering parts alone. The Fox shocks are a side-grade tuned for a different purpose.

2) Yes, your Dealer will allow you to change your order, as long as it doesn't have a VIN or is scheduled already, and it won't affect your position in line. The updates can't be added until roughly Job 2 scheduling which, I think, is the week of March 7th.

3)I wouldn't say they're 'better' but more of a side-grade tuned for a different purpose, what the Wildtrak is labeled as, but 'should' give just as good a ride on the road.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why do so many people have hatred for the Wildtrack?
I'm going to catch flak for this comment, but it gets a lot of hate because it doesn't have a SBD and is therefor labeled as a Mall crawler, by most.

The interior color combo of tan with black and digital camo (for cloth) and blue accents is what draws some hate from others. I dislike the color combos, but changing them isn't much of an issue after the research I've done, so I'm not bothered with it anymore.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I finally got a VIN on January 22 for my July 2022 reservation. Since then my build week was pushed out once and is currently March 7th. The Raptor was released, the Everglades was released, and now the HOSS 3.0 option. My two door Wildtrak order just keeps getting pushed down the ladder of desirability. I definitely would have added the HOSS 3.0 option. I never would have thought that finally getting a VIN number would have turned into a negative thing. I have never owned anything but Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicles and at this point I am the least happy about being a loyal customer that I have ever been in my life. How can anything be so anticlimactic. I wish that Ford would actually build the Broncos that have people already have ordered instead of continually adding models and options. Waiting this long just to keep getting my build one- upped before I even get it is absolutely maddening. It would be nice to actually have something before it has been beaten out by a new model or highly desirable option. Ford is definitely pushing their luck with my brand loyalty.
Couldn’t have said it any better. When I got the VIN and build date in January I was so excited. Not so much now.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been Badlands since day one, but I am now thinking of changing to Wildtrak and including HOSS 3.0. My reasoning is there will be aftermarket sway bar disconnects on the market at some point. Yes, they will have to be manually disconnected, but that is one less thing to go wrong and it's not that big of a deal to disconnect at the trail head for rock crawling - leave it connected if higher speed desert running. I will go with 37s - I think the upgraded steering components are more important to me than the extra hero switch. I would like to see a comparison between suspension travel of a Badlands with SBD and a Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 with manual sway bar disconnected.

That's my current thinking, but could change again...

Sponsored

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will the HOSS 3.0 suspension offer a better ride quality for highway driving or is it just for better off-road capabilities?

Last edited:

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will say my badlands HOSS suspension NON SAS rides great on the highway I drive 70 miles a day on the highway. I've owned Explorers and F150s and I would say the ride is between those two its better then an F150 just below the Explorer on the highway but just my opinion 🤷‍♂️

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This package puts the Wildtrak close to the 60K territory. Just add another 10K you can get a Warthog.

Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All suspensions are HOSS, the factory Hitachi shocks are HOSS 1.0 and the Bilsteins (both Badlands and Sasquatch) are HOSS 2.0

Not trying to come off like I’m correcting just clarifying. The Bilsteins ride really great for me though. The Bronco rides a little stout as expected but it’s not a bad thing at all.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do so many people have hatred for the Wildtrack?
Not sure it's hatred for most but until now with this upgraded suspension option there was nothing performance-wise that made the Wildtrak special. It was really a Badlands w/Sasquatch that didn't have the swaybar disconnect but was touted as the top trim. It was really just cosmetic items that made it different.

After they nixed the Modular top it really didn't stand out at all unless you wanted camo interior.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This package puts the Wildtrak close to the 60K territory. Just add another 10K you can get a Warthog.
Good point. Although, most reservation holders will get their WT at MSRP while there will be relatively few Braptor owners that didn’t pony up a $10k-$25k ADM.

gopats54

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2021 Jeep 4XE 2018 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I finally got a VIN on January 22 for my July 2022 reservation. Since then my build week was pushed out once and is currently March 7th. The Raptor was released, the Everglades was released, and now the HOSS 3.0 option. My two door Wildtrak order just keeps getting pushed down the ladder of desirability. I definitely would have added the HOSS 3.0 option. I never would have thought that finally getting a VIN number would have turned into a negative thing. I have never owned anything but Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicles and at this point I am the least happy about being a loyal customer that I have ever been in my life. How can anything be so anticlimactic. I wish that Ford would actually build the Broncos that have people already have ordered instead of continually adding models and options. Waiting this long just to keep getting my build one- upped before I even get it is absolutely maddening. It would be nice to actually have something before it has been beaten out by a new model or highly desirable option. Ford is definitely pushing their luck with my brand loyalty.
It's one of those things. Buyers Remorse is bad enough when the new model comes our after you purchased the old model. Most of us have gotten used to the cycles and know that there is a risk when we buy a current model that they next release will have something better. Apple has gotten most consumers hooked with the upgrade cycle of iPhones. However, automobiles are a different story. The sheer expense can increase the feeling of buyers remorse further. We know from news and release dates when models are being refreshed or completely redone. What we didn't expect was to be waiting on our automobiles so long that they would be refreshing or upgrading and locking out all of us who previously ordered the "old" model.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure it's hatred for most but until now with this upgraded suspension option there was nothing performance-wise that made the Wildtrak special. It was really a Badlands w/Sasquatch that didn't have the swaybar disconnect but was touted as the top trim. It was really just cosmetic items that made it different.

After they nixed the Modular top it really didn't stand out at all unless you wanted camo interior.
You’re right that Ford nix’ing the mod top was a big hit to the unique appearance, however, I feel there was still plenty of unique attributes to the WT even before the addition of Hoss 3.0 that made it stand out.
The WT is the only trim that only comes standard with the 2.7 Auto and Sas. You can’t get a lesser or cheaper version, and any other trim has to option those capabilities. I believe it’s the only trim that comes with Sport, Baja and 5 other GOAT modes. It’s the only trim with a blacked out appearance pkg…..wheels, beauty ring, grill, emblem. It’s the only trim that has a standard trim specific hood cowl graphic (love it or hate it), and optional trim specific side graphics. It’s the only trim that has a patterned seat design (Bronco logo and digital camo). I think it stood out and was immediately identifiable (especially with graphics pkg) and easily the most attractive model (IMHO) which is why the FE was a cosmetic copy of the WT with the exception of the interior (much nicer on the FE) and graphics.
I switched to the BL after all the YouTube videos came out showing the SBD and rock crawl capabilities but I knew I wasn’t going to take my $60k rig and go bashing it against boulders on a regular basis…..and let’s be honest, neither will the vast majority of BL owners. Now, flying down a dirt road in Baja mode and zipping around town in Sport mode is something I can get behind….and the new suspension pkg makes it even more capable on back roads. Unfortunately, I missed the window on the new pkg since my rig is currently built and awaiting chips at ice mountain…..so, I’ll be waiting on Ford Performance availability like my BL, BD, BB, OBX, FE and Base Bronco Brothers.
Sponsored