dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is this a new option for the 2022 Wildtrak's? Found on Build and Price, and didn't see it mentioned anywhere else.
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 11.07.08 PM.png
doesn't look like the fox live valve setup
Is this a new option for the 2022 Wildtrak's? Found on Build and Price, and didn't see it mentioned anywhere else.
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 11.07.08 PM.png
Anyone notice that on that on Ford's Bronco webpage it say that the HOSS 3.0 systems uses FOX live Valve 3.1 tech and on the build and price it says HOSS 3.0 uses 2.5 inch internal bypass shocks? that's 2 completely different technologies. So which on os right?
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure it's hatred for most but until now with this upgraded suspension option there was nothing performance-wise that made the Wildtrak special. It was really a Badlands w/Sasquatch that didn't have the swaybar disconnect but was touted as the top trim. It was really just cosmetic items that made it different.

After they nixed the Modular top it really didn't stand out at all unless you wanted camo interior.
I keep on hearing comparisons to the BL, I think the washout interiors and capable bumpers make the BDs and BLs unique, the WT was simply a Basesqautch with frills. This Hoss system will make good entertainment for the forum now.

BroncoJones

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That doesn't look like a live valve shock either. If you read Ford's description of HOSS 3.0 it describes it as using FOX's 3.1 live valve tech

Read description of HOSS 3.0 at URL below

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/features/off-roading/

The description is wrong. Only the 4.0 on the BRaptor has the 3.1" w/ live valve tech. The Hoss 3.0 has FOX brand 2.5" shocks but they are NOT live valve in the bronco application. The upcoming Ranger Raptor will have FOX 2.5" w/ live valve tech.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The description is wrong. Only the 4.0 on the BRaptor has the 3.1" w/ live valve tech. The Hoss 3.0 has FOX brand 2.5" shocks but they are NOT live valve in the bronco application. The upcoming Ranger Raptor will have FOX 2.5" w/ live valve tech.
Yeah, Ford needs to fix that. False advertising!

Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re right that Ford nix’ing the mod top was a big hit to the unique appearance, however, I feel there was still plenty of unique attributes to the WT even before the addition of Hoss 3.0 that made it stand out.
The WT is the only trim that only comes standard with the 2.7 Auto and Sas. You can’t get a lesser or cheaper version, and any other trim has to option those capabilities. I believe it’s the only trim that comes with Sport, Baja and 5 other GOAT modes. It’s the only trim with a blacked out appearance pkg…..wheels, beauty ring, grill, emblem. It’s the only trim that has a standard trim specific hood cowl graphic (love it or hate it), and optional trim specific side graphics. It’s the only trim that has a patterned seat design (Bronco logo and digital camo). I think it stood out and was immediately identifiable (especially with graphics pkg) and easily the most attractive model (IMHO) which is why the FE was a cosmetic copy of the WT with the exception of the interior (much nicer on the FE) and graphics.
I switched to the BL after all the YouTube videos came out showing the SBD and rock crawl capabilities but I knew I wasn’t going to take my $60k rig and go bashing it against boulders on a regular basis…..and let’s be honest, neither will the vast majority of BL owners. Now, flying down a dirt road in Baja mode and zipping around town in Sport mode is something I can get behind….and the new suspension pkg makes it even more capable on back roads. Unfortunately, I missed the window on the new pkg since my rig is currently built and awaiting chips at ice mountain…..so, I’ll be waiting on Ford Performance availability like my BL, BD, BB, OBX, FE and Base Bronco Brothers.
I'm agree. To my point Wildtrak differences were only cosmetic preferences (particulary given forescan can get you any of the GOAT modes you desire) not performance or capability differences hence some of the "disdain". Similarly equipped other models reached the same price level and performance level of Wildtrak.

That said all are very capable and everyone has their own preferences. Hope you get off Ice mountain soon.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I keep on hearing comparisons to the BL, I think the washout interiors and capable bumpers make the BDs and BLs unique, the WT was simply a Basesqautch with frills. This Hoss system will make good entertainment for the forum now.
Troll

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm agree. To my point Wildtrak differences were only cosmetic preferences (particulary given forescan can get you any of the GOAT modes you desire) not performance or capability differences hence some of the "disdain". Similarly equipped other models reached the same price level and performance level of Wildtrak.

That said all are very capable and everyone has their own preferences. Hope you get off Ice mountain soon.
Thanks….me too! Apparently Ford (or other forces) have locked MY22 Broncos from obtaining Sport and other capabilities thru FORscan and at least one Bronco is bricked like a jaibroke IPhone in his driveway…..or at least it was last week.
So, the only way to get BL or WT modes may be to buy it that way as the FORscan ship may have sailed….at least for now.

I would say, since other models go to great expense (Sas, V6) and effort (painting grills black, powder coating beauty rings, plasti-dipping emblems) that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery….just kidding of course, but virtually no one is painting their grill gray, their emblem silver, or beauty rings warm alloy.

Each model is designed for either a budget or a purpose and the WT is no different. The frustrating part is that Badlands elitist continually bash the WT for unknown reasons, and it gets a little old when in fact, if you have a wrench and can find the swaybar and know how to select 4L, you can make the WT very nearly as capable as the BL….especially when you add full bash plates, modular bumper, rock sliders, etc. MGV and washout floors are not a capability….they’re a convenience. Some of us prefer not sitting on hot/cold vinyl and taking a hose to our interior. Some prefer vacuuming nice carpet and hosing off our washout all weather floor mats.
And buying a BL does not make the purchaser a rock climbing monster.
I couldn’t swing a dead cat here in Cheyenne without hitting a soccer mom in a Rubicon…..so, there’s that.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks….me too! Apparently Ford (or other forces) have locked MY22 Broncos from obtaining Sport and other capabilities thru FORscan and at least one Bronco is bricked like a jaibroke IPhone in his driveway…..or at least it was last week.
So, the only way to get BL or WT modes may be to buy it that way as the FORscan ship may have sailed….at least for now.

I would say, since other models go to great expense (Sas, V6) and effort (painting grills black, powder coating beauty rings, plasti-dipping emblems) that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery….just kidding of course, but virtually no one is painting their grill gray, their emblem silver, or beauty rings warm alloy.

Each model is designed for either a budget or a purpose and the WT is no different. The frustrating part is that Badlands elitist continually bash the WT for unknown reasons, and it gets a little old when in fact, if you have a wrench and can find the swaybar and know how to select 4L, you can make the WT very nearly as capable as the BL….especially when you add full bash plates, modular bumper, rock sliders, etc. MGV and washout floors are not a capability….they’re a convenience. Some of us prefer not sitting on hot/cold vinyl and taking a hose to our interior. Some prefer vacuuming nice carpet and hosing off our washout all weather floor mats.
And buying a BL does not make the purchaser a rock climbing monster.
I couldn’t swing a dead cat here in Cheyenne without hitting a soccer mom in a Rubicon…..so, there’s that.
Very true. Interesting regarding forescan...I guess a perk of having a 2021 MY.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The latest version of forescan fixes the issue with writing values on MY22 - as reported by a few...

Sponsored

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, that option wasn’t available when my MY22 WT was scheduled. Guess I’ll have to add it later.
Not sure it's hatred for most but until now with this upgraded suspension option there was nothing performance-wise that made the Wildtrak special. It was really a Badlands w/Sasquatch that didn't have the swaybar disconnect but was touted as the top trim. It was really just cosmetic items that made it different.

After they nixed the Modular top it really didn't stand out at all unless you wanted camo interior.
On the aesthetic front, the lacquered grill, and tail lamp surround, as well as the rims are considered upgrades on the WT from other Bronco models, except the 1st ed.

Ford removed the black lacquer mirror covers and body colored handles for my MY '22 WT, which is the perk I got as a day 2 , crack of dawn reservation holder. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Other than that, I agree with you. In fact, by adding the modular bumper and having to purchase the rock rails (standard with the Badlands) separately, as well as a steel rear bumper... My 2DWT is over $60k, when compared to a $57k Badlands... and this does not include the added off road capability that comes standard with the BL. Sigh.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

On the aesthetic front, the lacquered grill, and tail lamp surround, as well as the rims are considered upgrades on the WT from other Bronco models, except the 1st ed.

Ford removed the black lacquer mirror covers and body colored handles for my MY '22 WT, which is the perk I got as a day 2 , crack of dawn reservation holder. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Other than that, I agree with you. In fact, by adding the modular bumper and having to purchase the rock rails (standard with the Badlands) separately, as well as a steel rear bumper... My 2DWT is over $60k, when compared to a $57k Badlands... and this does not include the added off road capability that comes standard with the BL. Sigh.
So, when I build a:
2dr BL
2.7L AT
Sas
Lux
The total price is $57,060

When I build a:
2dr WT
Full bash plates
Modular bumper
Tube steps (no rock sliders)
Lux
Hoss 3.0
The total Price is $58,440

If I build the WT with the steel powder coated bumper and just front bash plates in conjunction with the Hoss 3.0 it only comes to $57,775

So, I would say when you swap Swaybar disco and Hoss 3.0, wilt all other standard equipment they are really close in price.

With the BL you also get MGV/ Washout floors, steel rear bumper, RC mode

With the WT you also get Cloth digital camo seats, blacked out wheels/beauty rings, emblems, grill and WT hood cowl graphics, Sport mode, tube steps

Both beautiful/capable and both very close on price.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All those badlands people that were dogging the wildtrak and saying it didnt have a place in the line up are pissed now.
Honestly, you are correct. I was one of those people. I possibly might switch.

Ford should have done this from the beginning though to differentiate the two models.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, when I build a:
2dr BL
2.7L AT
Sas
Lux
The total price is $57,060

When I build a:
2dr WT
Full bash plates
Modular bumper
Tube steps (no rock sliders)
Lux
Hoss 3.0
The total Price is $58,440

If I build the WT with the steel powder coated bumper and just front bash plates in conjunction with the Hoss 3.0 it only comes to $57,775

So, I would say when you swap Swaybar disco and Hoss 3.0, wilt all other standard equipment they are really close in price.

With the BL you also get MGV/ Washout floors, steel rear bumper, RC mode

With the WT you also get Cloth digital camo seats, blacked out wheels/beauty rings, emblems, grill and WT hood cowl graphics, Sport mode, tube steps

Both beautiful/capable and both very close on price.
Exactly! For me, it boils down to would I rather have the sway bar disco or upgraded steering...there are valid arguments for either. Too bad we can't order both.
Sponsored